BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I just think its getting a bit out of hand

I agree with the original point of chasing up the matching IP in fact it was me that initially pointed it out but the back and forth isn't needed and then people that weren't involved getting involved and the like

Lets just unite behind a common goal

I'd remove the squabbling but on my phone and I think having a beer is the preferable option

I fear that despite their best efforts, we will be a League 2 team before the Trust get the chance to be involved in the club's ownership.

Football is going to hell in a handcart while the people charged to protect it watch as the moneymen rape and pillage it.

Whilst Sky and the PL continue to overhype their own product, for their own financial purposes, we have no chance of a Bundesliga 50+1 scenario. (I can't help but feel hypocritical that this didn't bother me pre-Venkys and the inevitable relegation). I do feel sure though that with fans making the big decisions regarding the club: they wouldn't have been allowed to make the mistakes they have, like alienate JW and Co - who I would hope would have been allowed to continue to run the club in the way they had. Moreso, Venkys would probably have never even purchased the club under such an arrangement.

It seems a shame that the Walker Trust - or even Jack himself - didn't look to make such arrangements as part of the terms of sale. The Bundesliga rule was made in 1999 so he would surely have been aware of it. Although to ask any more of Jack is sheer greed on my part.

Saying that, could the fans be trusted to make the right decisions though? Given some of the bickering, back-biting, face-saving and agendas between the candidate groups, I'm not so sure - and the current plan is only for a 20% stake. Just imagine the politics, propaganda and bullshit if a controlling shareholding were at stake!

So to sum up: when Venkys finally drop the club into administration, the Trust will pick up the baton and then have to work closely with the administrator to find a way to save the club as a footballing concern, whilst the Action Group take it upon themselves to police the whole operation because they too have the clubs best interests at heart.

I don't CARE what has gone on before on a personal level between members of the Trust and Action Group. There appear to be knobheads in both camps but if we are ever going to move forward then both sides have to come to some arrangement where the CLUB come first, before personal agenas and vendetas.

If the administrator has to perform the role of King Solomon in addition to the day-job, I just hope these same people don't end up tearing what's left of the club apart.

Two competing phoenix clubs seems a distinct possibility the way things are shaping up!

I just think its getting a bit out of hand

I agree with the original point of chasing up the matching IP in fact it was me that initially pointed it out but the back and forth isn't needed and then people that weren't involved getting involved and the like

Lets just unite behind a common goal

I'd remove the squabbling but on my phone and I think having a beer is the preferable option

My last post on the subject ..

Poor do when a mod pops at me for being a victim and even worse when admin say I'm not worth oxygen . ( he even has me in his sig). Speaks volumes .

Seriously wish to God that this 'divide' amongst fans is closed soon and people will realise it would be much better to bury the hatchet and agree to disagree. Perhaps I'm asking too much but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is getting rather sick of all these unnecessary squabbles online. It doesn't make anyone look good at all.

Archived