BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The actions of the trust Secretary, Simon Barnes on Wednesday, in suggesting live on air that the Fans Forum aren't happy with their relationship with Shebby has resulted in the Fans Forum chairman and vice chairman having to issue both public and private apologies and backtrack on his statement, all in aid of what? so that he could try and convince Mr Singh who he should and should not talk to?

I took it that he was trying to tell him that he's damn awful at his job.

In all honesty I'm surprised any fans, forum or otherwise would issue any apologies to Shebby Singh or his superiors. The only people that deserve an apology are the fans for the appalling way the club has been taken apart since Venky's took over. When Shebby said he had taken offense at what Simon was saying, it made me extremely angry as I take offense at his and his superiors mere presence.

Why do Criptron and Mark have the same IP address?? Odd!!

Me? Is it that 'odd'?, i would not think so really, they aren't unique to an individual after all are they.

Unless of course we/they both signed up from the same one or if this isn't an isolated incident? can you confirm that one please. (if of course you refer to me).

Ricky, it could be any one of the 9000 members of the Action Group. The fact they have the same IP address, apparently, is just a quirk of fate.

That someone actually tried to ask Singh some tough questions is a bad thing? The mind boggles.

I look forward to Mrs Desai's statement safe guarding the future of the club should we not win promotion.

Apologies you didn't slate the trust, you just confirmed the details of the 'other' poster.

Of course i did, because Abbey asked a question because he formed an obvious link between the two incidents, and because it was even more clearer to me, I confirmed it. As i was present at both the 'incident' at Bristol and was in the studio at Radio Lancs the other night, the 'link' Abbey had questioned was obvious to me.

If i wanted to post about something that happened at the Q&A at Radio Lancashire, i would do it under my own name, as i have done many times before, i'm hardly going to hide behind an alias am i? therefore I am not quite sure i'm clear on what the point you're trying to make is here tbh?

So are you trying to tell me that the two of you weren't together when posting or posting from the same machine.

I can comfortably state that nobody has posted from the same machine as i have today, i have accessed the site from various places, both private and public networks however it's always been done via my laptop or phone and nobody else accesses it through them, could i have been using the same connection as that poster? that's possible yeah of course it is, however what relevance does this have to the post itself, a post which i became aware of moments before i answered Abbeys question btw, so again i am not sure what it is your accusing here?

You begin by attempting to suggest it's some form of two pronged attack on the Trust, before acknowledging that I never "slated" anyone as you originally accused me of and now it appears you are questioning the validity of someones personal opinion, are you?

Surely an individual should be allowed to post his thoughts openly, without a moderator making it public knowledge he is in the vicinity of another poster anyway even if he was doing so knowingly or unknowingly? Do you publicly raise peoples connections similarities (particular when they are a one-off as a i believe we have already established this one is) and ask people to publicly explain themselves on a regular basis on here? if so, i think that is bit crass of the site to be honest

We regularly raise the issue of duplicate IP addresses. Just ask Tombo, Westsussexrover, WSR or whatever else he calls himself.

Personally i just thought it was a bit odd that the only person to ever post off that IP address before was you!! But hey, maybe I've been watching too much x files.

I can comfortably state that nobody has posted from the same machine as i have today, i have accessed the site from various places, both private and public networks however it's always been done via my laptop or phone and nobody else accesses it through them, could i have been using the same connection as that poster? that's possible yeah of course it is, however what relevance does this have to the post itself, a post which i became aware of moments before i answered Abbeys question btw, so again i am not sure what it is your accusing here?

You begin by attempting to suggest it's some form of two pronged attack on the Trust, before acknowledging that I never "slated" anyone as you originally accused me of and now it appears you are questioning the validity of someones personal opinion, are you?

Surely an individual should be allowed to post his thoughts openly, without a moderator making it public knowledge he is in the vicinity of another poster anyway even if he was doing so knowingly or unknowingly? Do you publicly raise peoples connections similarities (particular when they are a one-off as a i believe we have already established this one is) and ask people to publicly explain themselves on a regular basis on here? if so, i think that is bit crass of the site to be honest

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

If its the guy I saw at Bristol I can confirm that he seemed to have completely lost the plot and was having a go at someone (from what's been said I'm guessing it was glen). I was at the front of the stand with a poorly wife and a friend with a young son and I clearly remember trying to convince them that my previous away games hadn't been like this.

I have no idea what had gone on before as I was a good few rows away.

Why is it crass? If someone is using the same ip, most of the time its either the same person or coming from the same house/connection. If they didnt check these things it'd be a free for all with all the wind up merchants on here.

I've seen instances of people creating 3 or 4 accounts just to wind people up and attempt to create arguments. There's enough of that on here already thanks ;)

Surely an individual should be allowed to post his thoughts openly, without a moderator making it public knowledge he is in the vicinity of another poster anyway even if he was doing so knowingly or unknowingly Do you publicly raise peoples connections similarities (particular when they are a one-off as a i believe we have already established this one is) and ask people to publicly explain themselves on a regular basis on here? if so, i think that is bit crass of the site to be honest

Oh dear. You seem just as foolish as your friends mullan & singh.....

Why is it crass? If someone is using the same ip, most of the time its either the same person or coming from the same house/connection. If they didnt check these things it'd be a free for all with all the wind up merchants on here.

I've seen instances of people creating 3 or 4 accounts just to wind people up and attempt to create arguments. There's enough of that on here already thanks ;)

Just read all this and quite frankly its all a bit boring, I have asked who posted it and it was indeed someone other than Mark.

Bottom line is I totally agree with the post, the fans forum should not have been used as a political tool on a live radio broadcast, especially when they are working very hard in the background to address concerns, whilst also engaging with all groups in the process.

It was a cheap shot and a complete lack of professionlism.

I personally would never back a supporters trust with this guy on it, as I do not take kindly to threats,Violent behaviour and abuse aimed at me, my wife , my friends or indeed other supporters who choose to be a member of the group.

Plus I aint having an ex palace fan having the cheek to tell supporters they are not real fans, real fans as he calls them , do not change their colours!!!

Oh dear. You seem just as foolish as your friends mullan & singh.....

See you have not got over your Man crush yet, I'm still yet to read a post where you discuss the football team, you seem more concerned about other supporters.

Sorry bud .,your out of luck , Im married :xmas:

So do you have a problem with the trust or a problem with this individual?

Oh and Mark, you've been rumbled mate, be a man and hold your hands up.

I get on very well with the majority of the people from the trust,, and indeed pledged £5000 into it 7 months ago.

I think Oz, Wayne, Dawn, Mark A, and Daniel are great for the trust, there are others but their steering committee is large so cannot think of the other names of the top of my head.

Where it fits in now, i'm unsure, but I have not totally dismissed it as a person.

However the person in question, yes I 100% have a problem with, as would 99.9% of people if they had put up with what I have off this individual. I can handle abuse on-line it comes with the territory, however when that abuse then turns violent when I have my wife and child present , then I must draw the line.

Anyone who can sing songs referring to people dieing , IMO are just sick and there is no place in society for that.

I have made my concerns known to the trust, and although they say it shouldnt be about the people, it should be about the concept, I cannot turn a blind eye to what I have endured from this individual

We regularly raise the issue of duplicate IP addresses. Just ask Tombo, Westsussexrover, WSR or whatever else he calls himself.

Personally i just thought it was a bit odd that the only person to ever post off that IP address before was you!! But hey, maybe I've been watching too much x files.

That's fine, he was the same person, however if i have an opinion i will express it under my own name, I don't need to create another account.

Why is it crass? yes i agree that they need to check these things, however in the instance where there is a unique one off situation, then there are better ways to 'check it' than to make accusations and assumptions publicly involving other people.

I don't need to create 3 or 4 accounts, I can't find the person who said "i'd been rumbled" but the same response will apply to him and that is that i have always been willing to share my opinion from my own username, and my identity is public knowledge, why would i hide behind a new account?

I responded to Simons comments live on the radio and decided to refrain from posting about them on here, however this is an individual who has walked in the Brown Cow, shouting and balling at me and claiming i should have asked his, and our acquaintances opinion before joining the Action Group (as i did know him beforehand), he has been ejected from an away game for Verbally abusing not just myself and Glen, but collectively other members present, which included female, children and disabled members (and i believe it is who Ricky referred to, as he was shouting across the stand for the whole first half like a madman, before walking across to the stand to approach us at half time) and he has also bombarded people with the "i'm a better supporter than you" rubbish for the last 12 months.

My personal opinion of him has been made clear in the past and always from my own name, he completely embarrassed the Fans Forum for his own gain on Wednesday evening which resulted in both the Fans Forum chair and vice-chair having to explain that his comments were inaccurate, and i know that people's pledges to the trust are now void because of his appointment, some have written into the trust officially withdrawing and have cited this reason and plenty more will just not make their 'pledge' real when the time eventually comes because of this (including me).

If i have an opinion on an individual who has threatened and abused me, then i will gladly share it under my own name, if i want to post controversially i will post it under my own name, christ i have done it plenty of times, however if somebody is stood in the vicinity of me, or in the same room as me either intentionally or not, then he should not be made to explain himself or his actions on a public message board. A more apt way for Ricky to deal with this would of been to privately clear this up, where as in fact he has now blown it up publicly and invited people who are unaware of the facts to form their own opinion.

I know for a fact this was all innocent, however due to the way Ricky has dealt with it, a non issue has now become an issue.

Had postings from the same i.p address been regular then maybe i could understand this method, but one post being blown out of proportion publicly is "crass", and i'd question if those involved had the biggest impact in the method he chose.

Archived