BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Game thread - Fleetwood / Stanley Away - Pre Season

Facebook event - http://www.facebook....469948846350333

Well, it's come around quickly again, like last year we're started the UK pre-seasons with a double header, this time at against Fleetwood and Stanley at Accrington's Crown Ground.

Last year's equivalent saw a rare outing for Myles Anderson and truth be told, he looked ok, all be it in a side that looked rather poor.

Hopefully, with such a large percentage of fans boycotting home game, but promising to redouble their support for away game and the proximity of the game to Blackburn, we'll see a decent crowd.

No real preview for these, but as part of an on-going project for 12/13 we've created a facebook page for people to register their intention to attend (for competitive away games, we aim to resurrect the old practice of supplying drinking/transport/parking/eating info etc too) as well as the match previews.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, both at Stanley (like the Morecambe/Stanley games were both at Morecambe last season).

Which reminds me. Anyone have the contacts at Stanley to find out :-

a. If you can get a pass out between games

b. If there is definitely ale on.

I remember not being able to nip to the pub between games last season caused some issues. It would be doubly as bad if there wasn't beer on in the ground.

it wouldn't be a post from Glenn if there wasn't a typo ;)

Love that he's corrected his post - without using the Edit button! Admin, eh? :D

Glenn, you don't need to drink to watch Rovers... but it helps!

No, both at Stanley (like the Morecambe/Stanley games were both at Morecambe last season).

Which reminds me. Anyone have the contacts at Stanley to find out :-

a. If you can get a pass out between games

b. If there is definitely ale on.

I remember not being able to nip to the pub between games last season caused some issues. It would be doubly as bad if there wasn't beer on in the ground.

Quite a few of us went out with no issues and back in in between games.

Facebook event - http://www.facebook....469948846350333

No real preview for these, but as part of an on-going project for 12/13 we've created a facebook page for people to register their intention to attend (for competitive away games, we aim to resurrect the old practice of supplying drinking/transport/parking/eating info etc too) as well as the match previews.

How would this affect an old fogey who'd be glad to do some match previews but who would sooner have his fingers chopped off than get involved with "social media" sites like Facebook or Twitter?

Is it the intention not to have previews on this Board?

Ditto for me. Could you repeat this information on here as I've no intention of joining facebook?

Oh, I intend to repeat the info on here, but it's all about getting the message out to a wider audience, plus Facebook is very good for both event organising and photo management, so it's about using the right tool for the job (but ultimately I'd never want to detract from the forums)

As for the the previews, we're still looking for a volunteer to organise them. It's a thankless task of constantly chasing people to ensure you have somebody agreeing to do every game and then trying to organise a replacement when somebody fails to deliver.

I should probably add that twice now I've asked for volunteers (in general), twice people have very kindly offered and twice Ste/Me/Wen have been too busy to follow it up. We're really really sorry about that and it's awfully rude of us. It's a chicken and egg situation, we need help because we're too busy to even do simple things like sift through the offers of help!

So, if anyone would like the thankless job of organising the previews, please shout up!

anyone know if banners are allowed in at Accy on Saturday?

I remember seeing the 'Stanley Ultras' banner at Morecambe last year. I would assume this is on display at most if not all of their games, therefore I'd imagine you will be alright carrying one in.

I remember seeing the 'Stanley Ultras' banner at Morecambe last year. I would assume this is on display at most if not all of their games, therefore I'd imagine you will be alright carrying one in.

Stanley used to have loads of really skillfully prepared and intelligent banners, but then the police or health & safety or someone, said that each banner had to have a fire certificate, or something. There is a chance that they won't let banners in without a fire certificate I think. I'm not 100% on this, though.

Stanley used to have loads of really skillfully prepared and intelligent banners, but then the police or health & safety or someone, said that each banner had to have a fire certificate, or something. There is a chance that they won't let banners in without a fire certificate I think. I'm not 100% on this, though.

The fire certificate thing was used at a number of away grounds last season (though they seemed happy for me to take the flag in as long as I didn't get it out of the bag, obviously wadded cotton isn't as flammable as when it's stretched out!). We're working on getting a fire certificate for it.

The fire certificate thing was used at a number of away grounds last season (though they seemed happy for me to take the flag in as long as I didn't get it out of the bag, obviously wadded cotton isn't as flammable as when it's stretched out!). We're working on getting a fire certificate for it.

I probably shouldn't joke too much about this or Blackburn council will spot that we didn't include 'spontaneous combustion' in the risk assessment stuff Dawn had to submit for Sunday!

Archived