BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The End Game

What's your dream rovers buyout? What do you think is most realistic? What do you think will really happen? Myself personally would love QP to come in and blow Venky's out of the water. Get us back up and invest in the club to make us a top 6 team. A takeover from one of the local consortiums looks to be more realistic, with steady investment. I think the club will go into administration before a takeover happens. Grimness!

Dream buyout: billionaire oil state with a % representation on the Board from some of the BRSIT people.

Realistic: Sale to local business consortium when we're in tatters in Div 1 looking at administration

I'd like to know why the Qataris are dilly-dallying, if apparently (according to our ITKers) they're serious about owning an English club. Some said they were waiting to see if Rovers retained their PL status. Okay, well they've got their answer, so why haven't they moved onto someone else? There was talk of them buying Villa, but again, nothing has transpired. So for all their reported wealth, what's the hold-up?

I'd like to know why the Qataris are dilly-dallying, if apparently (according to our ITKers) they're serious about owning an English club. Some said they were waiting to see if Rovers retained their PL status. Okay, well they've got their answer, so why haven't they moved onto someone else? There was talk of them buying Villa, but again, nothing has transpired. So for all their reported wealth, what's the hold-up?

They might be confused lol

After everything that's happened, selling your club to a rich foreigner is still your dream.

Gonna take a while to wean yourselves off the sugar daddy mentality.

Honestly you have a point (as much as it hurts me to say).

I don't care how rich any owner is as long as the clubs best interests are paramount.

After everything that's happened, selling your club to a rich foreigner is still your dream.

Because I'm sure you'd hate for oil-rich Qataris to take over your fleapit of a club?

And what's the alternative? We'd all love for the club to be owned by local businessmen but it's simply not feasible.

Yeah, the Walker Trust lavished us with riches.

Realistically

Never mind the, are players are not for sale garbage,our best players will be sold eg Samba.

Inferior players brought to the club by the clowns in charge,by,either Coco or this other joker Shabby Singh.

Parachute payments syphoned off to India and Anderson for the next 2 years,added to the sale of players will make a nice little earner for these scumbags.

Then when the squad is stripped bare of any quality,and the money from sky has dried up they will sell up.

So at best and i hope i am way way wide of the mark we have 2 more years of hell before us.

Sorry to be so downbeat but if things stay as they are with the Indians,Anderson,Kean and Agnew there is only pain and misery before us.

We may like sugar daddies but it's better than the burnley mentality of banging your daddy.

Dream scenario.. I sell my latest software for 300m and buy the club myself, would not get us the league but would at least be able to trust the owners lol

But realistically, I just hope Mrs D sorts it out and they decide to offload... Frankly do not care who buys it because at the moment my african grey would do a better job of running our little old club.

We may like sugar daddies but it's better than the burnley mentality of banging your daddy.

Hahaha classic!!

Get whoever's typing to read it for you too. If you're going to have a pop make sure the joke doesn't back fire cletus ;-)

Dream scenario is a local business billionaire wants to buy his local team and give them endless amounts of cash.

Realism says consortium of fans / businessmen who want to turn the club around and build for the future whilst securing the club in the short term.

dream scenario would have been me winning the £120 odd million on euro's t'other night giving a chunck of it to venkys's with a big fck off!!

Dream: Venkys realise that things can only get worse and the only way they can extricate themselves from the mess they have created with any honour is to donate the club to the community to be fully owned and controlled democratically by the fans. Its good enough for Barca ! I might even settle for just 50% + 1 fans ownership like in Germany.

Reality: The Venkys keep their grip on Rovers throat, they sell some players, Steve Kean carries on as head functionary at the Blackburn branch of the operation and a few of his cronies get jobs they are not qualified for.

Anyone who believed the Qataris story must be extremely naive - probably the same people who bought the Venky's dream.

The "endgame" (horrible US expression) off the pitch will hopefully see the club sold to a local consortium of Rovers business men and fans.

The endgame on the pitch will probably see us sink through another division before Venky's and Kean give up and depart.

What's your dream rovers buyout? What do you think is most realistic? What do you think will really happen?

Ideally it would have to be an individual rather than a group of individuals who are the owners/have the last say, sometimes too many cooks spoil the broth. On the wealth issue a lot would depend on the implications of the financial fair play rules.

The owner would set up a proper management structure at the club, a chief exec with a great deal of autonomy to make day-to-day decisions is essential meanwhile the longer term decisions and planning can be made by the owner.

Bringing in a new manager would be the next step after setting up the management structure so that they can get on with the task of carrying out a thorough and proper managerial search.

Once that is in place, the owner and new manager conduct a press conference and interviews especially with local papers to set out their goals for the season ahead and get across to the fans their long-term vision.

What do you think is most realistic?

Out of the options that we know about at this moment in time? I don't think any of them are realistic or feasible. I can't see a fan based takeover working, too many individuals involved and limited resources for it to work. The local based businessman backed takeover? We don't know much about them and I have my doubts they would have the financial backing to run the club long-term.

What do you think will really happen?

Nothing, I expect Venky's to still be here when we are relegated to League One next season.

Reality: The Venkys keep their grip on Rovers throat, they sell some players, Steve Kean carries on as head functionary at the Blackburn branch of the operation and a few of his cronies get jobs they are not qualified for.

...And dont we all know its going to play out that way!

When we go into admin we can change our name back to the original...“The Rovers Football Club, Blackburn.”

Archived