BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacking Kean = 2nd Chance for Venky's?

To me, Kean (along with Agnew) has been a huge, huge part of the problems we've had as a club in the last 18 months.

Yes, Venky's had made a ton of mistakes and have clearly taken some horrendous advice from people only interested in their personal gain, but Kean is different.

Kean has lied, spun and manipulated his way into the job and into keeping it. His sole intention is to make as much money as he can, irrespective of his performance or the well-being of our club.

So, to me, Kean is the biggest problem here and by removing him, admitting that mistakes were made and appointing a proper manager (Curbishley/similar), I would definitely be in favour of giving Venky's a fresh start.

However there seems to be an equal amount of fans who feel that Venky's are the main culprits in all of this and that Kean is simply a symptom of the bigger problem.

What are your thoughts - are Venky's worth a fresh start or is it simply too late for them, with selling the club being the only option?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it depends on whether you see Venkys as just incompetent and poorly advised or whether you think there are ulterior motives or complicent in the spin, lies and arrogance.

The former would probably be willing to give them another chance. The latter will not.

Im in the first camp.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

VENKY'S OUT

Seriously there is so much sh1t that cannot be posted here.

Do us all a favour philipl, go to an internet cafe, make a blog under proxy and fake name -

Otherwise just shut up about it. It's pointless knowing I have the correct lottery numbers if I can't buy a ticket.

Main problems off the top of my head...

Massive agent involvement to date

Persisting with a manager completely out of his depth

Insulting and showing total contempt for the fans

Not having adequate finances - rumour that players can't play due to appearance fees/contracts

No exec team to have proper input into decision making

Rao family don't understand football and did not know what they were getting into

Awful communication

The list goes on but to come back from this would take huge changes, possible they may have seen the light however surely pretty unlikely that they could start running the club normally....

Surely its time to say nothing for now and lets see what unfolds and how quickly events move and in what direction they take the club.

You have to be an absolute idiot if you think that Rovers cant go straight through the championship and into league 1 this coming season with the way things stand.

Surely its time to say nothing for now and lets see what unfolds and how quickly events move and in what direction they take the club.

You have to be an absolute idiot if you think that Rovers cant go straight through the championship and into league 1 this coming season with the way things stand.

The most sensible post in a while. Lets face it no one knows what is happening so rather than making up speculation and putting two and two together and getting five now it the time to sit back enjoy the weekend and hope something comes of it.

Everyone now realises he is not the man for the job incluting the red tops so he hasnt got a leg to stand on. Even he must see he cant carry on. Matter of time i think. Patience is the key

Agreed, we have to see what happens with Kean and what they do after.

only way i will give them a chance if:-

1. they sack kean asap

2. appoint a proper experienced manager, no cheapo alternatives

3. give him some money to spend to help us get back up

4. appoint someone at the club, ie chairman, who the new manager can report to

5. give us some dialogue as to what is happening at the club, talk to the fans, media etc

6. turn up at games to show they care and if they follow through on points 1-5 then coming to the games will make it a more pleasurable experience for them

if they can fullfill all these points then i am prepared to give them 6 months!!

Main problems off the top of my head...

Massive agent involvement to date

Persisting with a manager completely out of his depth

Insulting and showing total contempt for the fans

Not having adequate finances - rumour that players can't play due to appearance fees/contracts

No exec team to have proper input into decision making

Rao family don't understand football and did not know what they were getting into

Awful communication

The list goes on but to come back from this would take huge changes, possible they may have seen the light however surely pretty unlikely that they could start running the club normally....

Exactly John.

For all our sakes, the club needs a thorough cleansing.

• Backroom

I still want them out.

Sacking Kean is a cause for celebration but only because Kean is such a loathesome individual. it doesn't change what Venky's have done.

Basically, they will need to do A LOT more than sack Kean to prove to me they've changed. As long as they continue to show themselves as inept and incompetent owners (they can't even handle Kean's sacking correctly ffs) I have no intention of forgiving them.

Venky's cost us our premier league place. Sacking Kean doesn't change that.

I'd be prepared if they did the following:

Apolgised for relagation,

Got a sensible management team together,

Appointed a good man manager with funds to back him,

Aroma Desai to step down and Balaji to step up.

I think it depends on whether you see Venkys as just incompetent and poorly advised or whether you think there are ulterior motives or complicent in the spin, lies and arrogance.

The former would probably be willing to give them another chance. The latter will not.

Im in the first camp.

For me wither way they have to go. The "poorly advised" thing would have maybe washed with me a year or six month ago, but clearly - even if they were poorly advised - the level of incompetence is just so vast that it seems to me virtually impossible that they can turn it around.

They need to sell up and leave.

I think I may harbor a little more respect for them if they actually TRY to fix all their wrongdoings but in my heart I feel they will not. I don't think they are capable of suddenly doing things differently. JUst look at how long it has taken to get to this, and there is still nothing concrete that he is on his way. They need to come in with a wide broom clean up the whole mess and put in a real football set up. A bit like it was before they meddled.

It's a bit like a cheating wife, just cos she reforms or says she will, do you still want to be her husband? No, kudos if they try, they won't, and for that they must just go back to do what they do best, killing chickens and not football clubs although they are really really good at that too.

I'd be prepared if they did the following:

Apolgised for relagation,

Got a sensible management team together,

Appointed a good man manager with funds to back him,

Aroma Desai to step down and Balaji to step up.

you do realise the venkys own us?

Too little, too late.

It would just be best all round if they stuck to chickens and let someone else carry on. They are getting nothing but negative press at home and over here and really should be focusing on saving their dying main business. Trouble is now we've lost the best part of 60% of our income we're hardly worth anything like what they paid for us. They too appear rather stubborn and publicly seem to want to retain Rovers, although people are lurking. But they're unlikely to leave without the majority of their investment back. I fear we're stuck with them now they've finally decided Lucifer should go back below as surely if they were even considering selling, they wouldn't have canned him. 1.5M a year, what 2 or so left so around 2 or so million quid and given how lavish they've been with the dollar to date? I just can't see them looking to sell now as surely they wouldn't want more debt/personal expense over their 'baby'? Especially if they were tarting the baby up for a sale. If Kean is sacked and we're finally free, I believe it means they intend to hang around and they're rather stubborn.

Worst thing of all is every single one of us knows what they started with was one of the best run clubs in our country. And that's not the fan in me speaking. They came along thought they knew better, trusted some right tits, without checking, and sacked some of the best in the business. It's been like watching someone buy a Ducatti Veron, drive it for a bit and then decide they can make it better and out comes the mallet. It has taken unprecedented measures by fans and protests lasting practically a full season to MAKE them see sense, it just cannot continue. Football is a decision NOW business and these guys take months, years almost to realise they've gotten it wrong and act (if they have). We will only go one way with these people in charge and getting back were we belong will never happen unless these guys magically evolve and overnight. It's obviously not working out and never will. One right choice cannot out do the 10's, even the hundreds of idiotic mistakes/choices that they have made to date. If they're intent is too hang around then and come good, it's gonna take them a while as we're nowhere near a decent club anymore.

Venky's Out.

you do realise the venkys own us?

yes, and that is the problem. We can petition and protest and get rid of Kean, but without a willing seller and a willing buyer, or enough concrete evidence to persuade someone else to rid us of Venkys for specific reasons, we are stuck with them. Having a go at them seems to make them worse, not better, so if they have got rid of Kean, we have to give them a chance in public whilst working as hard as it is possible to do in every way possible, to get rid. Tthey have to go, but it could be a longer process than we'd like. Of course someone could be sitting on gold somewhere that, if released and proven, could mean they have to go asap for whatever they can get. We live in hope.

Can't we just get Kean Out first before we turn on the owners, who - possibly for the first time - seem to be poised to do something good for the club?

I'd hate there to be a change of heart at this stage just to thumb their noses at "ungrateful fans".

One battle at a time. ;)

Archived