BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] McCartney

Didn't think I could despise this plonker anymore than I do but he's gone and proved me wrong.... again.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/25/london-2012-sir-paul-mccartney-david-beckham_n_1700585.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D119303

Sickening how these showbiz luvvies stick together isn't it? Even more amazing how press and media allow them the oxygen of publicity when their careers are over and their faculties failing. After the Godawful and embarrassing displays put on by Cliff, Elton and himself at the Queens Jubilee celebrations I'm amazed he's got the nerve to show such public support for another washed up has-been.

When Beckham was left out the difference in reaction between Joe Bloggs and those in the media bubble was telling.

Normal folk:

'he's washed up', 'he's a sideshow', 'the Olympics shouldn't be about people like him'.

Showbiz media types:

'He's a national hero', 'he deserves it', 'he would have been a figurehead for the country'.

Didn't think I could despise this plonker anymore than I do but he's gone and proved me wrong.... again.

http://www.huffingto...nk2&pLid=119303

Sickening how these showbiz luvvies stick together isn't it? Even more amazing how press and media allow them the oxygen of publicity when their careers are over and their faculties failing. After the Godawful and embarrassing displays put on by Cliff, Elton and himself at the Queens Jubilee celebrations I'm amazed he's got the nerve to show such public support for another washed up has-been.

Do you hate every icon with immense talent? McCartney is one of the most important fertilised sperms this country, and planet will ever have. His opinion, however trivial, will always be news. This is because he's a hero to millions. However, your snipes and jealousy go no further than a small, public messageboard.

• Backroom

Do you hate every icon with immense talent? McCartney is one of the most important fertilised sperms this country, and planet will ever have. His opinion, however trivial, will always be news. This is because he's a hero to millions. However, your snipes and jealousy go no further than a small, public messageboard.

Sorry to be a pedant but doesn't the sperm fertilise the egg?

Imo, Beckham would basically play Giggs role in the GB team. I don't think it'd make much difference who was in the squad (of those two), but I'd have gone for Becks on the basis of ticket sales and 'feel-good' factor. Beckham would be at least as useful as Giggs (and imo, better in a free kick situation).

Sorry to be a pedant but doesn't the sperm fertilise the egg?

Imo, Beckham would basically play Giggs role in the GB team. I don't think it'd make much difference who was in the squad (of those two), but I'd have gone for Becks on the basis of ticket sales and 'feel-good' factor. Beckham would be at least as useful as Giggs (and imo, better in a free kick situation).

Gazza would be better than em both but like Beckham his career at the top level finished some years ago.

Thats odd. John Lennon didn't exactly share your adulation.

I suppose McCartneys OK if you like listening to an impossibly conceited individual's attempts at childish gibberish and infantile humour. Personally I don't.

Hmmm ......one of the greatest singer-songwriters in the world and your contribution to the human race is what exactly ?

I suppose McCartneys OK if you like listening to an impossibly conceited individual's attempts at childish gibberish and infantile humour. Personally I don't.

Or, if like most people, you just like listening to one of the many dozen amazing songs he's written. Personally I don't like listening to righteous, self indulgent ######. But then you post about twenty times a day.

Hmmm ......one of the greatest singer-songwriters in the world and your contribution to the human race is what exactly ?

Significantly more than some typesetter or whatever employed by a red top chip wrapper I'd imagine.

Or, if like most people, you just like listening to one of the many dozen amazing songs he's written. Personally I don't like listening to righteous, self indulgent ######. But then you post about twenty times a day.

Amazing songs? 'Frog chorus' your all time favourite I presume? Anyway whats up? Not worked out how to use the ignore button yet have you?

btw As far as righteous and self indulgent ..... If I was that then maybe I'd have chosen a board name based on a childrens comic book superhero.

Good try .... but you still haven't justified your existance viz a viz Paul McCartney.

I should at this point come out with some ridiculous infantile quip completely devoid of humour and relevence to the topic to a perplexed and increasingly embarrassed interviewer whilst looking poppy eyed and expectant at the nearest camera as if I'd come out with the wittiest one liner ever witnessed in the history of the planet and pausing just a taj too long for applause from some random audience of sycophantic middle aged groupies of unkempt appearence.

But I'm not that big a twatt.

Queen were always a bigger band for me (that's not gonna go down well), but I have to thank the fab four for the first feedback I've heard at the beginning of I feel fine. In defence of Gordon, every time Hey Jude starts I'm reminded the Beatles died in the wrong order.

Terrible picture attached to the article. Does he really look like that today?

There is no denying McCartney's contribution to modern music but for me Lennon was by far the more talented of the two. I remember where I was and how I felt the day he died, that won't be the case for McCartney.

It may just be age but post the Beatles I can't think of a memorable (for me) song by McCartney and he certainly does have the ability to release some truly dire stuff. Mull of Kintyre and similar don't impress me much.

Lennon was the the real gritty rock n roller and I feel sure he was the creative driving force in the relationship.

btw As far as righteous and self indulgent ..... If I was that then maybe I'd have chosen a board name based on a childrens comic book superhero.

This makes absolutely no sense. You post twenty times a day, you feel your opinion to be more important than others, and try your very hardest to be controversial.

Oh, and have been doing this for over ten years.

There is no denying McCartney's contribution to modern music but for me Lennon was by far the more talented of the two. I remember where I was and how I felt the day he died, that won't be the case for McCartney.

It may just be age but post the Beatles I can't think of a memorable (for me) song by McCartney and he certainly does have the ability to release some truly dire stuff. Mull of Kintyre and similar don't impress me much.

Lennon was the the real gritty rock n roller and I feel sure he was the creative driving force in the relationship.

I guess this is one of things where out of a hundred people fifty would say McCartney, and fifty would say Lennon. For me, I don't have a favourite, but I would certainly argue that it was McCartney who was the more genuinely creative.

This makes absolutely no sense. You post twenty times a day, you feel your opinion to be more important than others, and try your very hardest to be controversial.

Oh, and have been doing this for over ten years.

PMSL ... Funniest and most ironic post this board has EVER had !

Fair play I didn't know you had it in you .

Good Lord, has it come to this?

Paul McCartney is "outraged" that Beckham has not been chosen for The GB football team.

Yup, in reality he is "slightly disappointed" that Stuart Pearce didn't include him in the squad . But that wouldn't make the headlines in the tabloids would it?

And Sir Paul's influence and experience of football is just about equivalent to mine of synchronised swimming.

Then we get onto who was the better of the two for song-writing.

Well done everyone.

+1

Regardless of Paul McCartneys talent one way or another in the field of music, whether you like him or not, the relevant question is - how does that make him qualified to comment on the selection of the GB team for the olympics ?

Regardless of Paul McCartneys talent one way or another in the field of music, whether you like him or not, the relevant question is - how does that make him qualified to comment on the selection of the GB team for the olympics ?

I've been pondering this and imo ....... Suddenly Becks is not half the man he used to be. All his troubles seemed so far away. There must be a shadow hanging over him.

:rolleyes:

Archived