BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Support following change of owners

I consider that this summer is critical for the club in more ways than just stating the obvious.

I believe that watching football is very much of habit in addition to love and passion. If the habit of attending is broken the likelihood is it won't return.

Would it be sufficient for the current owners and management to be replaced and if so what levels of support do you think we could generate if that came to fruition?

we would double our ST ticket sales if a new manager came in (5000 ive heard). if we got new owners and a manager maybe we would sell 13-14k. if we made some decent signings on top of that then maybe 17-18k.

but realisticly kean and venkys will still be here next season and it will raise to about 7k

we would double our ST ticket sales if a new manager came in (5000 ive heard). if we got new owners and a manager maybe we would sell 13-14k. if we made some decent signings on top of that then maybe 17-18k.

but realisticly kean and venkys will still be here next season and it will raise to about 7k

I would be inclined to agree with you but was working on the assumption that neither the current owners or the current management team will be around for much longer. Here's hoping!

The issue is the owners, Coco is just a nasty symptom that will not go away.

As soon as those sh!tbags go then I will be back.

Since I'm so far away I don't make much of an impact profit-wise to the club, but even the frequency with which I check the wires is diminishing, and the ambivalence I feel to Rovers-related news these days makes me sad.

I even thought I might be able to follow someone else (cue cries of my not being a true fan etc) but there's just no chance, Rovers are _my_ team. I was planning on a (first) visit to Ewood this past season but I wasn't happy, and am still not.

That said, if new owners were to come in and start something, it doesn't have to be 200m investment, just make strides to reconnect with the fans and install a proper structure with accepted professionals (not over-elevated coaches) then yes, I'd be back and ready to spend, visit and once again be a proud supporter.

I think it's arguable that some wouldn't renew because of relegation. However, I also think that if we got new owners and they sacked Kean, then you may see more than renewed last season, or close to that number for the first season. I can see a wave of good feeling to anyone taking over, both amongst supporters and employees at Rovers, that could carry the club forward quickly.

I think it's arguable that some wouldn't renew because of relegation. However, I also think that if we got new owners and they sacked Kean, then you may see more than renewed last season, or close to that number for the first season. I can see a wave of good feeling to anyone taking over, both amongst supporters and employees at Rovers, that could carry the club forward quickly.

I've got to say Baz, I agree totally with you.

I think if something happens quickly, we will have great support next season. If not I think we would struggle to recover.

Here's hoping something happens sharpish!

Let's face it, a huge group of non-renewers are going to be like crack addicts going cold turkey. They'll be looking for any excuse to get signed up again. Sacking Kean would do it for some of them, but for others it's gone way past one sorry excuse for a manager and a takeover is far more likely than him being potted. They'll be holding out until the foul stench of Venky's has well and truly left the building.

Never known such a feeling of apathy amongst supporters right now,feels like we have had the proverbial shyte kicked out of us and our club these last 18 months.

I feel a change of owners and manager would unite the fans behind the club once more...I do believe we would see many a crowd of 20,000+ at Ewood next year if that happened.If,If,If.....

We wait,we hope,we pray.

Never known such a feeling of apathy amongst supporters right now,feels like we have had the proverbial shyte kicked out of us and our club these last 18 months.

I feel a change of owners and manager would unite the fans behind the club once more...I do believe we would see many a crowd of 20,000+ at Ewood next year if that happened.If,If,If.....

We wait,we hope,we pray.

Apathy, indeed. We all feel like we've been battered on the ropes for 12 rounds but we're just about still standing.

Lets hope and pray that Venkys see sense soon and sell to someone who truly loves the club and is/are one of us as Jack was.

We are down to 18000+ home supporters as it is thanks to Kean and Venkys. We will never get the same crowds in the Champioship-----look at Boro where supporters are supposed to be fanatical.

However, none of this will come close to the meltdown that will occur if the current situation doesn't change.

We won't get the crowds we had last time in the Championship but they wii rise on a sea of goodwill if Venkys go.

I can only guess------crowds of 15-16000, picking up if we look like getting out of it.

We are down to 18000+ home supporters as it is thanks to Kean and Venkys. We will never get the same crowds in the Champioship-----look at Boro where supporters are supposed to be fanatical.

However, none of this will come close to the meltdown that will occur if the current situation doesn't change.

We won't get the crowds we had last time in the Championship but they wii rise on a sea of goodwill if Venkys go.

I can only guess------crowds of 15-16000, picking up if we look like getting out of it.

I guess home support of around 10,000 next season.

This will be boosted by Leeds, Dingles, Blackpool etc.

I think we might be at cross purposes here. Your attendance forecast is on the basis that Kean/Venkys stay?

In which case I agree with your guesstimate.

But the thread is about what level of support we'd get if the scammers left.

Sad really, fans should stick with their club through thick and thin or else they're no better than Man United supporters.

I think what Matty means is that people will get out of the habit of going to Ewood every other weekend. They will find other things to do, probably with families.

The love of Rovers wont stop, they will still read most articles in papers/online/messgaeboards etc. But they will just get out of the habit of going to the games.

I think what Matty means is that people will get out of the habit of going to Ewood every other weekend. They will find other things to do, probably with families.

The love of Rovers wont stop, they will still read most articles in papers/online/messgaeboards etc. But they will just get out of the habit of going to the games.

I agree with the sentiments unequivocally. I am certain that Rovers supporters in general won't change allegiance but will stop attending games.

For 137 years it's been a community based club with a heritage with which we can all identify with and communicate with. It's a focal point for Blackburn.

Let's hope our intrepid owners emerge from a state of confusion and either appoint a Board with the best interests of BRFC at heart with funds to match or have the dignity to sell up.

Venkys sell and Batts, BRSIT et al get on with it.

And we need to all get ready to get really strongly/vocally/physically behind the Club whenever this happens -days,weeks,months.

There is such utter chaos at the moment that it helps 'our' cause and will show any new Ownership and management in an utterly positive light.

At that point we have to hope that the "New Rovers" is born. At that point we have to come down from the hills and support our team back to the Premiership.

And we need to all get ready to get really strongly/vocally/physically behind the Club whenever this happens -days,weeks,months.

There is such utter chaos at the moment that it helps 'our' cause and will show any new Ownership and management in an utterly positive light.

At that point we have to hope that the "New Rovers" is born. At that point we have to come down from the hills and support our team back to the Premiership.

We Are The Rovers!

If twitterings are accurate about Shebby Singh being given a wider remit at Rovers then it sounds as though this may be yet another thread leading nowhere.

I was hoping the 'radio silence' was suggesting Venkys are heading off with tails between legs but perhaps not. Worrying....

Archived