BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacking Kean = 2nd Chance for Venky's?

Kean has always bought well. The Yak being a perfect example, Goodwillie should score 30 plus next season, with a towering centre half and more dig in midfield I expect us to return as champions.

Steve!

Good to see that you're back in the country and sat at your desk at Brockhall!

Now get the (insert expletive) out of our club.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean has always bought well. The Yak being a perfect example, Goodwillie should score 30 plus next season, with a towering centre half and more dig in midfield I expect us to return as champions.

hahahah ! Kean didn't even want the Yak to start with, he was a last minute panic buy

hahahah ! Kean didn't even want the Yak to start with, he was a last minute panic buy

So he didn't buy the Yak then? Head out the sands Craig, Goddy and the Yak were both superb signings.

Wrong thread fella, you want the Steve Kean lies one for that post.

Jesus, another WUM

Wrong thread fella, you want the Steve Kean lies one for that post.

Jesus, another WUM

So to clarify your HONESTLY believe Steve didn't sign Goodwillie and the Yak?

There is nothing wrong with a little honestly my friend.

So he didn't buy the Yak then? Head out the sands Craig, Goddy and the Yak were both superb signings.

Pourquai? Um... Yak and Jermaine were both good signings I will give you that. Orr has done okay on the pitch (but has needlessly ###### off the entire support off it), Formica has been alright though hardly a great return for the cash outlayed. Santa Cruz, Goodwillie, Rochina, Marcus Olsson, Petrovic have all been poor signings who have offered very very little. Vukcevic and Dann have been nothing short of abysmal - especially when you consider the money they cost. Modeste was utterly useless too.

I have not even mentioned Riberio and Anderson....

Why do you think Goodwillie is a good signing? He scored two important goals but apart from that has done absolutely nothing. He has been terrible in most of the games he has played.

The majority of his signins have not even feckin played regularly in a side that got relegated and has sold the majority of its existing talent - instead he opted for youth players he inherited from the previous regeime.. how is that an endorsement of his transfer strategy?

It has been widely known that Kean wanted Jermaine Beckford. It was that agent bloke Zhavhi (or something) that sorted out the Yak last minute.

Do you HONESTLY believe Kean wanted Vuckevic?

Pourquai? Um... Yak and Jermaine were both good signings I will give you that. Orr has done okay on the pitch (but has needlessly ###### off the entire support off it), Formica has been alright though hardly a great return for the cash outlayed. Santa Cruz, Goodwillie, Rochina, Marcus Olsson, Petrovic have all been poor signings who have offered very very little. Vukcevic and Dann have been nothing short of abysmal - especially when you consider the money they cost. Modeste was utterly useless too.

I have not even mentioned Riberio and Anderson....

Why do you think Goodwillie is a good signing? He scored two important goals but apart from that has done absolutely nothing. He has been terrible in most of the games he has played.

The majority of his signins have not even feckin played regularly in a side that got relegated and has sold the majority of its existing talent - instead he opted for youth players he inherited from the previous regeime.. how is that an endorsement of his transfer strategy?

Because I've watched him previously in for Dundee United, trust me he is a Star in the making all he needs is game time. Ask anyone in Scotland if Goody is a better player that Jelavic and at least 75% of folk would agree. He will score 30 next season.

Because I've watched him previously in for Dundee United, trust me he is a Star in the making all he needs is game time. Ask anyone in Scotland if Goody is a better player that Jelavic and at least 75% of folk would agree. He will score 30 next season.

I will happily bet you a hundred pounds right now that Goodwillie will not score 30 goals in the Championship.

I will happily bet you a hundred pounds right now that Goodwillie will not score 30 goals in the Championship.

I will happily accept this bet. Goodie will absolutely smash the Championship. It's an awful standard of league. He's already done quite well for a top-half SPL team, which is a much higher standard than the most of the total dross in the Championship like Barnsley and Millwall. he's a strong boy, so he's well adept for the kick and rush nature of English football. Look how well jason roberts did for Reading. You're not going to seriousl tell me you think he's a better player than David, are you? :lol:

Guest Rovers4Good

If you seriously think Goodwillie will smash it in the Championship then good luck to you. :(

Yak's the only decent striker we have unfortunately :)

If you seriously think Goodwillie will smash it in the Championship then good luck to you. :(

Your usually at the training ground - you there today?? Any news on the muppet up there?

SPL better standard than the Championship? :lol:

Much better standard than most of the league, yes. Old Firm are better than every team. Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee United Hearts are better than all but the top 6-8 teams. St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Killie are better than the bottom 8 or so teams. The rest(St Mirren, Dunfermline, Hibs, ICT) would all finish between 17-24.

Look at the players in the Championship. Vaz Te is one of the best players in the league. He was an absolute laughing stock at Hibs, one of the worst players they've ever seen. Darren O'Dea was one of Leeds best players, a laughing stock at Celtic. Robert Snodgrass one of Championships best players wasn't even good enough for the SPL, he spent his entire time in Scotland in the First Division. Same with Stephen Dobbie and Graeme Dorrans. Ian Harte, the best left-back in the league, failed to win a contract at St Mirren after a trial in 2009. Stephen Crainey, another of the Championships stars = Celtic laughing stock.

I could go on and on, but the proof is in the pudding. Currently there are 33 players in the Premiership that have joined directly from an SPL team. That works out at almost 3 per SPL team. Much, much higher than the same statistic for players transfering from the Championship.

How many SPL games do you watch a year? Watching 4 old firm games a season doesn't make you an expert on the league. You clearly have no idea.

Trust me, he will come good. He's a young guy, moving away from home for the first time to a foreign country and foreign league. Some allowances have to be made.

How the hell do you know?

The SPL has declined massively in quality this last decade, not sure of any commentator on Scottish football who would argue differently.

It's a matter of wages, clubs in the Championship pay more= they get a better quality of players.

Even League 1 sides like the Sheffield clubs, Huddersfield, MK Dons et al pay more than the majority of SPL sides.

Much better standard than most of the league, yes. Old Firm are better than every team. Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee United Hearts are better than all but the top 6-8 teams. St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Killie are better than the bottom 8 or so teams. The rest(St Mirren, Dunfermline, Hibs, ICT) would all finish between 17-24.

Look at the players in the Championship. Vaz Te is one of the best players in the league. He was an absolute laughing stock at Hibs, one of the worst players they've ever seen. Darren O'Dea was one of Leeds best players, a laughing stock at Celtic. Robert Snodgrass one of Championships best players wasn't even good enough for the SPL, he spent his entire time in Scotland in the First Division. Same with Stephen Dobbie and Graeme Dorrans. Ian Harte, the best left-back in the league, failed to win a contract at St Mirren after a trial in 2009. Stephen Crainey, another of the Championships stars = Celtic laughing stock.

I could go on and on, but the proof is in the pudding. Currently there are 33 players in the Premiership that have joined directly from an SPL team. That works out at almost 3 per SPL team. Much, much higher than the same statistic for players transfering from the Championship.

How many SPL games do you watch a year? Watching 4 old firm games a season doesn't make you an expert on the league. You clearly have no idea.

Trust me, he will come good. He's a young guy, moving away from home for the first time to a foreign country and foreign league. Some allowances have to be made.

Interesting, Tugay hardly got a game at Rangers, Amoruso did, Barry fergusen did well at rangers not good here, Kris Commons was Celtics best player last season, bought from Derby County, I can name a few more if you like, Oh, and Gavin Gunning who the muppet Kean sold to bring in Myles bloody Anderson is Dundee U player of the season!!

How the hell do you know?

The SPL has declined massively in quality this last decade, not sure of any commentator on Scottish football who would argue differently.

It's a matter of wages, clubs in the Championship pay more= they get a better quality of players.

Even League 1 sides like the Sheffield clubs, Huddersfield, MK Dons et al pay more than the majority of SPL sides.

So, that's a yes then? You've seen zero St. Johnstone games, but still feel inclined to comment on the quality of the team?

The Qatari league has far, far more money than both. Is it a better league?

If the SPL is such a poor standard of league, maybe you could explain why so many SPL players move to the Premierleague.

The best players move to England for a better wage and a better standard of football, why else?

If you honestly think the SPL is a better standard league than the Chmapionship then good for you, but the wage bills say different.

ps why am I arguing with some wum who thinks Goodwillie is better than Jelavic? The bloke who was that bad he couldn't eve get in our pish side ahead of Antony Modeste?

Interesting, Tugay hardly got a game at Rangers, Amoruso did, Barry fergusen did well at rangers not good here, Kris Commons was Celtics best player last season, bought from Derby County, I can name a few more if you like, Oh, and Gavin Gunning who the muppet Kean sold to bring in Myles bloody Anderson is Dundee U player of the season!!

Tugay was poor at Rangers, and ended up becoming a club legend here. How is that a sleight against the SPL? :unsure:

Amorouso's legs had gone by the time he joined Rovers. Why else would Rangers have released him? Disagree, Ferguson was good, considering it was his first time away from home. That was until Gary Speed assaulted him on the pitch. He was never the same after that. Even in his 2nd spell with Rangers. He was very poor.

kris Commons has had a terrible season. Been a bit-part player and didn't score a goal in 22 games. He had a 3 month purple patch. And anyway, he was Derby's best player by a distance last season. He rejected moves to other Championship to join Celtic, because they are a much bigger team and play in a better league.

Gunning is a good player. He'll be back in the prem/champ in a few years. Still the correct decision to let him go though, he isn't good enough just now.

The best players move to England for a better wage and a better standard of football, why else?

If you honestly think the SPL is a better standard league than the Chmapionship then good for you, but the wage bills say different.

ps why am I arguing with some wum who thinks Goodwillie is better than Jelavic? The bloke who was that bad he couldn't eve get in our pish side ahead of Antony Modeste?

Nice attepmt at deflection, but that wasn't the question. As I pointed out earlier, 33 players in the Prem have came from Scottish Clubs. Average of about 3 per team. Why isn't this record equalled or bettered in the Championship, if it such a better league?

Point to the post that I claimed Goodwillie was better than jelavic. i think you'll find that such a post doesn't exist.

Archived