BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Paul, apologies but totally unrelated - I want to be recognised as awesome too! How many posts to I need to be able to select that badge?

..........err Glenn issues that particular one :blush::blush:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We certainly know about the trip James as it was discussed at a conference call before Christmas. Do you want to forward the email to me and I'll get it to the right person. You know my full name so it's paul.********@roverstrust.co.uk - which is just to stop the data miners!

Thanks Paul - I will forward on.

:) Was being a bit tongue in cheek there, Ricky.

Back on topic though, Jimmy. We did get your email and it was a deciding factor in Simon getting involved as I understand it. Hope very much you guys can meet your funding goal!!

Thanks Dan; hoping the Rovers faithful dig deep ;-)

What a fantastic read by a well respected journalist on the benefits and success of a PREMIERSHIP supporter owned club.

Please consider the income, the spend and ultimately the profits that ARE achievable with a well run and fiscally responsible budget and process.

Well done Sir... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/08/swansea-city-different-route-league-cup

The idea of supporter ownership seems to be gaining a little more popular backing. Micheal Taylors latest Blog ends with support for the idea.

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/brfc-action-group-you-dont-speak-for-me.html

Good blog but I'm still laughing at the first comment "Ridiculas blog. There is that many people accountable I would of been on the Radio a week listing them"

Dear oh dear

What a fantastic read by a well respected journalist on the benefits and success of a PREMIERSHIP supporter owned club.Please consider the income, the spend and ultimately the profits that ARE achievable with a well run and fiscally responsible budget and process.Well done Sir... http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/08/swansea-city-different-route-league-cup
An excellent read. It gives us hope Wayne.

God knows where we will be when the Venkys eventually either reach out or leave.

That article shows it is possible, when fans care & responsible & sensible people are running the club.

Words from the Swansea Chairman regarding the hiring of their current manager.....

"Michael Laudrup is that person, he brings us that credibility. Firstly, though, he had to fit in with the parameters we set. We don't bring somebody in to run the club; we feel we have people doing that pretty well. He is here to coach the first team, to work with us."

Sensible approach by sensible men who run the club, who are, most importantly, Swansea City football lifelong football fans.

In their first Premier League season last year, Swansea made a profit of £14.6m, on the enormous £53m increase in income brought by promotion, from £11.7m in the Championship, to £65m. Even the promotions were achieved without a permanent training ground, a position now being rectified with two complexes being built, one in partnership with Swansea University. The club has also submitted plans to enlarge the Liberty Stadium, eventually to 32,000, to cater to current demand.

We can achieve. The Swansea story is the shining light of what can be achieved. They were on the verge of going out of the football 10 years ago. BRFC is a club with fantastic facilities, history and assets and in the championship with huge parachute payments.

All in all, when compared to Swansea, we have no excuse really have we ?

But Wayne, how can it be achieved where Venkys are concerned - they won't sell - a waiting game, but where will the club be at the end of it?

That I'm afraid I cannot answer. We will continue in the process of working hard to increase our membership.

The legal platforms are all in place so we continue with the process until we are invited for discussions.

But Wayne, how can it be achieved where Venkys are concerned - they won't sell - a waiting game, but where will the club be at the end of it?

Champions League PTBB&W! It's obvious! As they promised. All this is a smoke screen. The mighty Venky's will soon come to their senses and sort the club out. They can bet on it. Sorry, you can bet on it. I doubt they bet at all. I wonder what the odds are on that in India and Malaysia?

Anyway, I have an idea where the club will be at the end of it all. That's why I joined The Trust, as did you I suspect.

I'd love someone to come in from left field and buy it. "Yes, but its not for sale, they've said they're not selling" just doesn't wash. So what? Wouldn't it be a good thing if we had proper owners instead of squabbling "idiots" in charge?

However, why should any buyer at this stage show their hand? What good would that do? Even if someone did come in I've yet to hear a compelling argument against the fans owning 20% of Blackburn Rovers (that's 20% less chance of idiots ruling the roost (pun intended))

The Trust might not work, but at this moment in time I'm not sure there is any alternative but to prepare for the worst - although, of course, hopefully it will never happen. But I'm afraid the last 26 months have done nothing to give me any confidence it won't.

We are trying to get into a position where anyone or any organisation that wants to take over Rovers simply has to have the Trust on board. Most sensible fans can see the only way forward is to have supporter involvement in the club to some degree, as in the German model or as Wayne illustrated more closer to home, the Swansea City example.

I don't expect Venkys to talk to us any time soon, but sooner or later the club will change hands. It may well be at the instruction of the receivers, it may not. Either way, we at the Trust are determined to have a say in the future of the club.

There has to be an alternative to the current system and I believe Rovers Trust provides that.

None of us can accurately predict where we will be in 12 months. BUT the Trust setup means that we can be involved in its success or be there should we fall on difficult times. Despite numerous negative posts or tweets since this process began no one has yet given me any direct and justifiable reason why this cannot happen. A Trust is simply that, there for the long term protection of the clubs history and future. The success story of Swansea proves that. The ongoing saga of Portsmouth also proves that. Our main block is apathy or understanding of the supporters themselves and so we must continue to work hard to spread our message and ensure it is clear, positive and attractive.

Further supporter involvement support from music writer John Robb. John is a Blackpool fan, and in the link he expresses angst at the recent Appleton developments, and ends with this-

"it's time for football clubs to be run by the fans and for the fans. It's time for football clubs to represent the communities they are based in. It's time for football clubs not to be fuedal states run for the big profits of the bosses. It's time for the fans to rise up and take their clubs back- whether it's Blackpool or all the other clubs being run into the ground."

http://louderthanwar.com/an-open-letter-to-karl-oyston-about-the-bizarre-goings-on-at-blackpool-fc/

Clearly fans are getting more and more disaffected, walking away.

They can show their dissatisfaction by doing something positive - joining the supporters trust. Hundreds have already joined. The owners need to talk to us. We can help them turn this mess around and bring the majority of fans with us, plus the business community in Lancashire who have turned their backs on the club.

It should not be necessary, or desirable, for fans to influence the appointment of a manager, but no-one has any confidence these owners will ever make a sensible appointment in the boardroom or in the dugout.

Rovers Trust will soon be entering official Elections for all committee positions and will be overseen by Supporters Direct. Become a member and have your say in the voting process and the future policies of the Trust.

www.roverstrust.com

Clearly fans are getting more and more disaffected, walking away.

They can show their dissatisfaction by doing something positive - joining the supporters trust. Hundreds have already joined. The owners need to talk to us. We can help them turn this mess around and bring the majority of fans with us, plus the business community in Lancashire who have turned their backs on the club.

It should not be necessary, or desirable, for fans to influence the appointment of a manager, but no-one has any confidence these owners will ever make a sensible appointment in the boardroom or in the dugout.

Rovers Trust will soon be entering official Elections for all committee positions and will be overseen by Supporters Direct. Become a member and have your say in the voting process and the future policies of the Trust.

www.roverstrust.com

You as an individual are putting folk off joining the trust. Mainly because of the statements you make on social media sites.

Archived