BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feed the homeless in Ramadan

I don't give a @#/? about my hair or skin colour tbh. Its prob unfashionable in these times not to make something work in your favour but I dont hide behind it, capitalise on it or manipulate anyone with it and I don't expect anybody else to. I was teased as a kid but so what? It's completely natural for kids to pick on all sorts of things to create a them and us tribal situation and adults are just kids only bigger. So whatever colour or shape anybody is just get on with it cos you can do sweet FA about it even if you wanted to. The only one who appears to have tried was Michael Jackson and he was a nut job and ended up looking and acting like one.

Ginger haired people aren't discriminated against! just teased a little(usually just harmless banter) most people have something about them that they're teased about a little, get over it.

in many countries being ginger is actually considered to be quite special(I think china is 1)

FFS Stop crawling TJ. It's too late to make amends now .......

..... ya racist bstard! :lol:

Some great points made and, while I understand the history, I really don't see why there SHOULD be any difference.

Being ginger haired is not protected in law for discrimination. Yet "race" (usually defined by skin colour - accepting Paul's comments) is.

I'm inclined to agree with SKH. If skin colour is protected by discrimination laws, so should hair colour.

Correct Stuart. They are both a result of our genetic coding over which we as individuals have no control. No doubt if we had a choice at birth there wouldn't be any ginger or black people would there and we wouldn't need all these stupid discrimination laws would we?

Or.....Rather we would cos then human beings would have to pick on shoe sizes or rh / lh individuals. Discriminate is what we do whether we like it or not, it's part of our human psyche whether we admit it or not.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't give a @#/? about my hair or skin colour tbh. Its prob unfashionable in these times not to make something work in your favour but I dont hide behind it, capitalise on it or manipulate anyone with it and I don't expect anybody else to. I was teased as a kid but so what? It's completely natural for kids to pick on all sorts of things to create a them and us tribal situation and adults are just kids only bigger. So whatever colour or shape anybody is just get on with it cos you can do sweet FA about it even if you wanted to. The only one who appears to have tried was Michael Jackson and he was a nut job and ended up looking and acting like one.

FFS Stop crawling TJ. It's too late to make amends now .......

..... ya racist bstard! :lol:

Wait till it's dark then strike, you Ginger Ninja !

Black/Asian/Muslim people aren't discriminated against! just teased a little(usually just harmless banter) most people have something about them that they're teased about a little, get over it.

Can you imagine the outrage if you had posted that instead? Even harmless banter is seen as racism if it's in regard to certain groups of people.

The missus watches Coronation Street. Have you seen the massive issue that has been made by Dave Lister about what was meant as a bit of 'harmless banter' between mates?

I look forward to the day when everyone "get's over it" but at the moment it doesn't work both ways, unfortunately.

Correct Stuart. They are both a result of our genetic coding over which we as individuals have no control. No doubt if we had a choice at birth there wouldn't be any ginger or black people would there and we wouldn't need all these stupid discrimination laws would we?

Or.....Rather we would cos then human beings would have to pick on shoe sizes or rh / lh individuals. Discriminate is what we do whether we like it or not, it's part of our human psyche whether we admit it or not.

I don't trust left handed people, they're sinister...

Can you imagine the outrage if you had posted that instead? Even harmless banter is seen as racism if it's in regard to certain groups of people.

The missus watches Coronation Street. Have you seen the massive issue that has been made by Dave Lister about what was meant as a bit of 'harmless banter' between mates?

I look forward to the day when everyone "get's over it" but at the moment it doesn't work both ways, unfortunately.

That's just ridiculous, those people/groups are discriminated against world wide so I wouldn't say that!

That's just ridiculous, those people/groups are discriminated against world wide so I wouldn't say that!

So you choose who you have banter with and would refrain if it was a black or Asian person but be happy to if they were ginger? That's what I'm saying.

The point I'm making, that you've illustrated, is that even 'harmless banter' isn't tolerated (ironic) by certain groups. It's always treated as racist - even if it isn't intended as such.

Somewhere there's a poor ginger haired boy or girl being bullied because of their hair colour but that is simply classed as bullying.

And so it should be, but for all, regardless of colour, race and creed. However, whenever (non-white) skin colour us involved it's labelled "racially motivated".

Ginger haired people aren't discriminated against! just teased a little(usually just harmless banter) most people have something about them that they're teased about a little, get over it.

in many countries being ginger is actually considered to be quite special(I think china is 1)

Well I don't know how in touch you are with today's youth but I think you're very wrong with the harmless banter description. A little while back there was a "punch a ginger" group launched on facebook that attracted millions of members. I'm sure as football fans we're all aware of the moronic minority that always attach themselves to large scale groupings, and I'm pretty convinced that group will have caused hundreds, if not thousands, of ginger haired kids to be physically attacked. That's just one example of a tidal wave of popular culture that has gone past harmless banter in persecuting people with ginger hair.

I don't think anyone is quite sure where the lines are drawn regarding what's prejudiced and what's banter, but personally I'm pretty sure popular view doesn't deserve to draw them. Popular view says its ok to insult someone for being ginger or jewish, but its appalling to insult someone for being black or muslim. Popular view where this issue is concerned is hypocritical, illogical nonsense. You've gone from snarling the line "horrible, arrogant, biggoted persona, just a total waste of intelligence" about one form of discrimination to dismissively telling people to "get over it" about another form. And have done this in a matter of posts. To me that's a perfect example of how much ingrained absurdity there is to this topic.

I have more sympathy for the view of say what the hell you want about literally anything and damn those who take offence than I do for this view of catering to the popular dos and donts.

Well I don't know how in touch you are with today's youth but I think you're very wrong with the harmless banter description. A little while back there was a "punch a ginger" group launched on facebook that attracted millions of members.

I tried to hit Christina Hendricks and ended up with a restraining order.

Well I don't know how in touch you are with today's youth but I think you're very wrong with the harmless banter description. A little while back there was a "punch a ginger" group launched on facebook that attracted millions of members. I'm sure as football fans we're all aware of the moronic minority that always attach themselves to large scale groupings, and I'm pretty convinced that group will have caused hundreds, if not thousands, of ginger haired kids to be physically attacked. That's just one example of a tidal wave of popular culture that has gone past harmless banter in persecuting people with ginger hair.

I don't think anyone is quite sure where the lines are drawn regarding what's prejudiced and what's banter, but personally I'm pretty sure popular view doesn't deserve to draw them. Popular view says its ok to insult someone for being ginger or jewish, but its appalling to insult someone for being black or muslim. Popular view where this issue is concerned is hypocritical, illogical nonsense. You've gone from snarling the line "horrible, arrogant, biggoted persona, just a total waste of intelligence" about one form of discrimination to dismissively telling people to "get over it" about another form. And have done this in a matter of posts. To me that's a perfect example of how much ingrained absurdity there is to this topic.

I have more sympathy for the view of say what the hell you want about literally anything and damn those who take offence than I do for this view of catering to the popular dos and donts.

Nice try SKH but it's a waste of time........ I'll quote it in full but I doubt it'll do any good. Are you aware of how many on here will only be able to see that as a blank page? It will be a hell of a long way back to a state of common sense.

Everyone is obsessed with race, the Coronation street storyline is a perfect example

..... and I never knew "play the white man" is a racist remark.

Just to reply to the point SKH makes. I agree all abuse or insulting behaviour is wrong. In a discussion in my view it negates everything the individual has to say on the subject. If one has to resort to abuse your argument is lost.

To repeat though as people keep missing it skin colour is pigmentation and not genetic. Red hair is genetic. Massive difference.

Really, Paul?

People's hair can change its shade when exposed to sunlight. The hair and the skin are closely related.

A person's skin colour is surely part of their genetic inheritence, surely?

Not that any of this matters as we've now gone from an islamic initiative to feed the homeless, to cannibalism of the impoverished to gingerism to racial profiling in Corporation Street.

This thread's @#/?.

• Backroom

Yeah right the 'Mrs' watches it, pull the other one you can't get enough of Corrie

Ps my mrs 'makes' me watch it as well :P

theres nothing discuss, you just change the goal posts when your wrong(skh is talking about kids bullying each other now, that's a whole different issue and isn't the same as adults having a bit of a pish take with each other)

Jeez you're @#/? hard work.

When you run out of arguments you just duck the question and make it personal. Don't worry it's a weakness a lot of people on this board share.

Or maybe im really just not intetested in the discussion, my initial post was just pointing out that calling somebody ginger isnt the a racial slur(as theno was making it out to be) of course it is bullying though if its used in a negative aggressive way.

..... and I never knew "play the white man" is a racist remark. Just to reply to the point SKH makes. I agree all abuse or insulting behaviour is wrong. In a discussion in my view it negates everything the individual has to say on the subject. If one has to resort to abuse your argument is lost. To repeat though as people keep missing it skin colour is pigmentation and not genetic. Red hair is genetic. Massive difference.

Ok Paul...... So two black people living and working in the Arctic circle have 10 children and bring them all up there..... How many of the family will have white skin?

theres nothing discuss, you just change the goal posts when your wrong(skh is talking about kids bullying each other now, that's a whole different issue and isn't the same as adults having a bit of a pish take with each other)

'Give me the boy of seven and I will show you the man'...... Jesuit.

Ok Paul...... So two black people living and working in the Arctic circle have 10 children and bring them all up there..... How many of the family will have white skin?

Presumably 10.

I've done a lot of reading on this and now realise what I previously understood about skin colour was wrong. I had always understood Melanin controlled skin colour, which it does, but it seems the level and type of Melanin an individual produces is controlled by a number of genes inherited from both parents. So it's the Melanin production which is genetic which then influences the skin colour.

Which just goes to show I can live and learn!

Presumably 10. I've done a lot of reading on this and now realise what I previously understood about skin colour was wrong. I had always understood Melanin controlled skin colour, which it does, but it seems the level and type of Melanin an individual produces is controlled by a number of genes inherited from both parents. So it's the Melanin production which is genetic which then influences the skin colour. Which just goes to show I can live and learn!

So back to the subject and effectively there is no difference in taking the p1ss out of gingers or blacks. In fact peel back the skin and there is no difference apart from the odd sickle cell and blood group.

btw "presumably 10"??? :rolleyes: The correct answer is none.... unless an albino turns up. Which is the same amount of kids with black skin that I could sire with a fair skinned woman even if we'd lived on the equator all our lives. Have you never heard the old saying 'You can take a pig out of a sty but it's still a pig.' ? I think you need to read all the way back to Mendel's pea plants and start over. :tu:

Archived