BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Paul, there is a mood swing towards doing something positive.

Somtimes it takes a negative (Millwall) to create a positive (increase in new members).

The next few games in the remaining seven weeks of the season will be a defining moment for our club, I feel.

There are going to be too few positives to take from this season and probably not many to look forward to either.

One unequivocally good thing has been Rovers fans getting organised. The more who join, the stronger we become.

Another way to support the Trust is to buy one of these Retro Replica Rovers Shirts. A small amount from each shirt sold goes towards Rovers Trust.

http://www.fansculture.com/p-44/Rovers-Trust-Blackburn-Rovers-Retro-Shirt.html

There are other designs too, with more to come.

http://www.fansculture.com/blackburn-rovers-c-11.html

Great quality, well made and different!

Can overseas fans like myself get involved in the trust somehow? or is this just to local fans? sorry, i havent really followed much of the trust etc

Absolutely! Like others have said, overseas supporters are an integral part of the whole concept of what a supporters trust is, and reinforces the fact that while the mass concentration of supporters naturally falls within a regional base, the community of supporters is a global one...I myself am a prime example of this :)

Another way to support the Trust is to buy one of these Retro Replica Rovers Shirts. A small amount from each shirt sold goes towards Rovers Trust.

http://www.fansculture.com/p-44/Rovers-Trust-Blackburn-Rovers-Retro-Shirt.html

There are other designs too, with more to come.

http://www.fansculture.com/blackburn-rovers-c-11.html

Great quality, well made and different!

Has the membership pack been sent by sea mail?

It's possible that in the next few weeks and months we could see a landmark club buyout by its supporters. Should the deal in this link go ahead it would be a major milestone as unlike Pompey and Swansea this is not a club in administration but an owner wanting to leave and selling to the fans.

Clearly there are still severe financial problems at the club but hopefully if the club passes to the fans solutions to these problems will be found.

It can be done - fan ownership is not a pipe dream.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21820730

On another note I bumped into several friends on Sunday - you know who you are and I will be checking! - who all asked "How's the Trust doing?" and so we had a good chat. Each said "Oh yes I've been meaning to sign up"

Lets not hang around people, do you want this football club back? If so sign up - today. It's a tenner, that's all

http://www.roverstrust.com/registration-page/

I posted this in the "Where are BRAG thread" as well - but not had a response so far...

I see from the last BRAG minutes that the closing date for the vote as to whether BRAG back the Rovers Trust was 21st February. There is no mention of this on the website - does anybody know if they have made an announcement either way, or are they still wading through the votes from their 8,000+ members?

I don't have access to their 'closed' Facebook page, although I know a few people on here do - has anything been posted on there about it?

Have the Rovers Trust heard anything?

I posted this in the "Where are BRAG thread" as well - but not had a response so far...

I see from the last BRAG minutes that the closing date for the vote as to whether BRAG back the Rovers Trust was 21st February. There is no mention of this on the website - does anybody know if they have made an announcement either way, or are they still wading through the votes from their 8,000+ members?

I don't have access to their 'closed' Facebook page, although I know a few people on here do - has anything been posted on there about it?

Have the Rovers Trust heard anything?

Yes I have heard two things in relation to this. It's my understanding the BRAG membership packs are still being delivered - I base this purely on the fact a friend received one last week - I didn't ask him to check the posting date so it could have been lost in the mail. The packs do contain a ballot paper for members to vote on support or not for the Trust.

I also understand the date for closing the ballot has been extended by a month.

The Trust Steering Group are as shocked by the Appleton decision as every other fan.

We, the supporters, are the only people who can make a long term difference. The only people who care. Please support us, if we are big enough we can do this together.

This is the official Rovers Trust view, this went to all the media about 15 minutes ago. We've just done Talk Sport and have others in the pipeline I believe:

Wayne Wild, co-chairman of Rovers Trust, said: “News of Michael Appleton’s sacking ought to come as a surprise, but sadly it does not.

“This is just the latest in a long line of incomprehensible and ill-thought out decisions that go back to the very start of the Venky’s ownership of Blackburn Rovers.

“It is obvious to any experienced fan or football professional that to keep changing managers – we are now looking for our sixth this season – will only lead to yet more instability and uncertainty. It is also a costly exercise to keep paying off staff.

“The owners have to face up to the fact they are entirely responsible for the situation we find ourselves in with a second successive relegation a distinct possibility.

“Rovers Trust is the officially recognised supporters trust for Blackburn Rovers and we are concerned with the damage being done to the reputation of our club. Who is making these decisions? The Rao family in India, Shebby Singh or the local board of directors at Ewood Park?

“We have repeatedly requested a dialogue with the owners and we will continue to offer to help them in any way we can to exit Ewood Park.

“Rovers fans need to stand up and be counted, join the Rovers Trust and demand change.

“We demand a say in the ownership and the running of our football club now and in the future.”

Go here http://www.roverstrust.com/registration-page/ to join us today - we have to get some control and influence over OUR club and we have to do it now.

Bit sad the Trust are trying to gain positive publicity on the back of criticising the owners on one of the rare occasions that they have made a decent decision.

Also I note Wayne Wild is only talking in terms of the owners exiting the Club. How do the Trust seriously expect the owners to entertain them or even enter into dialogue with them on that basis?

If the Trust positioned themselves as being supportive of and wanting to work with, the owners they might get a more favourable reaction.

Why would the Trust or anybody else for that matter want to work with the lunes in Pune?

Personally I don't think it's appropriate for a Trust to be involved with the running of a top flight football Club therefore I do not pay close attention to what is said on their behalf.

However it's my understanding they want a say or voice in the running of the Club. They can do that in one of two ways, be supportive of and willing to work with the owners, or be critical of and look to ultimately replace the owners.

If they choose route two, they can hardly be surprised if there's a lack of dialogue. Why bother talking to someone who wants you out?

Why would the Trust or anybody else for that matter want to work with the lunes in Pune?

Tbf I didn't say "work with" did I?

The trust have been hedging their bets up to now, my fear is any remote possibility of any kind of 'dialogue' with the rao's, definitely won't happen now. To be honest though it might not be a bad thing, now the trust can say they want Venky's out, and look at different alternatives.

Oh and for the record, I completely agree with Mr Wild, if coming purely from a fans perspective....

This is the official Rovers Trust view, this went to all the media about 15 minutes ago. We've just done Talk Sport and have others in the pipeline I believe:

Wayne Wild, co-chairman of Rovers Trust, said: “News of Michael Appleton’s sacking ought to come as a surprise, but sadly it does not.

“This is just the latest in a long line of incomprehensible and ill-thought out decisions that go back to the very start of the Venky’s ownership of Blackburn Rovers.

“It is obvious to any experienced fan or football professional that to keep changing managers – we are now looking for our sixth this season – will only lead to yet more instability and uncertainty. It is also a costly exercise to keep paying off staff.

“The owners have to face up to the fact they are entirely responsible for the situation we find ourselves in with a second successive relegation a distinct possibility.

“Rovers Trust is the officially recognised supporters trust for Blackburn Rovers and we are concerned with the damage being done to the reputation of our club. Who is making these decisions? The Rao family in India, Shebby Singh or the local board of directors at Ewood Park?

“We have repeatedly requested a dialogue with the owners and we will continue to offer to help them in any way we can to exit Ewood Park.

“Rovers fans need to stand up and be counted, join the Rovers Trust and demand change.

“We demand a say in the ownership and the running of our football club now and in the future.”

Go here http://www.roverstrust.com/registration-page/ to join us today - we have to get some control and influence over OUR club and we have to do it now.

It would have made more sense to me to have kept the powder dry.

Sit back, think, and then make a statement.

I think the comment is ill advised and poorly thought out.

Rev, the more fans who join the Trust the more powerful our voice is.

We don't have to agree with the owners to have a professional relationship with both them and the people runing Blackburn Rovers on a day-to-day basis.

This is about business after all and we have good, highly experienced, well-connected business people running the Trust.

As for saying a supporters trust is not an appropriate business model for a top flight club:

a) We aren't any more

B) Why the heck not?

c) Nope, sorry, can't see Jack Walker Mk II trotting over the horizon

We have to deal with reality and the club will be worth what it is valued at whenever the current owners decide to sell up or an administrator is appointed (and don't tell me you can't forsee this happening). Whoever is interested in taking on the club, we need a supporters trust to be involved, not just to try to prevent another wrong ownership situation, but because supporter involvement of football clubs is the right way to go.

Tbf I didn't say "work with" did I?

The trust have been hedging their bets up to now, my fear is any remote possibility of any kind of 'dialogue' with the rao's, definitely won't happen now. To be honest though it might not be a bad thing, now the trust can say they want Venky's out, and look at different alternatives.

Oh and for the record, I completely agree with Mr Wild, if coming purely from a fans perspective....

We have debated long and hard as to what is and is not the right thing to say at any point in time. We are still trying to communicate with the owners in several ways but, like everyone else, continue to draw a blank. Ultimately there comes a point when a stand has to be made and it looks like we are there now.

It would have made more sense to me to have kept the powder dry.

Sit back, think, and then make a statement.

I think the comment is ill advised and poorly thought out.

We have sat and thought time and time again the problem is when do you speak out and when do you keep your "powder dry." The Trust is working for the fans, not representing before that gets misinterpreted, and eventually I think it was necessary for us to make a statement of this sort. After all what do the majority of supporters want?

Rev, the more fans who join the Trust the more powerful our voice is.

We don't have to agree with the owners to have a professional relationship with both them and the people runing Blackburn Rovers on a day-to-day basis.

This is about business after all and we have good, highly experienced, well-connected business people running the Trust.

As for saying a supporters trust is not an appropriate business model for a top flight club:

a) We aren't any more

B) Why the heck not?

c) Nope, sorry, can't see Jack Walker Mk II trotting over the horizon

We have to deal with reality and the club will be worth what it is valued at whenever the current owners decide to sell up or an administrator is appointed (and don't tell me you can't forsee this happening). Whoever is interested in taking on the club, we need a supporters trust to be involved, not just to try to prevent another wrong ownership situation, but because supporter involvement of football clubs is the right way to go.

i would agree on that point but to retain any credibility The Trust does not want to be seen as an extension of The Action Group or in fact its current mouthpiece.

IMO the latest statement did just that.

Bit sad the Trust are trying to gain positive publicity on the back of criticising the owners on one of the rare occasions that they have made a decent decision.

Also I note Wayne Wild is only talking in terms of the owners exiting the Club. How do the Trust seriously expect the owners to entertain them or even enter into dialogue with them on that basis?

If the Trust positioned themselves as being supportive of and wanting to work with, the owners they might get a more favourable reaction.

Rev, I share your views re Appleton but I, personally, am very unsure this is the right timing. The Trust feel the same, the action is very hard to understand. Within 30 minutes of the news breaking we had Talk Sport, Radio Lancs and BBC TV chasing us. The Trust is expected to have a view, we are not trying to make capital but we are trying, very hard, to promote our existence, our belief fans must have a say in the running of the club and to rally as many to our cause as possible. This is not the time to sit back and wait to see what happens, a position is needed.

i would agree on that point but to retain any credibility The Trust does not want to be seen as an extension of The Action Group or in fact its current mouthpiece.

No sorry just not the case. We are NOT a mouth piece of the Action Group and surely to retain credibility amongst the supporters there comes a time when the Trust has to make its view crystal clear.

We have debated long and hard as to what is and is not the right thing to say at any point in time. We are still trying to communicate with the owners in several ways but, like everyone else, continue to draw a blank. Ultimately there comes a point when a stand has to be made and it looks like we are there now.

We have sat and thought time and time again the problem is when do you speak out and when do you keep your "powder dry." The Trust is working for the fans, not representing before that gets misinterpreted, and eventually I think it was necessary for us to make a statement of this sort. After all what do the majority of supporters want?

I would guess a club!

That's the Trusts purpose and objective is it not?

Just my view and I know it must be difficult but knee jerk statements seldom have a positive impact on objectives.

Rev, I share your views re Appleton but I, personally, am very unsure this is the right timing. The Trust feel the same, the action is very hard to understand. Within 30 minutes of the news breaking we had Talk Sport, Radio Lancs and BBC TV chasing us. The Trust is expected to have a view, we are not trying to make capital but we are trying, very hard, to promote our existence, our belief fans must have a say in the running of the club and to rally as many to our cause as possible. This is not the time to sit back and wait to see what happens, a position is needed.

No sorry just not the case. We are NOT a mouth piece of the Action Group and surely to retain credibility amongst the supporters there comes a time when the Trust has to make its view crystal clear.

I'm not having a pop by the way, just expressing an opinion. Otherwise I wouldn't have signed up!

No, sorry, I can't agree.

As you knowm we are nothing to do with any action group.

Rovers Trust has a clear aim - to take over in whole or part Balckburn Rovers. That means getting rid of the current owners in whole or part either working with them or not.

As far as can be ascertained, the owners don't talk to anyone who has the best interests of Blackburn Rovers at heart and the decisions being made have pretty much exclusively been bad ones for the club.

At what point do you think we can say what we are all feeling? When we are in the 3rd division, in administration?

The time to speak out is now.

We can help the owners get out of this mess and we would be delighted to do so.

If they care at all, I think they can probably guess what we think of this situation.

We want other Rovers fans to know how we feel, not the owners.

Archived