SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Design a T-shirt competition

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/ThroughTheYears/0,,10303~78737,00.html

Ninth Paragraph.

May not have been for long but would symbolise the roots of the football club whilst having relevant colours associated with the history of the club....

Or could someone on here be trying to 'butter us up' and make us slightly more accepting of this rumoured green away shirt?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/ThroughTheYears/0,,10303~78737,00.html

Ninth Paragraph.

May not have been for long but would symbolise the roots of the football club whilst having relevant colours associated with the history of the club....

I think that article is poorly-written and it means to say that we took the oLd malvernian's shirt design and changed it by substituting blue for green.

Our original design was in fact all white white a blue Maltese cross *cross? He's bloody furious).

I think that article is poorly-written and it means to say that we took the oLd malvernian's shirt design and changed it by substituting blue for green.

Our original design was in fact all white white a blue Maltese cross *cross? He's bloody furious).

Yeah possibly, although I have read this elsewhere. Either way just thought having something relevant and unique would be a better approach to just choosing random colours because they look good which a lot of the kits posted on here do. The same way the Man Utd fans went with green and gold because it was the traditional colours of Newton Heath (I think)......

id prefer somthing designed by Mr. Hemmingway himself, most of the designs ive seen posted on here range from garish, unoriginal to plain dull, Waynes one of the countryies top designers leave it to the pros i say.

sadpanda.gif

sadpanda.gif

He's a one off. I presume the reason Wayne Hemingway asked for ideas is because we're the ones he thinks will buy the alternative shirt so he's doing a bit of market research. Since your design got a number of thumbs up I would suspect he'll be interested in at least looking at it, whilst he may want to modify aspects because he is a pro designer. Best of both worlds really

• Backroom

He's a one off. I presume the reason Wayne Hemingway asked for ideas is because we're the ones he thinks will buy the alternative shirt so he's doing a bit of market research. Since your design got a number of thumbs up I would suspect he'll be interested in at least looking at it, whilst he may want to modify aspects because he is a pro designer. Best of both worlds really

Well said. Topman: You're basically an inspiration to one of Britain's best designers ;)

sadpanda.gif

If i were you, i`d be looking in to getting some of your design (& my idea ;) ) knocked up yourself. Looks like you shift a few if you did :tu:

Yellow and black doesn't mean Blackburn Rovers, to me.

It's a pap away shirt scheme cooked up by the club and rolled out by our errant owners.

Because it was readily and already available - literally off the shelf - and was already being worn by some protesters, and yellow is a very distinctive colour, it became symbolic with the protest movement. Although the club quite quickly reduced the price of it to take advantage of the popularity.

Before last season yellow and black would have simply been a cheap looking generic training top.

Surely if the whole point of the various fan groups - especially BRFC Action Group - is to "get our Rovers back", surely an iconic blue and white quartered design would be more fitting?

Agree, has to be a classic blue & white shirt, or i quite liked the white polo shirt on the other page. I dont like the fact that yellow is associated with protesting, as i used to love rovers playing in yellow in the late 80's/early 90's.

Yellow & Black stands out in a crowd. I think thats why it was chosen.

A ground full of people in blue & white protest shirts won`t look any different than a normal crowd.

If half the ground wore yellow & black 'protest' colours....it won`t look good on tv for the owners. people will ask "why is a Rovers crowd wearing yellow & black?"

It`s the whole point of the protest....to be seen & stand out! To get the message across.

If Venkys (sitting in their homes in Pune) saw an ever-increasing amount of yellow & black appearing at televised rovers games, it might eventually persuade them to sell the club. They`ll know they are losing the battle.

We can go back to our blue & white, once we get rid of the sh1te ;)

• 3 weeks later...

whitepoloroversredrose.jpg

couple of people suggested it so here it is.

whd152.png

I'm curious also. Both these designs are outstanding. Is it possible to have BRAG or BRIST or BRFCS or any of the other groups put them together as a fundraiser? Otherwise I'm tempted to take them down to my local t-shirt shop and have them printed up.

Good work Topman (where has he been?) and Pick32.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived