BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ashamed

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1993: Abu Qatada claims asylum when he arrives in Britain on a forged passport.

1994: Allowed to stay in Britain.

1995: Issues a "fatwa" justifying the killing of converts from Islam, their wives and children in Algeria.

1998: Applies for indefinite leave to remain in Britain.

1999: April - Convicted in his absence on terror charges in Jordan and sentenced to life imprisonment.

October - Speaks in London advocating the killing of Jews and praising attacks on Americans.

2001: February - Arrested by anti-terror police over

2001: February - Arrested by anti-terror police over involvement in a plot to bomb Strasbourg Christmas market. Officers find him with £170,000 in cash, including £805 in an envelope marked "For the mujahedin in Chechnya".

December - Becomes one of Britain's most wanted men after going on the run from his home in west London.

2002: Arrested by police in a council house in south London and detained in Belmarsh high-security jail.

2005: Freed on conditional bail and placed on a control order but arrested again in August under immigration rules as the Government seeks to deport him to Jordan.

2008: April: Court of Appeal rules deportation would breach is human rights because evidence used against him in Jordan might have been obtained through torture.

May - Granted bail by the immigration tribunal but told he must stay inside for 22 hours a day.

June - Released from Long Lartin jail in Worcestershire and moves into a four-bedroom house in west London.

November - He is rearrested after the Home Office tells an immigration hearing of fears he plans to abscond.

December - Qatada's bail is revoked by the Special Immigration Appeals Commission (Siac) after hearing secret evidence that the risk of him absconding has increased.

2009: Five Law Lords unanimously back the Government's policy of removing terror suspects from Britain on the basis of assurances from foreign governments and it is ruled he can be deported to Jordan to face a retrial on the terror charges.

He is awarded 2,800 euro (£2,500) compensation by the European Court of Human Rights after the judges rule that his detention without trial in the UK under anti-terrorism powers breached his human rights.

2012: January - European judges rule he can be sent to Jordan with diplomatic assurances but not while "there remains a real risk that evidence obtained by torture will be used against him".

February - He is released on strict bail conditions.

March - Qatada's legal team loses its bid to have the case heard by the Europe's human rights judges, clearing the way for deportation proceedings to continue.

May and August - Siac rejects Qatada's applications for bail.

October - Siac holds appeal hearing.

November - His appeal is granted and he is granted bail.

A FLAP FFS

• Backroom

The sad thing being the majority of Muslims want him deported as well. I don't want us to break away from Europe because it would be an economical disaster, however the European courts simply have too much power right now. If our Government doesn't want him in our country we should have the right to kick him out, simple as that.

Stick him on a plane and then ask the European Court what they are going to do about it. If they fine us don't pay it. That's what France would do. They have refused to pay fines before without any comeback.

a flap ffs?

Because you're taking the bait.

Fear is what controls the masses. Mass hysteria over our Arab friends and the 'war on terror' is the perfect divide n' conquer tactic for the government and it's remarkable that the rent-a-mob keep falling for it.

I don't agree with the message that Qatada allegedly preaches, but looking at this objectively it's disgraceful that a human being can be detained for nine years without trial. He's committed no crime in this country and there's no proof that he is a terrorist (except for a confession extracted under torture). Abu Qatada, Abu Hamza... They're both puppets of the same master. I sure as hell won't be frothing over my Daily Mail about it.

Don't play the game.

• Backroom

Because you're taking the bait.

Fear is what controls the masses. Mass hysteria over our Arab friends and the 'war on terror' is the perfect divide n' conquer tactic for the government and it's remarkable that the rent-a-mob keep falling for it.

I don't agree with the message that Qatada allegedly preaches, but looking at this objectively it's disgraceful that a human being can be detained for nine years without trial. He's committed no crime in this country and there's no proof that he is a terrorist (except for a confession extracted under torture). Abu Qatada, Abu Hamza... They're both puppets of the same master. I sure as hell won't be frothing over my Daily Mail about it.

Don't play the game.

Inciting a riot is illegal, isn't it? And he's done that MANY times over with his various public speeches. Also I've been led to believe that while not ACTUALLY a terrorist, he's an advisor isn't he?

Inciting a riot is illegal, isn't it? And he's done that MANY times over with his various public speeches. Also I've been led to believe that while not ACTUALLY a terrorist, he's an advisor isn't he?

If there was any evidence of that then he should have been tried and convicted (if found guilty), no?

This has not happened.

do gooders have done for this country. no one has the keans to serve their country and face the harsh reality of conflict instead, like some our brethren on here, they sit behind a desk with idiotic and inarguable views like the cowards they are.

can the do gooders explain how and why he should remain our shores when he illegally entered the country ?

a bullet is a waste of 27 pence

kick him out or keep him incarcerated in a mosque where his followers and not us tax payers can foot his bills.

or keep him incarcerated in a mosque where his followers and not us tax payers can foot his bills.

Unfortunately our taxes go a long way to funding the inumerable mosques etc that are springing up all over the place.

And what separates you from the terrorists then ?

Right and wrong. I'm quite suprised you needed to ask that tyrone.

• Backroom

Isn't the point that you can't keep someone incarcerated without reason after a certain amount of time?

I think it's just an excellent law that has an incredibly irritating exception. We can't imprison someone just because we don't like them tbf. Or else Ken Estavo would never see the light of day again!

W/ apologies for my earlier misinformed post. It pays to know what you're on about before posting haha.

That's what people can't accept about Qatada - he's innocent. He's an Orwellian 'thought criminal' who has somehow been detained for nine years due to the draconian 'Terrorism Acts' imposed by the British government after 9/11. That doesn't qualify me as a "do-gooder". Simply someone who wants basic rights and due process applied to our justice system. If you want to direct your vitriol at anyone, direct it at Jordan for still living in the dark ages.

Still, I bet the government are loving this diversion from Savillegate.

tm

he has been convicted for a terrorist crime albeit overseas. If he was innocent then why hasnt he gone back to face trial and speak out > Instead he has cadged his way through life from us British citizens and tax payers and now is going to cost even more to "police" him. If he had any decency he would go back to the origin of his birth and remain there.

Toppers , hand on heart and be honest.. Is he a good honest hard working British Citezan and would you have him round your gaffe for a cuppa and a chin wag ? Would you trust him if he wanted to say use your computer and have his and bin ladens pals round?

That doesn't even enter into it, Abbs. I've already made it clear that I don't care for Qatada or his beliefs. Does that mean everyone I disagree with should be arrested and detained indefinitely? Like I said, if Qatada is the terrorist threat the government would have us believe, then he should've stood trial for it. Instead, intelligence hasn't been able to uncover any concrete evidence to make a charge against him. Handing him over to Jordan so he can be tortured into "confession", or convicted for his previous one, would betray the ideals of freedom and justice that the West claims to embody.

Human rights should be an absolute for everyone in this country, regardless of race, colour or creed. Sometime it's a bitter pill to swallow, I admit that, but you either do it that way or you don't do it at all. And the latter would make us no better than a fascist state.

You need to get your head around the fact that Qatada is a media tool used to whip the common folk into a frenzy and promote civil unrest. He isn't a threat to our national security (reiterate, if he was they would've made a case for it by now), we've just been brainwashed into believing so. His stay here won't affect my day to day life, so I really don't give a rat's ass. Don't see why people want to waste their energy getting worked up over it. It's just playing into the government's hands.

Human rights doesn't require us to behave stupidly or play a game of hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil.

Qatada fled Jordan, a nominal ally, and was convicted of being a terrorist. Ergo, he's a convicted terrorist.

Qatada entered the country illegally and on forged papers. Ergo, he's a criminal.

Qatada has issued religious proclamations calling for the murder of innocent men, women and children who convert from Islam to other religions. Ergo, he's a propagandist for terrorists.

Qatada was found with hundreds of thousands of dollars, earmarked for Chechean terrorists. Ergo, he's a financier of terrorists.

Qatada has attempted to incite riots. Ergo, he's breached or attempted to breach the public peace.

I don't know much about the man, but what little I do know tells me that he's not merely an unpleasant individual but he's a criminal and a supporter of terror. In a sane society, the only question we should be discussing is whether he should be deported to Jordan or, alternatively, fitted for a hangman's noose.

Archived