BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

3. I mentioned that game because I was with them for that game. I wasn't there for the Stoke game. They had a party after the game... It was a New Years party. I already posted about that.

p.s. Are you saying that they shouldn't celebrate when Rovers win? Why not?

4. And replaced by whom?

Celebrate lol don't make me laugh... They will celebrate when they have bled every penny out of us!!!!

Who would I chose as manager ? Roar could do a better job!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. And replaced by whom?

Any manager would do a better job than SK. We may not get quality applications because of the situation that the owners have created. However we either take the slim chance of avoiding relegation by the owners making a change or the owners let us go down by staying as we are.

This was the case before the West Brom game and is still just about the case now thanks to other results. Unfortunately Venkys appear not to have the power to make this change.

"Who says Steve Kean has Mrs. Desai's direct phone number? Kean? There'd be more chance of you having a direct line to the Queen."

steve kean has said this numerous times and it has been reported in some press articles also that he virtually refuses to answer to anybody at the club(eg. paul hunt) and just speaks directly to the owners when theres an issue,which goes a long way to explaining why john williams couldnt work with him and left the club.

p.s. appologies if im wrong, but some of the remarks/slang terms you are using seem very local and not what id expect from sombody working in the position you lead us to believe, getting very suspicious.

This is what I was getting at!

Ok. Sorry. Other that what I've posted above my reasons are,

I was hoping to give some hints on how to improve the effectiveness of the protests.

I still hope to guide supporters through the Media lies/misdirection/speculation.

I want to show that there are Rovers supporters over here in India and maybe give them a voice.

I'd like to get the family talking to the supporters again. It won't happen as long as everybody gets caught up in the media hype and can't think straight.

Hopefully I can show that although this is a business for Venky's, the family see it as more than that.

There's probably some other stuff but it's been a long day and I can't think of them right now.

MG.

Plus if any new manager was ever to be a realistic possibility, surely you appoint him for the January transfer window.

I agree. Get him in the job early and have him draw up a 'most wanted' list.

steve kean has said this numerous times and it has been reported in some press articles also that he virtually refuses to answer to anybody at the club(eg. paul hunt) and just speaks directly to the owners when theres an issue,which goes a long way to explaining why john williams couldnt work with him and left the club.

p.s. appologies if im wrong, but some of the remarks/slang terms you are using seem very local and not what id expect from sombody working in the position you lead us to believe, getting very suspicious.

He may have a direct line to one of the brothers. But I find it very hard to believe that he has Mrs. Desai's cell number. To the best of my knowledge, the only people who have that are her family and her secretary.

I, along with many of my colleagues have spent years in the UK (Which is why it's so easy for me to get a visa). Most of the people I travel with received their university qualifications in the UK.

It's understandable that you're suspicious. Are you suspicious that I'm not in India, or that I don't work for VHL, or that I'm some sort of PR 'plant'? Or all of the above?

I have no idea if their are many rovers supporters in india, BUT what i have noticed at games recently is their is quite noticably more local indian and pakistani football fans coming to games which is great not just for the club but the local community(white and asian in blackburn usually dont mix(other than for work reasons) and live in very segragated areas. over a third of blackburns population is asian but most asian men dont follow rovers(or go to games anyway), if venkys could find ways of really getting the local asian communities involved and made to feel welcome at ewood(which of course they would be) than that could potentially find get them 10s of thousands of new rovers fans from in and around blackburn.

It's understandable that you're suspicious. Are you suspicious that I'm not in India, or that I don't work for VHL, or that I'm some sort of PR 'plant'? Or all of the above?

That you're a rival supporter, laughing your socks off at stringing people along.

Can't understand why, if your are genuine, why you would trouble yourself to post on here, tell us nothing of substance but trying to assure us that Venkys have Rovers best interests at heart, despite all that has happened over the last 12 months pointing to the contrary.

The Kean issue is the biggest at the moment. They're working on a replacement but that's all I'm willing to say on the subject as the rest of what I've heard is hearsay and rumour

2. Yes. They know that. But as I've said before, nobody wants his job as relegation looks very, very likely (But still not certain). I'm hearing positive things about him being repositioned during the Jan window.

Removing Kean would be an excellent first step. A competent experienced manager would likely improve results and, possibly, keep us from being relegated.

Even more importantly, it would go a long way to healing the rift between owners and fans.

One question. Why is it you imply a "repositioning" as opposed to an outright termination? Is Kean truly unsackable but he can be reassigned?

He may have a direct line to one of the brothers. But I find it very hard to believe that he has Mrs. Desai's cell number. To the best of my knowledge, the only people who have that are her family and her secretary.

I, along with many of my colleagues have spent years in the UK (Which is why it's so easy for me to get a visa). Most of the people I travel with received their university qualifications in the UK.

yea didn't, necessarily mean he had Mrs.Ds personal cell number, hed most likely as you say have to go through a secratary or the like.

the suspicion for me is that you are just some random person on a wind up mission and enjoying the attention, your explanation does seem reasonable though, so ill go along with you(for now ;) )

I appreciate MG's comments and believe he is genuine. But the fact still remains, whether they are passionate about the club or not, Venkys need to invest a lot of money into Blackburn. So far, they have been unwilling to do that and that doesn't look like changing.

The best way for the club to get back on its feet is to sack steve kean, get a proper manager in, and invest in the club. Until then, the club will continue to sink.

That you're a rival supporter, laughing your socks off at stringing people along.

Can't understand why, if your are genuine, why you would trouble yourself to post on here, tell us nothing of substance but trying to assure us that Venkys have Rovers best interests at heart, despite all that has happened over the last 12 months pointing to the contrary.

Not much I can do about that other than take some snaps of Pune - Which anybody could cut and paste from Google images.

My question: if they have decided that Kean needs to be sacked, why is it taking so long? At what point did they decide this? Obviously Sunderland were able to appoint MON quite quickly, so why couldn't Venky's get him or someone similar?

Removing Kean would be an excellent first step. A competent experienced manager would likely improve results and, possibly, keep us from being relegated.

Even more importantly, it would go a long way to healing the rift between owners and fans.

One question. Why is it you imply a "repositioning" as opposed to an outright termination? Is Kean truly unsackable but he can be reassigned?

Word is that moving him sideways would save face. Also a job within Rovers somewhere would keep him happy, quiet & less costly that sacking him.

My question: if they have decided that Kean needs to be sacked, why is it taking so long? At what point did they decide this? Obviously Sunderland were able to appoint MON quite quickly, so why couldn't Venky's get him or someone similar?

I was told that they couldn't find a replacement. Other than that - I have no idea. Sorry.

I was told that they couldn't find a replacement. Other than that - I have no idea. Sorry.

If this is genuinely the case, I wonder why. I guess we didn't have a line of managers waiting to be appointed after Hughes left. We ended up with Ince and then Allardyce, they were supposedly the best candidates for the job. What other candidates were there?

Ok. A good thought out post.

1. Yes. They realize that it'll be very difficult to bounce back up. They know good players will leave. Getting good players to replace them will be very very difficult. etc.

2. Yes. They know that. But as I've said before, nobody wants his job as relegation looks very, very likely (But still not certain). I'm hearing positive things about him being repositioned during the Jan window.

3. I agree 200%. All of this bad PR should've been nipped in the bud early on. I can't excuse the family for this as they are directly responsible for all press releases coming out of Ewood. As I've said before, I think they're waiting for the tide to turn results-wise before making any statements.

BUT - In their defense - Releasing a statement saying that the manager which they chose over Allardice is poo, wouldn't benefit anybody (Until he's gone).

Thanks for your input.

For what its worth I think they can turn around their image within the fan base easily and realitively quickly.

They are not the first owners to put a bad manager in place.

They are taking a long time to replace him but thats another issue. We probably need a manager to get us promoted next season not an easy sell I would think.

Bringing in a manager who the fans can rally behind will change alot.

The nature of rovers fans was always one of blind optimisim, something I loved about this club. The past 12 months have changed that to the point we don't believe anything anymore.

Venkys do have to find a way of connecting with the fans, many of whom are like myself and will give them a chance once they start running the club in a correct manner.

Keep posting your updates we live in hope of better times ahead.

Do they not consider if something wants doing then they do it themselves. So if this is true, and MG says they know Kean needs moving either sideways, or out, yet, they cant find a manager.

To me, suggest they really arent trying to find a replacement.

Word is that moving him sideways would save face. Also a job within Rovers somewhere would keep him happy, quiet & less costly that sacking him.

Within the Rovers? Have they considered that most managers don't want the former manager lurking around? Anyone with any significant management experience knows it would only lead to backbiting and behind close door politics. These concerns would only be heightened in the case of Steve Kean due to rumors on how he got the job to begin with.

So if Venkys are bemused about their difficulty in locating a replacement manager, they need to consider having Kean stick around is a great big negative in the books of potential replacements. If they remove Kean, perhaps send him to the Rovers Academy in India, they'd have better luck.

After that, it's likely the pay packet and transfer budgets. Good managers are not cheap (case in point, Kean was cheap and is crap) and don't like to lose.

Blindingly obvious - You should've gone to Specsavers. ;)

For an Indian based in Pune, who has a limited experience of English culture you seem to have very good knowledge of UK advert catchphrases and what context to use them in.

Sorry. But I do have a full time job away from surfing the message boards.

and the rest of my post which you chose to ignore ??

Is there any proof or evidence at all that they care ?? Have they done anything or shown in anyway that they care about BLACKBURN ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB ??

YOU TELL ME ??

For an Indian based in Pune, who has a limited experience of English culture you seem to have very good knowledge of UK advert catchphrases and what context to use them in.

I hadn't doubted MG's authenticity until you pointed that quote out. It is very odd.

Archived