BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the people involved in the nonsense all the last page that I've just removed. At the moment our time is short and it takes far less time to stop people posting than it does to tidy up petty squabbles after them. It was adding nothing to the discussion and was completely unrelated to the subject. That kind of thing may be tolerated on the Rovers Supporters Facebook Group, but it won't be here.

For the people involved in the nonsense all the last page that I've just removed. At the moment our time is short and it takes far less time to stop people posting than it does to tidy up petty squabbles after them. It was adding nothing to the discussion and was completely unrelated to the subject. That kind of thing may be tolerated on the Rovers Supporters Facebook Group, but it won't be here.

Yeah well done. Sorry for my part in it. Won't happen again.

A letter to Mr. Grabko landed on Farley's solicitors doorstep! We've re-routed it to the appropriate address.

Ack! Just saw this - was it from HMRC? Was waiting on our VAT registration, but have now thankfully sorted that after receiving their letter to my home address. If this was the letter, thank you very much for your help.

• Backroom

Ack! Just saw this - was it from HMRC? Was waiting on our VAT registration, but have now thankfully sorted that after receiving their letter to my home address. If this was the letter, thank you very much for your help.

Twas indeed good Sir! I'd be a shoddy postman if I didn't re-route it haha. Happened twice now, so not sure what's going on. Is your address posted wrongly or are you a client of Farleys?

Twas indeed good Sir! I'd be a shoddy postman if I didn't re-route it haha. Happened twice now, so not sure what's going on. Is your address posted wrongly or are you a client of Farleys?

Indeed. Rovers Trust is represented by Farleys and we have our registered address at their offices. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

• Backroom

Indeed. Rovers Trust is represented by Farleys and we have our registered address at their offices. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated!

That explains it. Your mail is in the safe hands of 4 rovers fans :)

Rovers Trust is working with the club whenever it can and we have a good relationship with key people at Rovers.

And we have two sets of (pro bono) legal advisors, Farley's locally and Gatelely LLP nationally.

The investment side of the Trust (which would be responsible for receiving any shareholding in BRFC) is advised by Gateley, so no, no conflict of interest.

In any case, we are currently making a real and genuine attempt at establishing a better dialogue with the owners with a couple of, hopefully, attractive offers to them.

More will be revealed should the initiative lead to something.....

Rovers Trust is working with the club whenever it can and we have a good relationship with key people at Rovers.

And we have two sets of (pro bono) legal advisors, Farley's locally and Gatelely LLP nationally.

The investment side of the Trust (which would be responsible for receiving any shareholding in BRFC) is advised by Gateley, so no, no conflict of interest.

In any case, we are currently making a real and genuine attempt at establishing a better dialogue with the owners with a couple of, hopefully, attractive offers to them.

More will be revealed should the initiative lead to something.....

intriguing :) ,

would be great if we could all at least just get along....

Yes of course. To become a member go to the web site and sign up to become a member.

www.roverstrust.co.uk

Obviously we hope people will pledge funds to help purchase the club but there is absolutely no obligation to do this. All members who sign up have an equal say in how the club is run.

I don't believe that supporters trusts are designed to buy clubs outright.

Part ownership - a la Swansea - may be successful, and rewarding but full ownership - a la Portsmouth - may be doomed to failure and soul-destroying.

I'm now forgetting any aspirations for a Swansea type tie up and will be closely watching Pompey's fate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21715770

Even they can't avoid the Venkys comparisons: ""We will not be counting any chickens just yet particularly as there's due process to go through."

Supporters trusts are designed to increase the voice of fans in sporting clubs. That can be anything from direct involvement with the club's Board without any financial involvement, through part ownership to full ownership. There are examples right across the spectrum. It all depends on the circumstances at any given club.

What is absolutely clear to me is that fans need to put their effort where their voices are. If you believe you want to help get the club into a better position then join us in the the trust at www.roverstrust.co.uk. You don't have to commit a large sum of money - membership is just £10 and you will have a vote in the running of the trust, exactly the same as anyone who makes a pledge for a bigger sum.

Elections for the trust's Board are about to commence and joining the trust now will allow you to take part in the elections and even stand if you wish.

Can overseas fans like myself get involved in the trust somehow? or is this just to local fans? sorry, i havent really followed much of the trust etc

Yes, you can by becoming a member (as Paul has said). If you want to do more, get in touch.

We need as many fans as possible to join and fans based overseas have always been a major target.

Will it be an electronic voting system?

Electronic voting will be one of the options, along with postal or turning up in person at an EGM in the first week of June. I will be posting a link to the press release about the election process as soon as it's put on the Trust website later today.

haven't venkys/rovers being using Farleys lately, 'conflict of interests'?(or have I been watching way to much 'Damages')

Definitely not.

That explains it. Your mail is in the safe hands of 4 rovers fans :)

Home to the son of an ex rover and PFA chairman, can always trust Farleys.

Perhaps Stuart but interest is growing by the day - 13 people joined the Trust this afternoon

Right Paul. I've finally put my money where my mouth is and become a member. How soon can I expect a password?

Cheers.

I'm not sure to be honest Stuart as I don't deal with that side of things. Stuart Grimshaw is running the current membership campaign and he will be busy because its been very successful!!

If the password doesn't arrive let me know but I'm sure it will be pretty quick

Really pleased to read Stuart has joined the Trust and I feel his brief remark about finally getting round to joining is true for many. It's surprising how many make a similar remark.

We are in a very important stage of the Trust's development, I would urge those who "keep meaning to do it" to do so NOW!!

Numbers continue to grow but we can't be complacent and need as many people on board as possible. Great day for new membership yesterday with 13 joining!

The first committee elections are coming up soon. Any member is eligible to stand for committee and obviously every member votes.

Archived