BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fergie Set To Retire?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fergie's been a fan of Moyes for ages. It isn't hard to see why - they're mirror images of each other in many respects personality-wise.

I get the feeling Ferguson will still have a big say in what goes on at the club at every level. He's retiring as manager but managing the team was only one part of his job, and as a director/ambassador he can still do most of the other stuff.

• Backroom

wonder if thats why rooney wants out, not sure but did he have a frosty relationship with moyes at everton??

Journos saying Rooney asked for a transfer over a month ago. It seems unrelated, there have been murmurings of him wanting to leave for some time.

He'd be less likely to play at Bayern than Man Utd surely?

PSG is a good shout though, I can definitely see that.

Not necessarily. Bayern play with a false 9. Rooney is ideal for that roll.

• Backroom

He'd be less likely to play at Bayern than Man Utd surely?

PSG is a good shout though, I can definitely see that.

Rooney in Paris... that'd be a sight.

City and Chelsea would definitely be interested.

fergie has bottled it, he knew city are going to be the new superpower longer term and can`t compete with that, quit now and save face. let moyes take the brunt of utd`s fans anger as city collect title after title ahead of them..

having said that, moyes is a good choice imo.

fergie has bottled it, he knew city are going to be the new superpower longer term and can`t compete with that, quit now and save face. let moyes take the brunt of utd`s fans anger as city collect title after title ahead of them..

Not sure about City but Mourinho's impending return to Chelsea might just have persuaded to make his exit with another title under his belt.

If rumours are correct and Mourinho does come back the bookmakers might as well close betting for next year's title now.

"Bottled it"? He's just done 26 years with that lot, constantly under the media spotlight, has won more trophies than any other manager in English football history, has a pace maker, is due for a replacement hip and is aged 71. I think he's done his bit in all fairness.

having said that, moyes is a good choice imo.

Be fair, the man is 71!

Not sure about City but Mourinho's impending return to Chelsea might just have persuaded to make his exit with another title under his belt.

If rumours are correct and Mourinho does come back the bookmakers might as well close betting for next year's title now.

Are you using this years impending Real Madrid title as evidence?...........oh wait they are 8 points adrift having played a game more than Barca

Are you using this years impending Real Madrid title as evidence?...........oh wait they are 8 points adrift having played a game more than Barca

Nevertheless if your life depended on it, who would you fancy? Chelsea under Mourinho or United under Moyes? I'd definitely plump with the former.

As for one or two previous comments, I can't really stand Ferguson but it's nonsense to say he's bottled it imo. It was a remarkable achievement to win the Premiership at such a canter with what is probably not a vintage United side compared with his previous line ups. Everyone deserves a break sometime and at 71 he's more than earned it.

If a slightly younger Ferguson had City's squad and Mancini had had the current United squad, City would win the tile by 20 points every season in my view.

Nevertheless if your life depended on it, who would you fancy? Chelsea under Mourinho or United under Moyes? I'd definitely plump with the former.

Agreed. Moyes will fail

But to suggest that Chelsea will suddenly overtake City as the heir apparrent just because the Jose Circus rolls back into town is almost as silly as saying the bookies may as well stop taking bets

Archived