BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacking Kean = 2nd Chance for Venky's?

If they appoint someone like Curbs or Holloway it would suggest that there are going to be massive changes in the way they run the club because they wouldn't be taken for mugs, in this case I'd be willing to give them a second chance as I don't see any other viable alternatives.

The problem is that I can see the next manager being a Kean MK2 and more of the same as last season.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultimately they have to start keeping the promises they made when they took over. Sacking Kean would be a small step in the right direction. Get JW back - and I think most fans would get behind them (I admit him coming is unlikely - but an empowered JW what is needed as the next step after getting rid of kean)

I don't believe some of you lets look at the 2 scenarios would you rather:

1. Stick With Kean invest nothing in the club and the club hurtle towards oblivion.

2. Sack Kean take advice better people and generally do their best for the club.

I do believe they have been badly advised and now seem to want to do their best by the club and depending on who they appoint it would show they accept the mess that we are in and would be a small step on the way back to recovery I choose to take people at face value and hope Balaji sticks to his word and makes the big changes needed as I feel he genuinely has the clubs best interests at heart.

• Backroom

Cryer reckons Steve Kean won't be leaving the club.

If he's removed as manager but becomes DOF or retains a role at the club will people still be willing to forgive Venky's so quickly?

If he's removed as manager but becomes DOF or retains a role at the club will people still be willing to forgive Venky's so quickly?

Of course not. Any forgiveness or even grudgingly giving them a chance is based on his total removal from ever even saying the words Blackburn Rovers again, let alone coming anywhere near our club.

No 2nd chance from me ....Venkys Out

I'd be willing to give Venky's a second chance, but not a 23rd chance or whatever it is they must be on by now, get these people away from Ewood and sell it to someone who actually cares about the club and has a clue what they are doing.

Getting rid of Kean would be a massive step in the right direction for us, but I'm not getting carried away as with Venky's still in place we might not see much change.

I will NEVER support or trust anyone connected to the Rao family or Venkys.

Once trust is broken it can never be truly repaired.

Venkys OUT.

If they sacked Kean, and if they appointed a respected manager in his place, then I would wipe the slate clean.

Regardless of my personal opinions, it is a step in the right direction, would indicate some good faith and good sense from the owners, and, most importantly, would benefit the club.

Appointing an experienced manager would wipe the slate clean? Um, no. I think not. We've been put through 18 months of torture and humiliation. It's therefore only logical that 18 months of success and reconciliation would be the only way Venky's could atone for their sins. Under Venky's we have broken new records of awfulness, sacrificed our PL stature, have seen the fans treated with contempt, and scapegoats made of those who tried to save the club. Yet people are willing to handwave all that if Kean's sacked? What if they appointed a decent manager but continued to budget the team selection? Would all be forgiven then as we struggle to compete in The Championship? It seems to me that people are clinging to any excuse to resume supporting the club blindly.

This absolutely absurd farce re the Kean 'meeting' has proven that these people are in no way fit to run an English football club.

Kean stays as manager- it would without question be the worst decision this club has ever made, it is not enough that employing him has cost the club millions and at a stroke destroyed 20 years of success, but keeping him on will ensure we lose thousands upon thousands of suuporters- many of whom could never return

Kean stays on in some capacity- A quite ridiculous kop out that shows that either the nefarious figure of Anderson is still involved and/or personal relationships are taking precedence over sensible business decisions.

Kean goes- Who the feck is going to search and appoint a new manager? How long will it take? Who on earth is going to work for these morons?

What a mess.

If anyone doubted the complete and utter contempt with which Venky's regard the people of Blackburn with, the current farce over the communication about the Manager's position underlines it.

Venky's and whoever is behind them are irretrievably doomed as owners of Rovers.

I think if Kean were to be replaced, then some would be willing to give Venkys a 2nd chance (not me). I still think there's a lot of fans who really don't understand or know as much as most people who post on here do.

I think Kean has been sent away to think over an offer.

If he was staying, then he'd have been texting Sky or making sure the cameras caught him at Wembley.

Although keep your eyes peeled tonight, he might be on a scouting mission in Munich...! :rolleyes:

For me, the way in which our Premier League status was so needlessly frittered away by our owners means I could never warm to them. I spent too many years watching us struggle during the late 60s, 70s and 80s for me to forgive their complete and utter incompetence in so easily giving up our hard won top flight status. Forcing the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn out of the club; sacking Big Sam and putting Desai's favourite puppet in charge and then sacking Paul Hunt for telling her the truth about the state of the club under her ownership merely underline the fact that the Rovers will never grow unless the lunes in Pune are driven out of the club. They have turned a well run club into a national laughing stock and as far as I'm concerned there is no way back for them.

I will never forgive Venkys, and Im quite a forgiving person,

Kean, Agnew, Anderson and Venkys need removing for this club to rise from the ashes that the four mentioned have taken it to.

No words of comfort, no decision, in fact nothing bar their exits can make up for what they have put our club and supporters through the last 18 months.

I could write a massive list of reasons, but previous posters and others across many threads have highlighted these throughout their tenure.

The fight will go on, as long as need be until every last one of the bad guys exit that the door for the final time.

I also cant believe people will forgive the V's for what they have caused. Yet the dippers have not got the common decency to say publically sorry or even say anything to the fans over their ending of our glory days.

Venky's need to go, the contempt shown for the fans, press & tv trying to get any information out of them over the last few days has shown their cards. They lack respect for anything except their own ego's !

They want respect but will never get it at Ewood now.

Kean is merely ONE of the symptoms - albeit a particularly irritating symptom - but it is not the disease.

Venky's are a big part of that disease. They and their agent pals, as well as the others making merry upon our demise, need to leave. I wish they could all be forced out somehow. Preferably at gunpoint.

Didn't we all give Venkys a second chance at the end of last season.

They have completely blown it as far as I am concerned they need to go.

If anyone thinks they are competent then the last 4 days since Kean arrived in India show they are not fit and proper persons to run OUR club.

Don't forget while this debacle continues the club is totally rudderless. At a key time in the club's future no one is running the club or organising the playing staff.

Archived