BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Having read he thread just now and MG's previous posts I reckon he is genuine although there are strange inconsistencies which could be explained if he were trying to confuse his employers as to his identity. Alternatively, one could argue that he's a fraud and these are errors. However, if that's the case he's a well-educated fraud and not your average dingle. The motive for the latter could only be amusement but surely that would wain. The inconsistencies- he's stated quite clearly that he was in attendance at the Wigan game and is an VH employee. That narrows it down somewhat if the Raos were to take interest in finding out who he is. Also he has been over on other trips when the family has stayed in the old Neville house but he himself didn't stay there- ok believable but a bit odd. Even odder - he was at Balaji's birthday bash on the 8th Dec but curiously not invited to the New Year party (but 2000 other folk were!) because he has work to do. He knows (if you believe him) who has access to the wicked witch's cell phone which must be very sensitive information. Use of the British vernacular (Specsavers reference is odd(ish) but explainable if he visits the UK as often as he makes out and was educated here.

So in my opinion he either is a fraud (but a good one) or he is very high level Venkys or Rao family and trying to cover his tracks a little whilst trying to balance convincing folk on here. He isn't a middle manager working in an office with 50 other folk as he tried to make out.

If this is utter ######-apologies. Just been watching Sherlock!

Come on MG - am I close?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'specsavers' thing is explainable by the fact that they are a company that is not just in the UK, but in several countries around the world (although not, it would seem India). Any well travelled person may have become familiar with the brand.

http://www.specsavers.com/

However, to echo a previous post, who cares whethers he's genuine or not ? If you think he's not, then just ignore him. If you think he is genuine or at least partly genuine(which I do - after all, what plonk would waste his time doing all this 'for fun' - his posts clearly demonstrate that he is not an illiterate idiot), then we might as well tell him what we think, and hope that, wherever he may sit in the food chain (no pun intended) he gets a sense of how the supporters percieve the owners, and if there is any way, either by himself, or through channels, that he can express that to them, than than can only be a good thing. If they misunderstand our culture and depth of feeling about this, it might help to show them how they might go about repairing the damage.

Why would Venkys want to find out who he is? After all he's come accross as their little poodle

He really hasn't. He's come on here to provide us with as much information as he can and has agreed with us that some of their decisions have been wrong and they have made mistakes. He hasn't made excuses for them anywhere or made up answers where he genuinely doesn't know.

Having read he thread just now and MG's previous posts I reckon he is genuine although there are strange inconsistencies which could be explained if he were trying to confuse his employers as to his identity. Alternatively, one could argue that he's a fraud and these are errors. However, if that's the case he's a well-educated fraud and not your average dingle. The motive for the latter could only be amusement but surely that would wain. The inconsistencies- he's stated quite clearly that he was in attendance at the Wigan game and is an VH employee. That narrows it down somewhat if the Raos were to take interest in finding out who he is. Also he has been over on other trips when the family has stayed in the old Neville house but he himself didn't stay there- ok believable but a bit odd. Even odder - he was at Balaji's birthday bash on the 8th Dec but curiously not invited to the New Year party (but 2000 other folk were!) because he has work to do. He knows (if you believe him) who has access to the wicked witch's cell phone which must be very sensitive information. Use of the British vernacular (Specsavers reference is odd(ish) but explainable if he visits the UK as often as he makes out and was educated here.

So in my opinion he either is a fraud (but a good one) or he is very high level Venkys or Rao family and trying to cover his tracks a little whilst trying to balance convincing folk on here. He isn't a middle manager working in an office with 50 other folk as he tried to make out.

Come on MG - am I close?

also most of his posts are around morning/miday, which would make sense if hes in pune due to them being 5-6 hours ahead of us, so id assume hed be finishing work(were he claims to post from) whilst we are having lunch.

shame hes being targeted for abuse by the usual small group of dingle minded folk that pollute this forum, come on mods do your job, please.

MG several people I know, like and respect have confirmed you are genuine so I'm happy to accept their word on this despite the inconsistencies in your posts in relation to your position etc.

I feel the root of the problems Rovers face is the contradictory nature of the Rao family statements and actions. At the time of purchasing the club several assurances and commitments were given, the Pune 9 received other encouraging information and in the soon to be published accounts very strong commitments to the club and town are made.

In the first two instances all but one assurance has been ignored or reversed and we await with interest action on the statements made in the public accounts.

For these reasons supporters no longer believe the Rao family's words as their actions fail to support the words. Consequently people like yourself, trying to explain things and seen to be associated with the Raos, are subject to equal doubt.

The club is relegated now. No amount of money or new management in January will prevent this unless the team can improve results two fold, starting with Fulham. It isn't going to happen.

We need your employers to understand this. We need them to react now and prepare for relegation and next season's promotion campaign. Leaving this till the summer will be too late - AGAIN!!

Personally I wish I'd never heard of Venkys, it will take years to win back my trust. One enormous step to achieving this would be to grasp the nettle, begin to act like responsible owners and show us actions not words.

I run a tiny but successful business. All our management understand when problems arise hiding from them is not the answer. Put the problem on the table, discuss it, reach a decision and then act on that decision. Surely the Raos understand this? It's simple business acumen.

John Williams always believed the key to a well run club was success on the pitch. It's still true today, do the Rao family understand this?

One of the biggest criticisms of Venky's and the Rao's could have been avoided if they'd followed one of John Williams actions, don't say ANYTHING until the deal is done. That goes for transfers, managerial removals/appointments etc. If they'd kept their mouths shut, the huge mistrust and accusations of lies etc would not be happening now and the fans would not be so negative about Venky's. I wonder if they're going to learn that lesson?

They genuinely care etc etc

MG can be genuine for all it matters but if he continues to post rubbish like this then he is going to wind people up.

Please show me how they care ?? What have they done for our football club ??

MG several people I know, like and respect have confirmed you are genuine so I'm happy to accept their word on this despite the inconsistencies in your posts in relation to your position etc.

I feel the root of the problems Rovers face is the contradictory nature of the Rao family statements and actions. At the time of purchasing the club several assurances and commitments were given, the Pune 9 received other encouraging information and in the soon to be published accounts very strong commitments to the club and town are made.

In the first two instances all but one assurance has been ignored or reversed and we await with interest action on the statements made in the public accounts.

For these reasons supporters no longer believe the Rao family's words as their actions fail to support the words. Consequently people like yourself, trying to explain things and seen to be associated with the Raos, are subject to equal doubt.

The club is relegated now. No amount of money or new management in January will prevent this unless the team can improve results two fold, starting with Fulham. It isn't going to happen.

We need your employers to understand this. We need them to react now and prepare for relegation and next season's promotion campaign. Leaving this till the summer will be too late - AGAIN!!

Personally I wish I'd never heard of Venkys, it will take years to win back my trust. One enormous step to achieving this would be to grasp the nettle, begin to act like responsible owners and show us actions not words.

I run a tiny but successful business. All our management understand when problems arise hiding from them is not the answer. Put the problem on the table, discuss it, reach a decision and then act on that decision. Surely the Raos understand this? It's simple business acumen.

John Williams always believed the key to a well run club was success on the pitch. It's still true today, do the Rao family understand this?

Well said Paul, as has often been remarked, how do these people run a successful business in India? What they're doing/have done in the UK would result in any sort of business, let alone a football club, going belly up. I really can't think of one sensible business decision : every single decision has not just been wrong but seems to have purposely caused harm.

Come on MG - am I close?

Yikes - This thread moves fast.

The Neville house - Lots of rooms filled by friends. I wasn't needed. He has staff living there as care-takers/PA's year round.

New Year Party - I must've been unclear... I was there, but not as a guest. I was one of the many staff (so no drinking).

Not so much who has Mrs. Desai's cell number, so much as I know many people who are higher up the company food chain than SK who don't have it. Every person I've ever spoken to who has called her has had to go through her secretary. (plus I've heard SK on the phone to the brothers and they then discuss things with Mrs.D.

But yes - you're close. :)

They genuinely care etc etc

If asked, I can only give my opinion. I was asked so that's what you got.

also most of his posts are around morning/miday, which would make sense if hes in pune due to them being 5-6 hours ahead of us, so id assume hed be finishing work(were he claims to post from) whilst we are having lunch.

shame hes being targeted for abuse by the usual small group of dingle minded folk that pollute this forum, come on mods do your job, please.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Just got a new Blackberry so can post a bit more regular now.

MG, being so close to the Venkys can you answer me this...

How rich actually are they?

With company profits around 10M per year, do they have a vast personal wealth as well as that? 10M per year split between three doesn't seem very much, has the company been going through a bad patch?

Unfortunately I think they have now swung 180 degrees in the other direction from the initial bold statements and claims. Now they're not saying anything at all. They're probably saying to themselves, "We talk and they complain. We stop talking and they still complain."

They need to hire a top PR person who can sieve out all the wheat from the (mostly) chaff, and then they can talk all they want to him/her and that person can pass on anything worthwhile to all of you.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that we're certain for relegation. A competent new manager would give us a fighting chance.

I really don't know why they've kept SK on for so long. If he was a manager in any of their other departments he would've been gone long ago. I can only hope that they're now waking up to the fact that he's dragging the team down (and the Venky's brand along with it) and that they'll be far more cautious when it comes to taking advice from agents in the future.

One of the biggest criticisms of Venky's and the Rao's could have been avoided if they'd followed one of John Williams actions, don't say ANYTHING until the deal is done. That goes for transfers, managerial removals/appointments etc. If they'd kept their mouths shut, the huge mistrust and accusations of lies etc would not be happening now and the fans would not be so negative about Venky's. I wonder if they're going to learn that lesson?

As I said above... It seams that they have. And now they've taken it too far.

Unfortunately I think they have now swung 180 degrees in the other direction from the initial bold statements and claims. Now they're not saying anything at all. They're probably saying to themselves, "We talk and they complain. We stop talking and they still complain."

They need to hire a top PR person who can sieve out all the wheat from the (mostly) chaff, and then they can talk all they want to him/her and that person can pass on anything worthwhile to all of you.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that we're certain for relegation. A competent new manager would give us a fighting chance.

I really don't know why they've kept SK on for so long. If he was a manager in any of their other departments he would've been gone long ago. I can only hope that they're now waking up to the fact that he's dragging the team down (and the Venky's brand along with it) and that they'll be far more cautious when it comes to taking advice from agents in the future.

As I said above... It seams that they have. And now they've taken it too far.

Is there any signs that they are realising that he needs to go and ASAP.

If they do this and quickly alot of open wounds will begin to heal between the fans and them, do they realsie that?

MG, being so close to the Venkys can you answer me this...

How rich actually are they?

With company profits around 10M per year, do they have a vast personal wealth as well as that? 10M per year split between three doesn't seem very much, has the company been going through a bad patch?

Venky's probably doesn't pull in huge amounts of cash. Our parent company Venkateshwara Hatcheries Limited (VHL) does. The amount of poultry produce we sell throughout Asia is vast (something like 40,000,000 eggs per day). The Tech deals we have with companies in other countries make VHL the 4th biggest poultry company in the world (if memory serves).

Their personal wealth is kept pertty close to their chests. But yes, I do imagine that it is significant. They have lots of fingers in lots of pies, in lots of countries.

They went through a bad period 2007 thru 2009 - The bird flu epidemic. I'm led to believe that they took a pretty big hit in both company and personal finances through that.

MG.

Is there any signs that they are realising that he needs to go and ASAP.

If they do this and quickly alot of open wounds will begin to heal between the fans and them, do they realsie that?

They know. I know the that at least one of the brothers has been eager to get rid of him for a while now. SK's win ratio surely speaks for itself to the others.

They know. I know the that at least one of the brothers has been eager to get rid of him for a while now. SK's win ratio surely speaks for itself to the others.

Do they also realise that most managers will not even contemplate coming to a club until the current manager has left. If they sack Kean, then they will have more applicants for the job, if you know what I mean.

Can't say I'm 100% convinced yet but the consensus seems to be to tolerate MG for now. So, I've noticed in your chain of threads, MG, that you use the words 'hope' and 'hopefully' rather a lot. Surely you and the Rao family realise that Premiership football clubs can't and indeed mustn't be run on hope. The fickle hand of fate is not to be trusted; you have to at least try to manage your own destiny - and act quickly.

I say 'Hope' because I really do want things to improve for the club and for the company (I'll ask for a wage rise at the end of our final game if we somehow manage to stay up). Unfortunately I don't make the decisions, so being 'hopeful' is the best I can do.

Do they also realise that most managers will not even contemplate coming to a club until the current manager has left. If they sack Kean, then they will have more applicants for the job, if you know what I mean.

I can only guess that they don't want to leave the club managerless - Even for a short time. But at the moment I'd agree that nothing is probably better than something.

Archived