BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Says: Owners Showed Arrogance and Insensitivity

Speaking to the Rovers Trust earlier today Simon Garner expressed his dismay at Venkys attitude towards the club and the supporters. In a hard hitting interview he accuses the club owners of arrogance and insensitivity by arriving at Ewood Park in a cavalcade of expensive cars only to leave the ground a full 25 minutes before the game ended.

For the full interview please go to http://www.roverstrust.com/2013/01/21/club-legend-condemns-owners-arrogance-insensitivity/

Why does the Rovers Trust have its own account?

So that it can be clear it is a Rovers Trust statement and not a personal opinion. A number of Trust people can use the account to post news.

This leaves us free as individuals to express personal opinions without confusion as to what is an official Trust view and what is a personal view, which has caused confusion in the past for some.

We have had a few false promises of past player support who didn't follow them through. Some have been honest up front enough to say they didn't want it to jeopardise any future positions / work at BRFC. Some say the support privately but won't publicly. Most don't really care that much tbh.

PB it is blatantly obvious why CH cannot do the same as he paid by the club. He, like most people on here have a need to earn a living.

Obviously very true and I think it would be a daydream to expect employees to become whistleblowers.

What I do find surprising is in football, as a whole, there seem to be very, very few individuals prepared to speak out on many subjects. I realise people will want to protect careers etc. but there must be thousands with knowledge of the seamier side of football who don't have to worry in this way.

There will be no whistleblowers but at the start of all this 'I assumed' that ex players / managers would be falling over themselves to speak out for the fans who made them heroes. That has been one of the real lows for me. You then realise how much this business revolves around players / managers / agents / staff / owners whose only REAL interests is for the financial rewards / glory.

It's eye opening but saddening at the same time. We can only applaud therefore the help that Glenn and Simon give.

The owners disgraceful performance, which in my mind was to say 'we have money and you scum are @#/?' was beyond belief, they should get back to their third world country, tend to their chickens and elephants and never return to the UK!!

We are worth a million times more than them, class is permanent and we have it, they havent!!

Guest Norbert

No-one speaks out about Venky's, the problems with Portsmouth, Darlington and so on because 95% of those with the authority to make waves are cowardly, stupid, greedy, self serving and frankly eating out of the same trough. Football is one of the most short sighted and corrupt sports, a vast lake of sleaze which makes Indian cricket look tame, and the FIFA, the FA etc. have been 'bought off' by major commercial partners and do not have the moral fibre to stand up to some shady individuals/comanies and do what is right and get rid of the inequality of resources, the corrosive influence of agents and the many other things poisoning the game.

'Who cares if Nuneaton Town goes bust, we have Man Utd playing Real Madrid on pay per view, and oh look Ronaldo has just signed a £300,000 p/w contract. That's 60% more than Forest Green need to stop a winding up order. They're never going to be in the Champions League so who cares about the 300 job losses' That phrase sums up the attitude of football, and it is really turning me off football, other than watching the odd game at the Ricoh.

No-one speaks out about Venky's, the problems with Portsmouth, Darlington and so on because 95% of those with the authority to make waves are cowardly, stupid, greedy, self serving and frankly eating out of the same trough. Football is one of the most short sighted and corrupt sports, a vast lake of sleaze which makes Indian cricket look tame, and the FIFA, the FA etc. have been 'bought off' by major commercial partners and do not have the moral fibre to stand up to some shady individuals/comanies and do what is right and get rid of the inequality of resources, the corrosive influence of agents and the many other things poisoning the game.

'Who cares if Nuneaton Town goes bust, we have Man Utd playing Real Madrid on pay per view, and oh look Ronaldo has just signed a £300,000 p/w contract. That's 60% more than Forest Green need to stop a winding up order. They're never going to be in the Champions League so who cares about the 300 job losses' That phrase sums up the attitude of football, and it is really turning me off football, other than watching the odd game at the Ricoh.

Look what happened to Cov fans in the Ricoh when they had protest banners about their owners. I'm so glad they had the balls to fight back against the bullies.

There are STILL those who think the owners were well within their rights to turn up in a fleet of super cars like Akon going to a premier AND they blame the defeat and the owners early exit on fans shouting Venkys Out at them.

Beggars Belief

I am very pleased the owners were exposed to the reality at Ewood and how many fans feel about them.

Couldn't agree with snowball throwing although I do understand the frustration and anger that probably prompted it.

They can't be human if they are not sat wondering what the hell they have got themselves into.

And how the hell do they get out of it!

I do wish they would have the good grace and humility to accept their mistakes and talk to supporters both those wealthy and/or influential enough in the executive seats or the well-organised fans on the Rovers Trust, all of whom could offer sensible advice.

I would also dearly like to know if they are personally being advised by any PR people because there's no evidence of it so far.

Archived