BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, this board these days consists of predominantly the same 20-odd people posting exactly the same things every day in every thread. It's like the Alzheimer's branch of the supporters club.

Maybe ... so can you explain why you keep logging on? :rolleyes:

Yeah like there was regular, normal dialogue going on previously - such a pointless debate, the owners are the cause of all our problems. The reason they bought us was to further promote their own brand - chicken farmers owning a football club, I mean come on.

Even when they do communicate they don't have an effin clue what they are talking about - Desai said herself she doesn't understand the game which has been clearly demonstrated from day one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Even the Devil couldn't come up with that one!

Its just too stupid.

You seriously don't think the actions/messages by some of the fans has contributed to them staying away??? :wacko:

You seriously don't think the actions/messages by some of the fans has contributed to them staying away??? :wacko:

I think there was no genuine communication with the fans to begin with, no plans to ever have any and therefore nothing to lose.

I would think that the fans' reaction to a year of disastrous decisions has made the Raos frightened of coming to Ewood again, with the exception of Mrs Desai who doesn't seem interested at all and never came anyway.

That's a good thing because I hate to think of the consequences if they ever did grace Ewood with their presence. Happy? :wacko:

This thread has made compelling reading (neap eaters and sheep shaggers included... count me as a boomerang throwing roo-riding convict). But at the risk of the Alzheimers crack becoming a reality, maybe we can summarise.

- Thanks MG, I think most on here accept you are who you say you are. Nice to have a 'window' to the owners

- However...rational and constructive discussion and talk is a nice idea in principle - very civilised indeed - but there is no way to do that in practice in our situation, given the unpreparedness of the owners to even engage at local member/newspaper level - so they need to do something else in the short term

- Action is required. Something. Anything. Waiting for everyone to calm down and sit and have a holding hands chatfest is not going to work. Its too slow. The season is draining away. Action is needed NOW, or its too late.

- Venkys need to take action - dismiss Kean, and put some money into the transfer kitty. Then, they might be able to reasonably say "See ? We are listening. Now let's talk" (although I have to concede that it may be too late for some)

I do not agree that relagation is a forgone conclusion. There are poorer sides than Blackburn above us in the table. Much as we seem to like to self-depreciate, that is a fact. Wigan have just been turned over by Swindon, Bolton held to a late draw by Macclesfield. We have played aimlessly and poorly against weaker opposition because we are tactically leaderless. But, we CAN stay up. Two wins with the 4 above us losing will put us out of the relegation zone. It will be tight but we can do it. But we need to stop losing to injury time winners (how many of them have there been !!!!), and plug the confidence gap - a new manager, and some good solid loan players might do it.

Talk is a great idea--but it is cheap, very cheap. And it takes two to tango!!! The average neap eating, sheep shagging, hovis eating fan with a family and a mortgage has no avenue to 'talk' to the Venky's. To get their confidence back, the Venkys have to DO Something. Now!

Thanks for your time

Only in the sense that it gives them a very convenient excuse not to do something they've never shown much interest in anyway.

The best way to help achieve all those things is to talk to Venky's. I know it seems that they're not listening but believe me they are. Protests pushed them father away (you can see that now right?). The only remaining avenue is diplomacy. If everybody just takes a deep breath, steps back a little and then asks to have a pow-wow we'll all get things done faster.

BS. The ball is in Venkys court and has been for months. All they've done is talk. Nothing has come of it. It is time for action. If they don't, that tells me all I need to know about Venkys.

Over the last year I have formed a very poor opinion of Venkys. That is entirely the result of their lies and/or exaggerations, and continuous mistakes and/or failures. I'll reconsider my opinion when they give me something concrete to hang my hat on, other than their word which hasn't meant much from what I've seen.

. . . There have been a number of attempts to communicate with venkys,

by the club,

its supporters going to pune,

local member of parliament,

local councilors,

sponsors of the Darwen end,

open letter from the local newspaper,

supporters websites

Each attempt has been ignored and knocked back by the venkys.

What communication have venkys given to,

its supporters,

member of parliament,

local councilor,

Sponsors of the darwen end,

Local newspapaer

supporters websites.

The answer is NOTHING

Venkys are in my opinion an embarrassment to football, to India and basic business common sence. . . .

This post is deserving of a +1.

It's up to them to show us that they are "normal, sensible, hard-working, intelligent people" not the other way around MGroad, they are the ones with bridges to build not us.

+1

Talk is a great idea--but it is cheap, very cheap. And it takes two to tango!!! The average neap eating, sheep shagging, hovis eating fan with a family and a mortgage has no avenue to 'talk' to the Venky's. To get their confidence back, the Venkys have to DO Something. Now!

+1

Only in the sense that it gives them a very convenient excuse not to do something they've never shown much interest in anyway.

Yes, that is quite possibe. (It was only a 'devils advocate' line in a much larger post, and was only meant to provoke a train of thought from a different perspective not to wind people up).

For an Indian based in Pune, who has a limited experience of English culture you seem to have very good knowledge of UK advert catchphrases and what context to use them in.

My point exactly, there is no way MG road is Indian who is based in Pune! I can bet my life on that!

MG Road, I have disagreed with your views on fans/Venkys communication and stated my reasons. However, it would be interesting to get your take on today's Sky Sports News interview by Jerome Anderson of SEM. Do you know if the Raos were aware of it (either in advance or afterwards) and how they viewed Anderson's comments?

I think it is fair to say that, if the Raos are not already aware, they need to be made aware that anger, frustration and fury seems to be rising very quickly. The only way to stop something very ugly (not talking about Kean here!) from happening is for Venkys to be decisive in the next few days. I have no faith whatsoever in this happening and think that Venkys should be concerned that their company image is likely to take a further beating unless they find a way to do something, anything, to turn the tide. So whats it going to be?

Do you think they even know how bad and irretrievable things are becoming?

MG, its a shame you haven't been on recently. It seems things are really coming to a head with our owners, the bank etc, and it would be interesting to hear any insight from you about the mood in, or view from, Venkys Tower HQ. Its not looking too good for your paymasters on this one, is it?!

In honesty, at a time when we are hearing about alleged 'gagging' of Rovers employees and careful scrutiny of posts/comments on the web, I do hope you haven't come to the conclusion that it is risky for you to post here.

Anything you can share?

This thread has made compelling reading (neap eaters and sheep shaggers included... count me as a boomerang throwing roo-riding convict). But at the risk of the Alzheimers crack becoming a reality, maybe we can summarise.

- Thanks MG, I think most on here accept you are who you say you are. Nice to have a 'window' to the owners

- However...rational and constructive discussion and talk is a nice idea in principle - very civilised indeed - but there is no way to do that in practice in our situation, given the unpreparedness of the owners to even engage at local member/newspaper level - so they need to do something else in the short term

- Action is required. Something. Anything. Waiting for everyone to calm down and sit and have a holding hands chatfest is not going to work. Its too slow. The season is draining away. Action is needed NOW, or its too late.

- Venkys need to take action - dismiss Kean, and put some money into the transfer kitty. Then, they might be able to reasonably say "See ? We are listening. Now let's talk" (although I have to concede that it may be too late for some)

I do not agree that relagation is a forgone conclusion. There are poorer sides than Blackburn above us in the table. Much as we seem to like to self-depreciate, that is a fact. Wigan have just been turned over by Swindon, Bolton held to a late draw by Macclesfield. We have played aimlessly and poorly against weaker opposition because we are tactically leaderless. But, we CAN stay up. Two wins with the 4 above us losing will put us out of the relegation zone. It will be tight but we can do it. But we need to stop losing to injury time winners (how many of them have there been !!!!), and plug the confidence gap - a new manager, and some good solid loan players might do it.

Thanks for your time

A very good post. I agree completely.

The season is draining away very quickly and everybody here knows what must be done. We just don't know why the family aren't doing it. That's why I'd like to get the fans talking to the family again - They can openly ask what's going on, whereas I'd get told to mind my own business.

Obviously there's some sort of stumbling block keeping SK employed. A chatfest with the owners might have some luck finding out what it is... And help to overcome it. Protests, banners & shouting - Won't.

A very good post. I agree completely.

The season is draining away very quickly and everybody here knows what must be done. We just don't know why the family aren't doing it. That's why I'd like to get the fans talking to the family again - They can openly ask what's going on, whereas I'd get told to mind my own business.

Obviously there's some sort of stumbling block keeping SK employed. A chatfest with the owners might have some luck finding out what it is... And help to overcome it. Protests, banners & shouting - Won't.

Why has every player at the club got a price in his head and being touted about, when the Mrs.Desai said in the beginning Blackburn Rovers would not be a selling club?

Are you just on here to side track us all from the real sting thats going on currently at our club.

MG Road, I have disagreed with your views on fans/Venkys communication and stated my reasons. However, it would be interesting to get your take on today's Sky Sports News interview by Jerome Anderson of SEM. Do you know if the Raos were aware of it (either in advance or afterwards) and how they viewed Anderson's comments?

I think it is fair to say that, if the Raos are not already aware, they need to be made aware that anger, frustration and fury seems to be rising very quickly. The only way to stop something very ugly (not talking about Kean here!) from happening is for Venkys to be decisive in the next few days. I have no faith whatsoever in this happening and think that Venkys should be concerned that their company image is likely to take a further beating unless they find a way to do something, anything, to turn the tide. So whats it going to be?

Do you think they even know how bad and irretrievable things are becoming?

I didn't see it (No Sky Sports at home) Is there a youtube link or something? It would be very nice if he said something bad about Venkys or the family - Kean would be guilty by association.

They know relegation is a possibility. At this point I've NEVER heard anybody mention anything along the lines of selling-up should that happen (That'll be good news for some and bad news for others I guess).

MG, its a shame you haven't been on recently. It seems things are really coming to a head with our owners, the bank etc, and it would be interesting to hear any insight from you about the mood in, or view from, Venkys Tower HQ. Its not looking too good for your paymasters on this one, is it?!

In honesty, at a time when we are hearing about alleged 'gagging' of Rovers employees and careful scrutiny of posts/comments on the web, I do hope you haven't come to the conclusion that it is risky for you to post here.

Anything you can share?

I'm told (repeatedly) by the bean-counters that the financial woes are nonsense.

The general mood here (amongst the staff) is resignation that we'll be relegated. There's also a lot of people who are very puzzled by the fact that SK is still in a job. Venky's are known throughout India to be very hard task-masters. They're far more strict than many other large companies, and their tolerance for staff's failure in business is low, to say the least. Nobody knows why the family don't just take the financial 'hit' and be done with him. We had word that a new manager was coming-in a few weeks ago and we were all quite excited about that. But it fell through and now we're back to the point where most staff won't even mention the Club's name in front of the owners as they're very touchy about the subject at the moment.

It might be that staff at Ewood are being 'gagged' but it's not the case over here in India. I've just been busy working, travelling, and trying to figure out how to get the family talking to the fans about what's going on.

The Fans Forum had a 'chatfest' out in Pune- plenty of platitudes from the owners about them 'knowing what needs to be done', but of course, no action.

But at least there was some talking. Now we have nothing being done, and no way of asking why?

I'm told (repeatedly) by the bean-counters that the financial woes are nonsense.

The general mood here (amongst the staff) is resignation that we'll be relegated. There's also a lot of people who are very puzzled by the fact that SK is still in a job. Venky's are known throughout India to be very hard task-masters. They're far more strict than many other large companies, and their tolerance for staff's failure in business is low, to say the least. Nobody knows why the family don't just take the financial 'hit' and be done with him. We had word that a new manager was coming-in a few weeks ago and we were all quite excited about that. But it fell through and now we're back to the point where most staff won't even mention the Club's name in front of the owners as they're very touchy about the subject at the moment.

It might be that staff at Ewood are being 'gagged' but it's not the case over here in India. I've just been busy working, travelling, and trying to figure out how to get the family talking to the fans about what's going on.

But at least there was some talking. Now we have nothing being done, and no way of asking why?

How could that possibly be true when Barclays themselves have requested the repayments?! In addition to this....no signings? No problems with money....laughable.

Archived