BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Design a T-shirt competition

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Original, no need for slogans,how about the 1875 shirt (second one) take you pick

Under Venkys, Rovers have abandoned their traditional strip with the blue and white halves reversed on the back or, in other words, quarters. So we could make a statement that we reject Venkys FC by returning to the quarters. A bit like the Man U return to the original yellow and green of Newton Heath we could return to the original 1875 strip of navy and white quarters.

As can be seen from the first recorded description of Rovers first strip "the dress decided upon was navy blue and white quartered jersey".

My suggestion for a design would be a navy and white quartered polo shirt with a short slogan where the badge would be such as 'We shall return'.

Please could someone with more computer savvy than me draw one up for me ? Thanks :)

• Backroom

The one on the action group Facebook is the best non halved one so far and has a very smart logo for the group

Personally I think this t shirt shouldn't have the action group or brist on it but the whole point of wayne doing it is for the group at the day

The one on the action group Facebook is the best non halved one so far and has a very smart logo for the group

Personally I think this t shirt shouldn't have the action group or brist on it but the whole point of wayne doing it is for the group at the day

can i have a link to the site please pal?

What do I win? What do I win?

Best supporter who has never visited Ewood but who has designed a nice shirt, award?

Only kidding TM. Seriously, I would fork out some hard earned for one of those.

This is just a rough sketch at the moment.

design-a-shirt.jpg

By way of description;

- The blue and white halves have been swapped over, there are a number of pre-war shirts that were of this style. I think swapping the colours is better than replacing them with new colours (yellow/black) as it retains the instant recognition of the shirt.

- The "Rovers FC" is copied from the old Blackburn End entrance and is, of course, part of the JW memorial.

- The gold diamond is actually a shuttle and is depicted on the town crest. It represents the industry, innovation (James Hargreaves) and the four corners are the four championships we have won.

- The black waves on the arms are also depicted on the town crest (representing Blakewater) as Blackburn means "black river". They can also represent black armbands signifying the death of the club as we know it.

whd152.png

TOPMAN you are indeed a genius Sir! :tu:

I reckon a simple yet affective design like this could certainly shift a few thousand.

It`s classy, simple, stands out, harks back to the lancashire rose of the 70s & 80s, would look great in large numbers......& most of all would send out a MASSIVE message to the sh1te in Pune, that they may own the name BLACKBURN ROVERS FC but they will NEVER own the heart & soul of the club.

....can i just add, i`m genuinely EXCITED by this design! :tu:

Can i ask how a winning design will be chosen? :huh:

Will it be ....

a 'cost' thing?

a fan vote?

a panel of experts voting?

Mr Hemmingway choosing?

.....or something else?

Topman's yellow and black halves is the best by far, hope Wayne picks that design or similar. I will be at Ewood next season, and this would be a reminder to Kean and Venkys that we haven't gone away and they are still not wanted. They can remove banners from us but they can't remove your clothes. (But would try if they thought they would get away with it! FA would say, "We have't done anything as Venkys told us the supporters were just taking in the sunny Lancashire Autumnal weather." :rock:

Archived