BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beer at Ewood

Does this mean the Riverside wainwright real ale bar is now no more?

I'm afraid so.....it went with the relegation. Three or four of us used to arrive early to partake in a couple of jars. Needless to say the pub is a better option now.

Fosters is proper lame...

Would like to see Heineken on draught, can be a decent pint that...

Im not really an ale or bitter drinker but can appreciate the nicer ones!

I heard Brightons away end put on a guest ale from the area of the country the visiting team were from?

Not sure how true that is, nice touch if it is...

That is correct about Brighton. There was also talk about doing the away team clubs pies.

Sorry to see Thwaites go as another local community link lost.

Not heard of many football clubs, if any, making money for supplying brewer.

No doubt Thwaites wouldn't want to lose Rovers and they would have sharpened their pencil considerably for Rovers and I suspect that commercially, there wasn't a significant difference in the two deals especially as Rovers' 'beer market' pretty small in comparison to the PL clubs.

As Budweiser sponsor FA Cup, surely if club was going to change, they would have supported the English FA's supplier.

Logic out the window with that lot !

Sorry to see Thwaites go as another local community link lost.

Not heard of many football clubs, if any, making money for supplying brewer.

No doubt Thwaites wouldn't want to lose Rovers and they would have sharpened their pencil considerably for Rovers and I suspect that commercially, there wasn't a significant difference in the two deals especially as Rovers' 'beer market' pretty small in comparison to the PL clubs.

As Budweiser sponsor FA Cup, surely if club was going to change, they would have supported the English FA's supplier.

Logic out the window with that lot !

Thwaites make a fortune from their Preston Grasshoppers RUFC contract.

Well I wont be buying anything ,not even a bovril.My money stays in my pocket not the scumkys.

Yes, and me.

Guest Norbert

Shame to hear that Thwaites has been ditched. Whilst it may be a slow seller when compared to mass produced, headache inducing lager, or that dire smooth flow cack, but it was a nice touch.

For what it's worth, when I drink alcoholic beer, I go for white beer like Hoegaarden, Polish lager (it is much nicer than your Fosters etc.) or proper ale.

Oh, and that thing Brighton do is also a good idea.

no difference at all really going forward.

Thwaites used Fosters (Heineken brand) anyway as they don't have their own lager, so no change,

just thwaites smooth replaced by john smiths smooth, both are smooth flow keg ales that will be hated by real ale drinkers.

They were never going to put Heineken on draft as its far too strong for football grounds, although i believe that and Amstel are on in Jacks kitchen and the JW lounges.

It's dodgy for me as I preferred Thwaites smooth the John Smith's by a mile. Nm, I'll just get a coke in future. Not drinking aussie @#/?.

If I described John smiths smooth as yuk or cr@p, It would be a polite description. Said to hear thwaites have gone. Not really a thwaites 'fan', but they have improved their beers drasticly the past few years. Far far better than john Smiths. Years ago, it was ok. For some reason they changed things and made it crap.

Speculation at the match that Rovers and Thwaites have had quite a fallout !
The venkys wanted thwaites reps to meet them in Pune to discuss new contract, thwaites wanted to do business directly with Rovers.

this was back in July last year all I can assume is that they couldn't iron difference of opinion & that led to contract terminating.

Archived