BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

:rover: you might well ask,watching espn on friday night here in cambodia.they are talking about the spurs v chelsea game,then the conversation moves onto the rovers.very close to shabbys heart apperntley.under the headline BLACKBURN HEAD OF DEVELOPMENT IN ASIA,shabby lays into the fans calling the protests against VENKYS as unjust and labelling them as innocent owners.starts calling the manager steve like they are long lost buddies.i thought shabby was just a pundit licking steve mcmohan and paul parkers behinds,but he maybe more,anyone know?????

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know SHABBY from ESPN TV for sure from before? Fortunately up in Bkk we now get PL but not the ESPN version so no SHABBY.

I thought he was off witn S McM to set up a Liverpool Academy in India , I thought he'd done a runner on Rovers. I wonder if he got cashed up on Profit Prats?

• Backroom

Shebby was certainly around in Pune when we were there doing promoting etc not sure what he does but I imagine he will have a role in India with their 'school of excellence' and Roverstar tournaments

I've met Shabby several times. Not sure what his official title is, but head of development- Asia sounds about right.

He'll be in Pune for New Year. I'll be sure to tell him that you all said Hi. LOL.

. . .,then the conversation moves onto the rovers.very close to shabbys heart apperntley.under the headline BLACKBURN HEAD OF DEVELOPMENT IN ASIA,shabby lays into the fans calling the protests against VENKYS as unjust and labelling them as innocent owners.starts calling the manager steve like they are long lost buddies.

I've met Shabby several times. Not sure what his official title is, but head of development- Asia sounds about right.

He'll be in Pune for New Year. I'll be sure to tell him that you all said Hi. LOL.

McG- Are Shabby's views of Steve Kean and the fans as outlined by Waggy accurate? And if so, is his apparent high regard for Steve Kean and apparent low regard for the fans shared by the Raos?

Another nobody having a pop. Whats his credentials in the game?

Without sounding like a daft racist, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a ton of clueless Indians on the Rovers payroll. We have a head of 'Asian Development' but no chairman/CEO? Just shows what an absolute joke we are.

According to wiki "Shebby Singh appears as a football analyst on the ESPNStar network. Premier League club Blackburn Rovers FC owners Venky's have signed Shebby Singh to get them ahead in the race to crack the Indian and Far East football market."

Was also man of the match in a game against Shrewsbury for Kuala Lumpur and also an international player for Malaysia, so more qualified in the Chicken Witches eyes to become a manager at Rovers than the current idiot in charge

Also a report on a site titled totalfootballmadness My link

Not sure if it's genuine but looking at some of the tweets could be, Mr Singhs twitter account My link

Whatever his credentials surely raising Rovers profille in asia is pointless if we are doing pants in the league, we also don't need acadamies out there yet because we need the coreproduct fixing. Great if theres proper structure in England but there isn't. Can't help but think the numpties reckon long term get 5 or 6 Indian players in and it'll be cheaper labour, sorry Venky's but this isn't a call centre once a footballer gets good enough it doesn't matter what their roots are they all earn loads of money beyond belief of any normal person or Venky for that matter.

Without sounding like a daft racist, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a ton of clueless Indians on the Rovers payroll. We have a head of 'Asian Development' but no chairman/CEO? Just shows what an absolute joke we are.

it wouldnt suprise me if there were afterall Mike Ashley employed his mates to run Newcastle, Lambias, Wise et al, bad regimes hire bad people. Judging by the Twitter feed 'Mr Balaji's' party ' looks like they are quite chummy. Wouldn't suprise me if that feed was real his comment about Suarez looks the work of a ###### pundit trying to stir things.

McG- Are Shabby's views of Steve Kean and the fans as outlined by Waggy accurate? And if so, is his apparent high regard for Steve Kean and apparent low regard for the fans shared by the Raos?

Shabby is a paid Venky's employee. In public he can't disagree with his employers.

In private, he's been around long enough to know where the dead-weight is at Ewood (And it's not the suporters who paid to watch us get spanked by WBA & Bolton)

I can't speak for all of the Raos but I know that some of them would love the support of the fans. Kean isn't held in high regard by them at all, but they're stuck with him until they can find a replacement.

They were very excited last week when they thought they'd found a new manager, but the deal apparently fell through at the 11th hour (Don't know why).

Shabby is a paid Venky's employee. In public he can't disagree with his employers.

Then it was better to say nothing. As it is, yet another paid Venkys employee is seen taking a swipe at the fans.

I can't speak for all of the Raos but I know that some of them would love the support of the fans.

It won't happen with Kean in charge. He's insulted too many, made too many ridiculous statements, and has lost all credibility. He could win 10 in a row and still be a despised figure.

I also fear the Venkys haven't really seen the fury of the supporters yet as most has been directed at Kean. I think that will change.

Kean isn't held in high regard by them at all, but they're stuck with him until they can find a replacement.

They were very excited last week when they thought they'd found a new manager, but the deal apparently fell through at the 11th hour (Don't know why).

Money is usually the answer. For a group with a lot of it, they seem to have a hard time gathering it.

If they want to improve fan relations Venkys needs to: 1) fire Kean; 2) hire an experienced, competent PL manager; and, 3) clarify the administration at Ewood.

But I fear time is running out if Venkys want to salvage anything, even if it is only their reputation. Heck, the New York Times, hardly a bastion of soccer supporters, is picking up on the story. It is going world wide. And, fairly or unfairly, Venkys is being cast as either the fool or the villain. Neither of which will do it's business reputation any good.

Abbey, as a preface, I need to clarify that I don't think this will happen. But I do think Venkys can turn it around.

Kean out the door would do a good bit to calming tempers.

Hughes (or a manager of similar quality) in would restore hope.

A chairman/CEO with a clear mandate would inspire confidence.

If Venkys can get all of the above right within the very near future, they will have established they have the will and means to do the right thing. Intentions do count, if coupled with positive action.

yeah steve I was honestly hoping for that a while back, but I feel it has gone to far now.

It was chaos to start with sacking and not replacing, and its just got more chatoic and wierder by the week.

now most fans are just stood arms out wide going "what the FU$K"

I can't speak for all of the Raos but I know that some of them would love the support of the fans.

It would be best if you told them the truth, the fury which has been directed at Kean will soon be turned on the Rao family as an increasing number of fans hold them 100% responsible for the chaos at Ewood.

Their only possibility of turning this round is to return the club to its former state and invest the £50-60m needed to fund a promotion campaign. Sadly that is unlikely to happen as we all know your employers are a busted flush - they have no money in PL terms and there is little hope of Rovers returning to the PL after the coming relegation.

The Raos are finished in Blackburn.

In private, he's been around long enough to know where the dead-weight is at Ewood (And it's not the suporters who paid to watch us get spanked by WBA & Bolton)

I can't speak for all of the Raos but I know that some of them would love the support of the fans. Kean isn't held in high regard by them at all, but they're stuck with him until they can find a replacement.

Perhaps then they should come out and say what exactly it is they've done for the club up to now.

Fallen through deals are no deals at all in my book and if - as I suspect- MH gave them a list of how the club would work under him and they coiled up in horror then say why.

Why, I nearly made a million on Friday - but my horse fell over and ruined my accumilator on the first race. see - I'm nearly a millionaire - but I'm not and untill I am I don;t expect the trappings.

You HAVE TO EARN RESPECT STUPID!

I can't speak for all of the Raos but I know that some of them would love the support of the fans. deal apparently fell through at the 11th hour (Don't know why).

They had the support of the fans until they tore this club apart.

It would be best if you told them the truth, the fury which has been directed at Kean will soon be turned on the Rao family as an increasing number of fans hold them 100% responsible for the chaos at Ewood.

Their only possibility of turning this round is to return the club to its former state and invest the £50-60m needed to fund a promotion campaign. Sadly that is unlikely to happen as we all know your employers are a busted flush - they have no money in PL terms and there is little hope of Rovers returning to the PL after the coming relegation.

The Raos are finished in Blackburn.

I'll be honest with you. When they were regularly traveling to Blackburn for the games, I was getting a lot of info on the comings and goings of the club. Since they've stopped traveling, I'm only hearing bits and pieces.

They know how much the fans want a new manager... They've known for quite some time. They themselves want a new manager but can't come out and say that in public (Remember when the UK jeweller 'Ratners' called their products crap, and then went bust - it would be like that).

I've been told that there is a healthy transfer budget for January - Hopefully they'll use it for a new manager and his choice of new players (It's nowhere near 50-60m though).

The chairman?CEO position won't be filled IMO. The mind-set over here is that if you want something done properly in business, you have to do it yourself. The family are trying (unsuccessfully) to apply that to their latest business. It's a pity really as a new chairman would be able to fire SK and not have the family look like they're admitting to making a bad decision in hiring him in the first place.

I'd agree that relegation is very, very likely. I just hope that we don't lose too many quality players when it happens.

Archived