BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

There are disillusioned fans, many 1000s of them in our case. However recognise there were also 1000's who like it or not and admit it or not, they were only at Ewood to see Premier League Football and Premier League teams, the TOP TEAMS at that. The sucess that is SKY SPORTS and the glorious way it protrays the TOP TEAMS, simply brain washes ( for lack of a better term ), your average jo.

Football to many after years of SKY is PREMIER LEAGUE and nothing else ....

So we aint getting Ewood remotely full any day soon.. When we do get back , the returning fans really will be there to see their Heros ( Rooney et al )....

The Club has a lot of work on to get a loyal fanbase back .......a hell of a lot of work.. As do any 'group' that wish to get involved with the current owners or future.

The organised 'stay away' protests will continue to hurt our club for many years to come........they were more damaginbg than the organisers could ever have imagined

Don't really agree on the protest bit but agree +1000 on the Sky and fans bit. Same for most clubs though. Think we'd have had 15k plus regulars in the Champ without the Venkys fiasco.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't really agree on the protest bit but agree +1000 on the Sky and fans bit. Same for most clubs though. Think we'd have had 15k plus regulars in the Champ without the Venkys fiasco.

Fans have to believe there is at least a glimmer of something good happening with their Club on the field.Its what we all hang on to , just the same as fans of most similar sized Clubs.Problem we have is that we have been continually let down, then insulted /abused by the owners to a point where the only real reaction anyone can have is ''why am i even bothering?''.

Thats why we will continue to lose them in their droves unless Venkys and that Malaysian nob clear off and even then the damage will take for ever to repair assuming it ever can be.

What the hell is their plan for this club knowing what it has now become??

So we aint getting Ewood remotely full any day soon.. When we do get back , the returning fans really will be there to see their Heros ( Rooney et al )....

Wow, you're an optimist!! Or do you mean in a Bobby Charlton capacity?

Interestingly last time we went down weren't our season tickets quite a bit more than they are this season. We still kept our gates pretty high. This season has been a disaster in terms of bums on seats.

It would be interesting to see how many we'd get in if we made it free for a match. I'm not proposing this should happen but still think we wouldn't have a capacity crowd. That's how far we've fallen in the last 2 years.

Average crowds in 2000's was 24,019 (9 seasons in PL and 1 in Championship)

During the Championship seasons of 1999-2000 & 2000-2001 our average gate was 19,997.

We therefore lost 20% attendance due to relegation but it still proves we have an average of 20,000 gate in 2 years Championship.

The notion that its "all about the premiership" doesn't stack up. Bit the longer a club is out of the PL a town team will ultimately suffer.

For full stats see http://ewoodpark.jimdo.com/ewood-park-average-attendances-1888-2011/

The £10's go towards the operational costs of the Trust. The Trust has already made a difference, in somewhat small or minor ways. We are actually putting money INTO the club by holding our Sporting Dinner at Ewood and more recently by sponsoring Leon Best for the season.

We also paid for the Walk The 92 guy (Scott)s hotel room for two nights and promoted his cause through our social media channels. He is raising money for Prostate Cancer research.

And of course the bigger picture, the preparation for when the current owners want or need our assitance !

We also paid for the Walk The 92 guy (Scott)s hotel room for two nights and promoted his cause through our social media channels. He is raising money for Prostate Cancer research.

Just want to point out that the Walk the 92 initiative was paid for by personal funding from individuals who are members of the Rovers Trust steering committee, not from Rovers Trust funds :)

Is there a problem with the trust site??, after paying for a membership I tried to register my details only for Error as they already had my email, tried to retrieve password and nothing happened : (

Also wanted to give a membership as a present but couldn't work out how my details wouldn't be registered if I payed through PayPal

There has been an issue at our ISP over the holiday, see below:

--------

Thank you for your recent email.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time, please be aware there was a PHP issue that has now been resolved. I have checked your site and confirm that it is all now up and running.

Derbyshire if you PM the details you are trying to register I'll make sure this is corrected

Thanks for joining and giving a membership as a gift

Is there a problem with the trust site??, after paying for a membership I tried to register my details only for Error as they already had my email, tried to retrieve password and nothing happened : (

Also wanted to give a membership as a present but couldn't work out how my details wouldn't be registered if I payed through PayPal

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago when I tried to join, it was quickly sorted out by the site admin....but sounds like it is back as a gremlin.

Yes we know this is an issue and discussed it on today's conference call. The IT guys are looking at a way to make this simpler and more obvious.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

We certainly know about the trip James as it was discussed at a conference call before Christmas. Do you want to forward the email to me and I'll get it to the right person. You know my full name so it's paul.********@roverstrust.co.uk - which is just to stop the data miners!

Archived