BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only guess that they don't want to leave the club managerless - Even for a short time. But at the moment I'd agree that nothing is probably better than something.

Im still struggling to understand your agenda :/. Im told you are an employee of theirs or are close to them and you have no interest in the club which is why I was perhaps a little harsh in my earlier postings but Ive read your posts now and you seem concerned and share our concerns e.g Kean, clubs downhill spiral and a lack of communication with the fans. What in your opinion is the best way to get through to them that they are harming the club? The big problem I and many fans have with them is that they can fix this, even if we go down we can still bounce back if they start acting now.

Are you prepared to forward the Fans Statement to the owners?

I've printed it off. I'm still figuring out the best/most effective way to pass it on. As I said in a PM to another member, I would've worded it the statement differently, but it's too late now. I'll get it across somehow. ;)

Just add the title

READ IT AND WEEP !

Venky's your ideas are pie in the sky, the thought that you think Kean is a good manager makes me think that I could rival Sir red face and mankini in the managerial stakes and I only did 1 year with the Red Lion !

Its time for Kean to be shown the door. Only then will you begin to reap some positivity with the supporters. Thats the first step to rebuilding the burned bridges. Only at that point will Rovers fans begin to take you seriously as owners of a great and proud club and even then it will take much much more.

You have your starting point, its been made very clear to you by all and sundry. Take notice and you might just survive this fan uprising. Ignore at your peril because the beast of BRFC has been well and truly awoken. God help if you sell the latest Crown Jewels at the club and fail with the one duty you should undertake.

MG Road, hope your successful in your mission.

Im still struggling to understand your agenda :/. Im told you are an employee of theirs or are close to them and you have no interest in the club which is why I was perhaps a little harsh in my earlier postings but Ive read your posts now and you seem concerned and share our concerns e.g Kean, clubs downhill spiral and a lack of communication with the fans. What in your opinion is the best way to get through to them that they are harming the club? The big problem I and many fans have with them is that they can fix this, even if we go down we can still bounce back if they start acting now.

My agenda at the immediate moment is to stop Rovers from bombing out of the EPL. I enjoy watching the game when we come over. I like meeting the staff and volunteers at Ewood. But I'm not a huge fan of football in general - I'll admit that.

I'm more than aware of the employment situation in the UK at the moment and I know that if Rovers get relegated, people's livelihoods will be put in jeopardy. If I can help keep the very nice people at Ewood and at the training grounds in a job then I will... I guess you could say that's my agenda at the moment.

The best way to get through to them IMO is to have the Pune9 meet up with them again for a chat. I don't know who organized it the first time but it's got to be worth giving it another try.

Marching up to the grounds was a waste as nobody outside of Blackburn paid any attention to it for more than the 5secs of news-time which it earned. Ditto with protests at half/full time. Protests during the game was a disaster. The plane caught peoples attention - Top marks for that. The newspaper ad was another very good idea depending on how it would be worded (Keep ABBEY away from the typewriter please). Having the local sponsor travel to India for a sit-down with Mrs. Desai - Again top marks. The statement posted up today is good but the wording IMO is only good not great.

Personally, I'd change track with the protests. I'd go from, "Get him out. You all suck" to, "You're struggling with this. Let us help" or, "If you're really here for the long haul, please talk to us. That way we all win".

Or something like that. :rolleyes:

Surely MG, Venkys relationship with the Rovers fans is as good as over? I can't see anyway back for them in the eyes of 90% of Rovers fans even if they did pot Kean now and we narrowly avoided relegation.

They'd be best off accepting any respectable bid (if there are any).

Their apparent refusal to do this Is why we are all so worried that they will asset strip us now and in the summer and run.

You don't want people having a go at jocks but it's ok for gingers ?;)

Funny my post asking for something to be done fell on deaf ears and resulted in me being told to grow a pair. So since you all think it's alright I'll join in your merry little game, every oppurtunity to tar people and generalise about you southerners will be taken. Off course not one Mod on here can do a solitary thing about it if it's alright to do it to us Jocks then everyone is fair game. You english are so simple.

Personally, I'd change track with the protests. I'd go from, "Get him out. You all suck" to, "You're struggling with this. Let us help" or, "If you're really here for the long haul, please talk to us. That way we all win".

How can the supporters help Venkys to:

Remove Steve Kean?

Bring in an experienced, respected manager?

Invest in the playing squad?

Pay their bills?

Satisfy the bank?

Keep us in the PL?

Stop talking nonsense to the media?

Start talking sense to the fans?

No, seriously, I really want to know.

Funny my post asking for something to be done fell on deaf ears and resulted in me being told to grow a pair. So since you all think it's alright I'll join in your merry little game, every oppurtunity to tar people and generalise about you southerners will be taken. Off course not one Mod on here can do a solitary thing about it if it's alright to do it to us Jocks then everyone is fair game. You english are so simple.

But we're Northerners, Maj. ;)

MG Road you obviously know nothing about football. Can you imagine the Blackburn End signing 'If you're really here for the long haul, pleaase talk to us. That way we all win.' Could you suggest a tune they could sing it to.

MG Road you obviously know nothing about football. Can you imagine the Blackburn End signing 'If you're really here for the long haul, pleaase talk to us. That way we all win.' Could you suggest a tune they could sing it to.

How about Bucks Fizz "land of make believe" :)

How can the supporters help Venkys to:

Remove Steve Kean?

Bring in an experienced, respected manager?

Invest in the playing squad?

Pay their bills?

Satisfy the bank?

Keep us in the PL?

Stop talking nonsense to the media?

Start talking sense to the fans?

No, seriously, I really want to know.

But we're Northerners, Maj. ;)

Detailed below is a map of the UK:

great-britain-map%25283%2529.gif

As we can see Scotland is above england, in geographical terms below would be described as south of said place. So since I'm Scottish and hail from the wonderful country above yours, your bloody southern englishmen to me whether from the north of england or the south as you'll always be beneath the beautiful country of Scotland. :P

My agenda at the immediate moment is to stop Rovers from bombing out of the EPL. I enjoy watching the game when we come over. I like meeting the staff and volunteers at Ewood. But I'm not a huge fan of football in general - I'll admit that.

I'm more than aware of the employment situation in the UK at the moment and I know that if Rovers get relegated, people's livelihoods will be put in jeopardy. If I can help keep the very nice people at Ewood and at the training grounds in a job then I will... I guess you could say that's my agenda at the moment.

The best way to get through to them IMO is to have the Pune9 meet up with them again for a chat. I don't know who organized it the first time but it's got to be worth giving it another try.

Marching up to the grounds was a waste as nobody outside of Blackburn paid any attention to it for more than the 5secs of news-time which it earned. Ditto with protests at half/full time. Protests during the game was a disaster. The plane caught peoples attention - Top marks for that. The newspaper ad was another very good idea depending on how it would be worded (Keep ABBEY away from the typewriter please). Having the local sponsor travel to India for a sit-down with Mrs. Desai - Again top marks. The statement posted up today is good but the wording IMO is only good not great.

People have been talking to them / attempting to talk to them for months. They do not want to listen. They need to appoint a chief exec who knows how to run a football club and let them get on with it.

As we can see Scotland is above england, in geographical terms below would be described as south of said place. So since I'm Scottish and hail from the wonderful country above yours, your bloody southern englishmen to me whether from the north of england or the south as you'll always be beneath the beautiful country of Scotland. :P

id sooner be a balding ginger dingle than live in scotland, suicide capital of the world(for good reason!), scots are great people but theirs somat about scotland itself that sucksarse(sure it has some very picturesque places, but so has burnley).

id sooner be a balding ginger dingle than live in scotland, suicide capital of the world(for good reason!), scots are great people but theirs somat about scotland itself that sucksarse(sure it has some very picturesque places, but so has burnley).

Then I suggest you dye your hair ginger shave a monk patch on the back of your head and get on a bus to burnley with the intent of getting dingle tattoed on your body:

World suicide rates.

PS I have to say your Scottish is very good for a simple englishman, schools down south must be slowly taking up our language teaching excellence.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that we're certain for relegation. A competent new manager would give us a fighting chance.

This is absolutely correct. I think a competent manager, a fighter, someone like Hughes, would keep us up. The talent exists in the squad, though we lack depth and need a few reinforcements to deal with injury prospects. Look at what MON has done for Sunderland.

They know. I know the that at least one of the brothers has been eager to get rid of him for a while now. SK's win ratio surely speaks for itself to the others.

Do they also realise that most managers will not even contemplate coming to a club until the current manager has left. If they sack Kean, then they will have more applicants for the job, if you know what I mean.

There might be something to this, perhaps managers are somewhat like a fraternity. The nearest equivalent is girlfrieds. Heaven forbid you sleep with a brother's girlfriend while their dating, but you can take her when they've broken up. The good ones won't stab a fellow manager in the back (i.e. try to take his job) while employed but will apply once he's out.

On the other hand, I think the biggest realistic hangups are: 1) compensation; 2) transfer budget; and, 3) the prospect of Kean lurking around after the fact.

It's hard to get all of that on a banner.

Surely MG, Venkys relationship with the Rovers fans is as good as over? I can't see anyway back for them in the eyes of 90% of Rovers fans even if they did pot Kean now and we narrowly avoided relegation.

I don't think this is true. If we're relegated and the fan base views Venkys as not having moved heaven and earth, the yes it will be true. There is still a narrow window they can demonstrate their dedictation to the club, however, and redeem themselves with a large section of the fan base.

It's hasn't been all that long since the protests went mainstream, after all.

I actually liked Scotland and the north of England when I was there last year. Beautiful country.

Despised London.

Since MG seems to avoid my challenges and ignore my questions, a bit of sport.

Draw a horizontal line through Nottingham on your map there and divide the UK into two parts.

We're both Northerners, Maj, face facts... brother.

Then I suggest you dye your hair ginger shave a monk patch on the back of your head and get on a bus to burnley with the intent of getting dingle tattoed on your body:

World suicide rates.

PS I have to say your Scottish is very good for a simple englishman, schools down south must be slowly taking up our language teaching excellence.

i stand corrected, sorry, only the highest rate in the uk, by over 50%, depressing really.

MG, I've left well alone for a while but just felt I had to make a point about this....... glad to hear you're on the ball about UK unemployment but you (and your employers) should be aware that it's far from just being people at the club who'd be affected when Rovers are relegated. It will affect at least hundreds of people in and around Blackburn whose businesses have contact with Rovers.

Good grief man. Are you telling me that nigh on 13 months in the Raos haven't worked out who they can talk to yet?!? Am I supposed to believe this bull?

They haven't spoken to the local MP, main Sponsor, Local Paper, all of whom could point them in the right direction. Perhaps they could have listened to Dave Whelan at Wigan but decided to leave I.e. "rumbled". Maybe the fans in Pune? The local Indian fans even made a banner suggesting what needs to be done. Tony Parkes perhaps?

But no, ignore them, ignore everyone. Because the agenda isn't what's best for BRFC is it? Never has been.

You're insulting my intelligence with this crap, either that or you work for idiots. Which is it?

Since MG seems to avoid my challenges and ignore my questions, a bit of sport.

Draw a horizontal line through Nottingham on your map there and divide the UK into two parts.

We're both Northerners, Maj, face facts... brother.

So everything north of nottingham is scottish? I thought you english drove out mel gibson????

I just find it highly annoying the fact he's Scottish gets used as a stick to beat him with, as at the end of the day even we (the rest of us sweaty socks) know he's about as good as a bit turd stuck on a hair on your ass.

i stand corrected, sorry, only the highest rate in the uk, by over 50%, depressing really.

Is it any surprise we all like to top ourselves? just look at the abuse the only scot at Rovers is getting of the english around him!

;)

The Aussies,Americans,French etc all get stick too.

What makes you think being a Scot entitles you to special treatment? :)

I'm quite happy to extend it to all nations, but fact of the matter is you don't read much from the english in detriment to other nations, but if he/she's a jock it always gets mentioned. Take a trawl through the website you won't read god damm Emerton you bloody Aussie convict (say in ref to a bad mistake on the pitch) but see what has been written about say Ferguson? Goodwillie has barely been here 6 months and already his nationality is used as a stick to beat him with, Salgado's made some right howlers thsi season is he called a stupid spainish peacock? Givet was he called a garlic wearing fench knob when trying to sue the club? no he wasn't but if it had been a Jock it would be mentioned relentlessly.

The resentment between us and the southerners will long continue due to the history between our countries until the happy day we finally gain independence from the English. Something I believe you Aussies can relate too?

PS I don't think I'm special but my mum tells me I am every time we speak on the phone. :P

Archived