BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fergie Set To Retire?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was saying to someone at the weekend that it would make sense for him to step aside while there is a manager available that is worthy of the job.

I wonder if this is Jose related.

But who could possibly take over such a job? Mourinho looks to be on his way to Chelsea and Guardiola is off to Bayern. Who's big enough for that job? Van Gaal? Van Basten? Gawd knows but I wouldn't want to be the man drawing up the shortlist as there will be no shortage of critics (he's not won enough, he's not a big enough name etc)

But who could possibly take over such a job? Mourinho looks to be on his way to Chelsea and Guardiola is off to Bayern. Who's big enough for that job? Van Gaal? Van Basten? Gawd knows but I wouldn't want to be the man drawing up the shortlist as there will be no shortage of critics (he's not won enough, he's not a big enough name etc)

Maybe that young man from Everton Mr Moyes

There is only one man in world football capable of taking this job on. Someone with dignity who will always take the positives. And, incredibly, he's still available. Maybe The Mirror story this morning has twisted his arm and he's decided to go now?

Jupp Heynckes and Antonio Conte would be up there at a guess. Mourinho would be favourite though. How close he is to the Chelsea job could be forcing the hand here.

• Backroom

Interesting. It was only a few days ago Ferguson was saying he wasn't going to walk away - something must have changed to alter his mindset. I wonder if it's health related?

• Backroom

Absolute legend of the game it will be utterly bizarre to see a united without him

In context I would have been 2 when he took over and I'm now 28, a large percentage of United season tickets holders (and a much much larger percentage of worldwide fans) won't have ever lived in a time when Fergie wasn't their manager

Large bets being placed on Moyes. As Mercerman would say - follow the money.

There is only one man in world football capable of taking this job on. Someone with dignity who will always take the positives. And, incredibly, he's still available. Maybe The Mirror story this morning has twisted his arm and he's decided to go now?

I don't think the Glaziers would consult Kentaro about managers. If they did, a United Megastore shop worker would become chief executive to Steve Kean as manager and they would add the magic ingredient - 'being Positive' - to the first relegation since 1974.

I've heard Moyes to Germany, Schalke.

Jose, been told defo going chelsea for about the last month.

No-ones mentioned anything about Fergie, but I wonder if the Bayern Manager might be keen?

I honestly think Jose would jump at the chance to go United over Chelsea, no idea why.

The league could do with a good shake up as I still can't believe anyones comparing the current United team to the great one at the turn of the 20th

Nicko in the Mirror says Moyes is being lined up as Fergie's new assistant.

Seriously?

must be making room for good ol' stevie, can't have him off to chelsea as a simple assistant mananger now, can we? So they force sir Alex to retire so that Steve can take over. During his first press conference kean will be saying that he was the one who discovered Ryan Giggs in the first place.

Nicko in the Mirror says Moyes is being lined up as Fergie's new assistant.

also in other papers aswell.

Moyes aint going to Schalke.

think Moyes should be next Man Utd manager

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-boss-alex-ferguson-1874702

this story is about Fergie missing the start of next season with having surgery during the summer

Archived