BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jon stead for £8 million

• Backroom

How is that disrespectful? Wouldn't you rather win a cup with Rovers than say the Premier League with Newcastle?

Ofc I would. But I wouldn't tell the national press out of respect for the fact I had the chance to get such a medal in the first place.

I think it's just nice to show respect. Different if the club wronged you in some way, mind :P

Again, I don't think it's disrespectful to celebrate against an old team. You're revelling in the fact you've scored for your current employer. It's nothing personal.

• Backroom

Duff kissed his badge though the little scrote.

Edit - not sure it was a goal against us mind, think this nostalgia has got me confused. But he was definitely kissing the chelsea badge within days of joining 'em.

That wouldn;t bother me, unless he was doing it to taunt Rovers fans.

I think it's just nice to show respect. Different if the club wronged you in some way, mind :P

It's rubbish. If a club deems you not good enough and gets rid then it's nice to prove you are good enough. Alternatively if a new club is prepared to pay you more money then loyalty should be transferred to them. Clapping the home crowd at the start and/or finish is fine but to not celebrate doing what you are paid for is rubbish. Any player who thinks otherwise should aim all attempts at the corner flag. Sentimentality is for losers.

• Backroom

I also don't get this not celebrating against former teams business

Don't go all Adebayour but the player should only be thinking about doing his best for his current team not worrying about hurting the feelings of a few sensitive folk in the crowd

I find the whole celebrating/not celebrating totally meaningless as well. Not celebrating seemed to be on the wane until a few seasons ago, then all of a sudden its back in fashion and most players over the past year or 2 haven't done it against former teams. And that's all it is, a fashion, or an instruction from some outside influence (agents, club PR experts). Just like when England players were told to start singing the national anthem again.

I seriously doubt many players care about the crowd sensibilities of their former clubs, and why should they is my opinion. Fans are very fickle in deciding whether to care about them, ex-Rovers players who have achieved worthy things at the club have been booed because they've gone onto something better (e.g. Sherwood), whilst if its us that tossed them out they've received a hero's welcome (e.g. Savage).

Fair play if a player doesn't celebrate, but personally I think I actually prefer it if they do. When we concede my instant emotion is anger, its very easy in that state to feel patronised or insulted by a player acting like its no big deal that they've scored against us. At least by celebrating they're giving an indication that its an accomplishment and so are deeming us difficult opponents.

Must say if I'd been hounded by the Ewood 'jury' as the likes of Sherwood / Carsley / Neill / MGP / Andrews have experienced I'd celebrate like hell ...... before hiring a lounge at Turf Moor for an evening champagne celebration!

Guest Norbert

True. I did feel sorry for Andrews for example. He was pretty useless but at least he gave it his all despite the boos. And people complain about Murphy turning up to get his payslip?

Brian Law didn't do to much celebrating when he scored and relegated Manu, was he being loyal to his current employer, City, or disloyal to his ex employer

Dennis!

If Brian (Laws) ever dreamed of playing centre forward for Man City and scoring the goal that relegated Man U he'd better wake up and apologise!

Archived