BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spearing OR Bannan

• Backroom

Either but most likely neither

I think Spearing may be a better player overall but Bannan is more in line with what we need, Williamson and Etuhu could both be decent in the holding role we just need each one fit half of the time which will probably never happen but even them we have Lowe and Marrow as cart horses just nobody that can pass the ball apart from Dunn who we won't get many games from

If i had to choose id take spearing

but id love our midfield top consist of both sign 1 loan the other? ;)

We would probably need to buy both, because if Spearing was to go on loan it would surely be to Bolton again,

and it appears Villa want rid of Bannan altogether.

Would be a good midfield at this level, can't see it happening.

....but neither want to come. Whilst both would improve us, I'd rather have players who give a sh1t & want to pull on that blue & white shirt. If their demands are too high or they'd (Spearing) rather play for Bolton, then let's move on & find someone else.

....but neither want to come. Whilst both would improve us, I'd rather have players who give a sh1t & want to pull on that blue & white shirt. If their demands are too high or they'd (Spearing) rather play for Bolton, then let's move on & find someone else.

Just to be clear...Spearing a definite no for me, doesn't want to come so let him rot in Liverpool reserves. Bannan, the jury's still out because he hasn't actually said he doesn't want to come - may be more his agent.

We'll see.

Agree 100%

Due to the toxic reputation we have thanks to Venkys disasterous ownership, any half decent player will avoid us like the plague. We'll be left to pick from journeymen, damaged goods, and those of questionable motivation.

We used to be the kind of club a young Liverpool squad player thought would be a good move to further their career.

We've now dropped our interest in Bananna Man. Which actually means he wants paying a fortune to sully his reputation by coming to Roves.

Are you watching Venkys?

Can i just say that Spearing not wanting to come is just speculation at this time...he hasn't said that and this rumour was started by Nicko who's information is about as reliable as a hand brake on a canoe!!

Bannan by all accounts wants to come but there is a financial issue. We don't know what that is but I'm not sure why people are so upset with either player!

My take on them is that BOTH players would improve us and so until such time as one of them says they don't want us I'd take either or both gladly!!

Why can we not go for Bannan and Spearing? Especially if, as some are like to believe, Venkys have cash they are willing to use

Because we don't have that cash.

Another question: without the benefit of hindsight come the close of the window with these 2 deals struggling would people rather:

a) have brought Jones - not as good, but a guaranteed body in who adds something to the team?

B) ignore Jones as we have, in the hope of getting better, and risk the chance of not adding anyone in to centre mid?

Archived