BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fergie Set To Retire?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If football survives another hundred years they'll be talking about Sir Alex Ferguson then such as been his story.

How many mangers over the years has Ferguson seen off ? Can only think of Wenger as a long term rival.

Depends which Shearer you're talking about. 97/98 onwards Shearer was about half as good as pre 97/98 Shearer. Pre 97/98 Shearer in my opinion had Rooney for pace, finishing, heading, strength and movement in the box.

Not to mention goals too....

Rooney doesn't even come close to 1993-1996 Shearer.

As much as a I rate Rooney, he is a street footballer and lacks the drive and discipline required to take him from 'good footballer' to 'superstar'.

Look at Messi and Ronaldo, both have worked at their games and developed their natural talent.

It appears Rooney turns up, trains and plays matches - then goes out and drinks beer and smokes fags.

Big Al was an absolutely amazing forward and I've not seen anyone anywhere as near as good to him play in the flesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Fergie is the greatest manager of all time. He couldn't have won more and is a legend of the game. He deserves all the praise he gets. But amongst all the praise and platitudes, people tend to forget that Ferguson could be one of the most ignorant people and was a bully when things didn't go his way or people challenged him or the club.

He was an arrogant hypocrite of the highest order. I celebrated the news of his retirement like I always knew I would. Regardless of what he's done, I won't miss him. He bullied referees, was a sore loser, chatted some amount of b*llocks, especially when he was accusing others of things him and United were equally responsible for.

Considering United's squad is a bit behind's Chelsea's and City's imo, it remains to be seen whether Moyes will be the right appointment.

A few key injuries along with Moyes not doing well in his first year, coupled with CIty and Chelsea seemingly appointing top class managers means there's a good chance they could finish some way off the pace next year.

If Arsenal strengthen, Spurs keep Bale and strengthen themselves....well, I wouldn't be too surprised if they narrowly missed out on a top 4 place.

Archived