BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know a lot of fans have asked or are still asking who are the individual Steering Group members? How we came to support Rovers? Why are we part of Rovers Trust etc. Each Steering Group member has written a short bio or pen picture. These haven't been done to a formula, we each tell our own story not a life history, just thoughts which came to us when asked to think about Rovers, the Trust and why. There are some wonderful moments buried in these pen pics which we hope will tell you all a little more about us...................

http://www.roverstrust.com/bios/

We know a lot of fans have asked or are still asking who are the individual Steering Group members? How we came to support Rovers? Why are we part of Rovers Trust etc. Each Steering Group member has written a short bio or pen picture. These haven't been done to a formula, we each tell our own story not a life history, just thoughts which came to us when asked to think about Rovers, the Trust and why. There are some wonderful moments buried in these pen pics which we hope will tell you all a little more about us...................

http://www.roverstrust.com/bios/

Great reading.....clearly a group of people with blue & white blood who want the best for our Team and our fans. Thanks, I enjoyed reading the pen pictures.

Now that things are on the up, it would be a great time for the club to announce that they are willing to work with the Trust to set up an arrangement similar to Swansea.

Get the fans on the inside and contributing via the Trust.

Over to you Venkys...!

Stuff the venkys !

If (and I know at this stage, it's still a HUGE "if") they can turn it round then we have to let bygones be bygones for the good of the club. By turning it around, I mean getting us back to the Premier League and stablising us as a mid-table outfit again.

The Geordies have done it Mike Ashley after he initally relegated the club and went through his "cockney mafia" stage, having all sorts of weird setups.

If (and I know at this stage, it's still a HUGE "if") they can turn it round then we have to let bygones be bygones for the good of the club. By turning it around, I mean getting us back to the Premier League and stablising us as a mid-table outfit again.

The Geordies have done it Mike Ashley after he initally relegated the club and went through his "cockney mafia" stage, having all sorts of weird setups.

Too early to even begin entertaining such a thought, Chuck, but I accept your point.

Agreed Le Chuck.

If we could mirror what Ashley's done at Newcastle I would be ecstatic.

He was derided initially, brought it upon himself and made things worse by appearing to be a prick, all too familiar to us.

Ashley though is undeniably an astute businessman and Newcastle have reaped (and will in the future) the rewards for him having the courage in his convictions. His decisions won't always be popular but I think he's got Newcastle on a proper, realistic financial footing and their general transfer policy of not usually signing anyone unless there is a potential future profit can't be bad for business.

Nor can his policy of watching the pennies (time switches on all the lights for example)

If The Raos have been had for the fat lads, have now learned from their mistakes and have now rid us of any cancerous or parasitic growths, then who knows we may have a great future together.

I for one am prepared to give them the benefit of doubt because I don't see a feasible alternative. Utopia for me would also see an involvement at board level of Battersby and Currie and The Trust.

makes me laugh after a few wins fans now want to give them the benefit of the doubt....SHORT FLAMING MEMEORIES.....HOWS BECKHAM AND THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DOING?

If they won't sell up though, we are only hurting ourselves.

All we can do is get on watching the football with one eye on the owners, anticipating some more stupidity. A watching brief, if you like.

If they agree to have the Rovers Trust as part of the ownership set up that will go a long way to clawing back some credibility.

makes me laugh after a few wins fans now want to give them the benefit of the doubt....SHORT FLAMING MEMEORIES.....HOWS BECKHAM AND THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DOING?

My views have never changed Abbey. Don't tarnish me with that brush if it was intended.

The last 2 and a half years have been crap.

Have you never been had, or perhaps been big enough to think that your opinions once might have been wrong?

Think about it!

My views have never changed Abbey. Don't tarnish me with that brush if it was intended.

Have you never been had, or perhaps been big enough to think that your opinions once might have been wrong?

Think about it!

So are you suggesting Venkys may have... changed?

It's a stretch but possible.

My philosophy these days is more: if they stay out of my way, I'll let them.

So are you suggesting Venkys may have... changed?

It's a stretch but possible.

My philosophy these days is more: if they stay out of my way, I'll let them.

Stuart who knows?

Based on recent events one can only assume lessons may have been learned!

Think about it!

just a generlisation fella....a few wins and people want to forgive them and give them the benefit of the doubt. Ive had wrong views on many occasion however this time i aint ..they are scum .

Stuart who knows?

Based on recent events one can only assume lessons may have been learned!

what like rolling up once in a blue moon like flaming hollywood movie stars?

just a generlisation fella....a few wins and people want to forgive them and give them the benefit of the doubt. Ive had wrong views on many occasion however this time i aint ..they are scum .

what like rolling up once in a blue moon like flaming hollywood movie stars?

R4PJA was ludicrous and there are so many other similarities that make our skin's crawl and leave us up in arms. Big mistake on their part.

Unlikely, but what if the Raos somehow weren't complicit to what has gone on? They've chucked millions in, no allegence previously to the club, continue to underwrite trading losses as a consequence of the parasitic activities of those that they trusted and niavely took at face value.

If they had no strength of character or a wish to right wrongs they would surely have chucked the keys back and walked.

They haven't.

I'm no way a Venky fan, they have been diabolical to date but I'm a financial realist. With them or without them? I love the club so I'd have to say with because I fear without we're @#/? and would not have a future.

R4PJA was ludicrous and there are so many other similarities that make our skin's crawl and leave us up in arms. Big mistake on their part.

Unlikely, but what if the Raos somehow weren't complicit to what has gone on? They've chucked millions in, no allegence previously to the club, continue to underwrite trading losses as a consequence of the parasitic activities of those that they trusted and niavely took at face value.

If they had no strength of character or a wish to right wrongs they would surely have chucked the keys back and walked.

They haven't.

I'm no way a Venky fan, they have been diabolical to date but I'm a financial realist. With them or without them? I love the club so I'd have to say with because I fear without we're @#/? and would not have a future.

Or can not at the present time

Which clearly demonstrates the ridiculous levels of greed which now pervade the game. £94? Cup final price, nothing less.

The root cause us Sky money, the stupidity of club owners, the PL executives and player greed.

This must change.

Archived