BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

But the if the league loses revenue, so what? It means every team loses revenue so player wages will have to drop. The net result will be foreign players who are here for the big bucks go elsewhere - or they accept reduced wages.

Whatever happens the will still be plenty of lads who simply want to play football and those lads will accept less money. But it will be the same for all clubs so we go back to largely local lads playing for their clubs. As fans are able to identify more with the players and the team people you'd expect the interest in football as a sport rather than a business (as well as local pride) to return.

The only downside I can see is the potential for players to be poorer after short playing careers but I'm not sure tere is a middle ground between multimillionaires and blokes who have to work to keep up their income after playing. That part needs a bit more thought.

As far as the Bundesliga model, that's what kicked this debate off. If we go down that road, we need to lose about half of the current 96 league teams and hope that fans of those deceased club will gravitate towards another local club - and not just watch the nearest Champions League team on TV. But would you go to watch Burnley if Rovers, Stanley and Preston went to the wall. I wouldn't, but my grand children might.

All a bit too drastic for me.

If anything I would favour a redistribution of wealth from income received via the game. In itself it would make the game more competitive and more attractive to the majority of supporters. this coupled with some form of financial governance of clubs, should also ensure their stability.

It would also make it less attractive to The Glazers and the like who seek to syphon off what they can to the detriment of the game in general.

As regards watching anyone else, maybe occasionally but there's only ever one club in your blood, it's almost genetic through generations.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of updates......

Registrations for membership can be found here http://www.roverstrust.com/registration-page/

Free entry to win 2 Burnley Game tickets and corporate hospitality http://www.roverstrust.com/2013/02/13/free-burnley-tickets-win-with-rovers-trust/

"Swansea - 20% Fan Ownership - if then can make it work successfully then so can we"

Just out of curiosity, what is the current situation with the action group(ie. are they still active? what is their current stance? are there lead members currently boycotting brfcs?)

Still very active, we post on here still, just been very busy of late. Our current stance is very much what is has been all along A well run football club.

Just out of curiosity, what is the current situation with the action group(ie. are they still active? what is their current stance? are there lead members currently boycotting brfcs?)

Fed up of rubbish from you I'd imagine.

• Backroom

You're obviously nobody's fool but someone will adopt you one day.

Stop trying to provoke people, will you? It's not 'edgy', it just makes you look like an attention-seeker.

Archived