BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, people are quite happy to say that a managerial candidate/appointment isn't their ideal choice on here.

But if a person involved in the leadership of a supporter group says..... most/some/a few/no supporters are excited/looking forward to/bothered/shocked/disappointed/happy/not happy with a particular candidate/appointee - then the aforementioned group leader is the meanest nastiest baddie in the land and has no right to represent their views via the broadcast/printed/social/internet media.

Please expand and I will try to explain.

I just do not think it is wise for any group to make a judgement on who is appointed. The headline says on sky text, 'rovers fans against Appleton'. Which I consioder very unhelpful.

Bbut highlights the danger of groups making statements. A ball has not been kicked yet. Yet reading statements with headlines of 'fans against appleton' is very unhelpful. Not saying you made the headline. But you are then mentioned in what is written under it - so are linked to it - What if a potential buyer of the club reads that!

First and foremost, if appleton is appointed, lets first give him a chance before making judgements. If anything, in the light of goings on at rovers. he is possible the best suited. he is used to clubs with internal problems, pompey for example. He stopped Blackpools slide after some bad results.

Lets us all give him a chance first and foremost, before making statements against him. We all know how the media can twist things - which is another subject. We all want success on the pitch, so should get behind whoever is given the managers job. Ok if it does not work, then speak out.

Firstly, as co-Chairman of Rovers Trust I consider my position, if asked, to make a genuine comment on an important situation at the club. I have received a telephone call from the Press Association this afternoon apologising for the inaccurate headlines. My main focus was to discuss the decision making process, which inevitably leads to the future status of the club. I did not in anyway dismiss the appointment of Appleton. I was quite clear that our objective was at the ownership and boardroom level decision making process and the continuation to take inexperienced 'gambles'. The appointment is a gamble that we cannot predict the future of. I will always continue to support whoever the manager is, whether I personally agree with an individual or not.

I think we must always remember to take everything written in context and try to read around headlines and consider the full story, not one headline or sentance.

I would like to think that my lifelong support of the club, high level sponsorship and now co-chairmanship of Rovers Trust proves that I have nothing but support for the players, managers and fans alike. By putting my head above the parapet in a position to comment leads to criticism, I am still learning that this is part of the process and I must accept it.

Firstly, as co-Chairman of Rovers Trust I consider my position, if asked, to make a genuine comment on an important situation at the club. I have received a telephone call from the Press Association this afternoon apologising for the inaccurate headlines. My main focus was to discuss the decision making process, which inevitably leads to the future status of the club. I did not in anyway dismiss the appointment of Appleton. I was quite clear that our objective was at the ownership and boardroom level decision making process and the continuation to take inexperienced 'gambles'. The appointment is a gamble that we cannot predict the future of. I will always continue to support whoever the manager is, whether I personally agree with an individual or not.

I think we must always remember to take everything written in context and try to read around headlines and consider the full story, not one headline or sentance.

I would like to think that my lifelong support of the club, high level sponsorship and now co-chairmanship of Rovers Trust proves that I have nothing but support for the players, managers and fans alike. By putting my head above the parapet in a position to comment leads to criticism, I am still learning that this is part of the process and I must accept it.

To be honest Wayne I was highlighting the danger of any group making statements about manager appoinments. Very easy to be misinterpreted. Pleased sky made the apology to you.

Further supporter involvement support from music writer John Robb. John is a Blackpool fan, and in the link he expresses angst at the recent Appleton developments, and ends with this-

Never knew John Robb was a donkey lasher, I'd always assumed he was a Manc. You learn something every day!

The Beautiful Game Embodies Everything That's Bad About Britain

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/13/football-everything-bad-about-britain

Excellent article.

There seems to be something in the air of late. Fans from lots of clubs becoming more disillusioned with the antics of owners, cost of football & greed within the game.

I would be delighted to see the various groups from different clubs get together to put all the grievancies to the authorities.

If FFP was law in 1994 we wouldn't have won The Premiership. More legislation to protect the rich clubs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261817/Arsenal-Manchester-United-financial-fair-play-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html

Hence why an owners wealth is irrelevant. Income and profitability will be key. Ie Financial prudence.

• Backroom
EXCLUSIVE: Martin Samuel reveals Arsenal's big idea to hand the title to Manchester United and cream off the profits in a plot which could destroy English football.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261817/Arsenal-Manchester-United-financial-fair-play-plot-ruin-Premier-League--Martin-Samuel.html

The PL as a competition is static anyway and has been for some time. Man Utd are so powerful now that it requires Sheikhs and Russian billionaires to come in and spend insane amounts of money just to challenge for the title. Even when Jack was around he had to spend a fair bit to break Utd's stranglehold on the competition, and it only lasted a season. The cluster of clubs in mid-table remain there season after season, whilst the same old names battle relegation. You get a few surprises like Swansea and Norwich, but generally speaking the promoted clubs soon find themselves going back down after one or two seasons.

Not much chance of it changing any time soon, either. All FFP will do - strong or not - is maintain a status quo that's existed with very few changes for nearly a decade.

Lost me there. I'm saying that since you have continuously knocked the Trust's chances of success and will never join them why keep on at them? What's the point?

Where have I knocked the trusts chances of success? When they first formed, I considered it impossible because of the funding issue. I questioned how the funds could be raised and still do. But the concept is fine. I have since taken the time to look into it, to ask questions via PM with one or two. Plus searched one or two things out.

Where have I said I will never join them. I became a member awhile ago.

I believe the concept is right - it has worked for Swansea and for clubs in germany. I see no reason why the same cannot work at Rovers. The only question I wonder about is how enough funds can be raised. A question that fans of Swansea must also have raised when they first considered forming a trust. But they found away around it. So I believe the Rovers Trust can do so as well.

What is your reason for not joining? The only issue I have about the trust, is how to raise sufficient funds.

Where have I knocked the trusts chances of success? When they first formed, I considered it impossible because of the funding issue. I questioned how the funds could be raised and still do. But the concept is fine. I have since taken the time to look into it, to ask questions via PM with one or two. Plus searched one or two things out.

I believe the concept is right - it has worked for Swansea and for clubs in germany. I see no reason why the same cannot work at Rovers. The only question I wonder about is how enough funds can be raised. A question that fans of Swansea must also have raised when they first considered forming a trust. But they found away around it. So I believe the Rovers Trust can do so as well.

What is your reason for not joining? The only issue I have about the trust, is how to raise sufficient funds.

Steady on Pafell and 47er.

Gavin might be watching!

If FFP was law in 1994 we wouldn't have won The Premiership. More legislation to protect the rich clubs.

Hence why an owners wealth is irrelevant. Income and profitability will be key. Ie Financial prudence.

I think this article outlines the reasons why I feel the Trust is not a viable option for clubs and that Financial Fair Play will spell the end for clubs like the Rovers. If the dream of not being able to reach the top flight is taken away then what is the point of the game? Football is about passion and dreams. Without Jack's money we would not have enjoyed what we have done over the past twenty years or so. How long will fans be prepared to pay to watch clubs that have no realistic chance of achieving anything. In terms of attendances and commerical revenue the Rovers will struggle to compete in the Championship. Gradually, the fans will drift away, exactly as they did in the late 60s and 70s when it was clear the Rovers didn't have the financial muscle to compete. If the likes of Leeds are attracting 25,000 and the Rovers 10,000 no amount of Financial prudence is going to bridge that gap. I look at what this system has done for Accrington Stanley. They work within a strict budget. They are unable to attact signings other than young lads who are loaned from other clubs for a few months at a time. Results become poor, the fans stay away and their income is continually reduced until eventually relegation from the Football League becomes more likely than not. Financial Fair Play offers nothing for clubs like the Rovers other than the knowledge that they will never play in the top flight again. Just like the 60s and 70s fans will look to watch their football away from Ewood Park at clubs were the dreams of success are still viable.

I don't have a reason for not joining, it's one of those things I intend to get round to in the next couple of weeks, I'll be sure to let you know!

Meanwhile I'm glad to see your conversion, thousand quid each?

I don't have a reason for not joining, it's one of those things I intend to get round to in the next couple of weeks, I'll be sure to let you know!

Meanwhile I'm glad to see your conversion, thousand quid each?

Not every member will be able to pay the £1000

Archived