BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Design a T-shirt competition

Following the news today that BRFC Action Group Honorary Patron Wayne Hemingway MBE has kindly offered to produce some products for the group. I would like to offer invitation to ALL supporters to design a new blue and white rovers shirt which can be worn next season.

This will be mass produced for purchase and hopefully we can keep the costing down, please email all your designs to paul@brfcactiongroup.co.uk,

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I thought Wayne was designing them himself

Id go classic, blue and white halves with a red v neck similar to the kit last season, a simple red rose badge and maybe 1875 on the back

No slogans or the like

How about marketing it as an alternative home kit, as Tom above says stick with classic blue and white halves with a red v neck.

My two pence worth...Instead of the rovers badge use the chicken with a dead rose in its beak - in rovertakenmb's avatar.

Sponsor wise something like "Blue or Dead" in homage to Mr Hemingway esq.

On the back the name Walker and the number 1.

I thought Wayne was designing them himself

Id go classic, blue and white halves with a red v neck similar to the kit last season, a simple red rose badge and maybe 1875 on the back

No slogans or the like

Wayne needs idea;s and has asked us to propose them to him and he can take it from there

• Backroom

Wayne needs idea;s and has asked us to propose them to him and he can take it from there

Ok mate as I said and was pointed out after me an alternate home kit would go down a treat if Kean out / Venkys out was avoided and maybe something about our tradition instead.

Maybe a rose with a single star as the logo

I would also go with a basic blue and white halved shirt, red V neck with a collar.

A black tudor rose over the heart, encircled with yellow writing "The club is the fans alone".

On the white panel on the back, perhaps a list of honours that the club has won, together with foundation date and founders. Or perhaps instead, just underneath the collar the words "It will be ours once more".

Liverpool protests groups produced an alternative fans shirt when those pricks Hicks and Gillette were there. They settled on black as they wanted it to stand out from the usual sea of red and also to indicate the potential death of the club.

Maybe black and white halves?

Used to love Wayne on The Big Breakfast. He was my favourite after Phil the news reader and Carpet Monster...

When will the T-shirt be out? No Copyright issues with rovertaken logo!

It is a different shape, colour, picture, motto, style of writing and all round finish than any I have come across.

Not sure who put the rovertaken logo on the T-shirts I saw at Wigan game. Ha,ha!

Think it would look good on a blue and white shirt but I am biassed.

www.rovertaken.co.uk

I would want nothing at all to do with venkys or kean or any other of their ilk on the shirt

it should be pure Rovers - no reference to that scum whatsoever.

A classic design that will be a lasting tribute.

You can keep all the catch phrases for the 'cheapo' T shirts - this should have some class, a collectors piece

Surely it has to include something different to what would just effectively just be another Rovers shirt. It has to include something that is easily recognisable as something the fans have purchased in opposition to the current regime, otherwise it would just blend in to insignificance.

The Yellow and Black theme works well. There were plenty of t.shirts, scarves etc around where I am in the Darwen End. Even if it was just a subtle difference (ie Yellow collar and/or badge perhaps) then it would be worth doing IMO.

1jl1n9.jpg

1pib2o.jpg

257n280.jpg

What do you guys think? any suggestions ect? really want to make the best I can.

Like the black and white. But please go back to the 'quarters' not the design of 'halves' that came in last year

• Backroom

Good template although the bottom one looks like a darts players shirt

I see the point about blue and white not standing out but I still think most wont buy into the whole yellow / black thing

Okay well the one I like the most is the one Kendal said was Black And white although its not really black and white its a very very dark shade of blue therefore still blue and white and I shall change it back to quaters thanks for pointing that out did it quickly and didn't realise

I think blue n white is best way to go, and have bigger mass appeal. Don't forget there's a lot who want Venkys out but don't want to associate themselves with the action group.

The top one in blue n white with the yellow n black trim would be my favourite.

Archived