BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Have we got our Rovers back?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we do have our Rovers back simply because if you look at this forum we've spent more time talking about the team and possible transfers than we have what's happening in the background.

True. But give it a few weeks before venkys sack bowyer appoint no one for 5 weeks and shabby rises in triumphantly on the back of an elephant. Petrol meet fire. We're never more than a few days from complete crisis with them.

Are we right to feel optimistic?

We've got a great couple of kits IMO, stability with Gary Bowyer and his team, seemingly no idiots behind the scenes and a squad which looks capable with a couple of creative additions of making a successful promotion challenge. Is it time to perhaps relax a little and get back to enjoying our football, win lose or draw?

I'm only quoting this as it's the OP and sums up the grounds for optimism.

I've only seen the Forest game and don't intend to comment on the other matches other than I don't think results are good enough.

Against Forest we were dull and lifeless, a very average team which will bumble along threatening nothing in particular. Giving up our chance in the cup was especially stupid. There was a little chance of some excitement.

If the five teams below us avoid defeat today we will be bottom. Far too early to discuss relegation but it already looks a long way to climb the table, too far for this squad.

Yep I like the new away strip, the home one looks smart enough.

I find it difficult to understand how a decent shirt is any grounds for optimism though. Average team, average manager = average club, at best.

I've only seen the Forest game and don't intend to comment on the other matches other than I don't think results are good enough.

Against Forest we were dull and lifeless, a very average team which will bumble along threatening nothing in particular. Giving up our chance in the cup was especially stupid. There was a little chance of some excitement.

If the five teams below us avoid defeat today we will be bottom. Far too early to discuss relegation but it already looks a long way to climb the table, too far for this squad.

I find it difficult to understand how a decent shirt is any grounds for optimism though. Average team, average manager = average club, at best.

Paul, you've used a bit of poetic licence regarding the strips!

I started the thread based on hope and relief that a sense of normality was prevalent behind the scenes and we could enjoy our football once again as a united fan base win, lose or draw as it used to be. We have a manager who, although unproven, certainly bleeds blue and white as we all do.

Agnew and Singh gone, along with most of the other parasites.

Perhaps it was a false dawn, who knows. What is certainly apparent is our signings are second rate compared with what we've become accustomed to or when even being realistic about our current status. I feel a tad sorry for GB because ultimately he can only sign what he's permitted to sign and I'm pretty certain that neither Pep Guardiola nor Jose Morinho could polish a turd!

Pep and Jose would know to play to Rhodes strength and not isolate him. They would of made at least one change at half time .

HeNot popping at bowyer but he's another wrong man in charge.

Abbey, I wholeheartedly agree with you but got to say who would you play up top with Rhodes?

The options have all been tried and are crap IMO. The best option for me was Rochina but that's been snatched away. What next?

Also the spine of any team is where any manager should start which is what worries me.

Kean looks shaky and lacking in confidence, Hanley looks ok but Dann is chasing both shadows and apparently a move, central midfield is ineffective in either a defensive or attacking capacity and up top Rhodes is not a lone striker's cousin but can score for fun given the opportunity.

Abbey, I wholeheartedly agree with you but got to say who would you play up top with Rhodes?

The options have all been tried and are crap IMO. The best option for me was Rochina but that's been snatched away. What next?

Also the spine of any team is where any manager should start which is what worries me.

Kean looks shaky and lacking in confidence, Hanley looks ok but Dann is chasing both shadows and apparently a move, central midfield is ineffective in either a defensive or attacking capacity and up top Rhodes is not a lone striker's cousin but can score for fun given the opportunity.

I think I am picking up GB may be a bit to close to the players, bit like Kidd was

I think Gary's decision to field a weakened team in the Cup was a big mistake.

It was an opportunity to get a win, build confidence and get a feel good factor going.

The Cup exit left a hangover and from Gary's point, put him under immediate pressure.

I think I am picking up GB may be a bit to close to the players, bit like Kidd was

You could be right Yoda, as was Tony Parkes, which is why he couldn't hack it as a manager long term but was ok as a short term fix.

As in any walk of life, it's a difficult transition from being 'one of the lads' effectively to being the gaffer, where on occasions you have to pillory one of your previous 'mates'.

It may be too early to pidgeon hole GB into any category and I sincerely hope he's able to make the transition.

You could be right Yoda, as was Tony Parkes, which is why he couldn't hack it as a manager long term but was ok as a short term fix.

As in any walk of life, it's a difficult transition from being 'one of the lads' effectively to being the gaffer, where on occasions you have to pillory one of your previous 'mates'.

It may be too early to pidgeon hole GB into any category and I sincerely hope he's able to make the transition.

This is the point I made when the clamour to give him the job was gathering pace.

Totally different proposition being permanent manager, a lot more to it and much greater pressure.

Let's hope GB comes through but it's already looking tough, especially with these trigger happy owners and their advisers.

Paul, you've used a bit of poetic licence regarding the strips!

Yes I know. :)

Tried to be clear I was only using the post as it does sum up well the reasons for optimism. Not to have a dig at yourself.

Sadly from the game I've seen and other results the team doesn't match the optimism. That's my only point.

I think we probably do have our Rovers back - lets top it off with Ripley or Wilcox joining the coaching staff.

Also maybe sign Myles back - that stain will never leave my memory but some fans are just pure thick. One day it will come out in the wash.

I think we probably do have our Rovers back - lets top it off with Ripley or Wilcox joining the coaching staff.

Also maybe sign Myles back - that stain will never leave my memory but some fans are just pure thick. One day it will come out in the wash.

Please elaborate has to why we "probably have our rovers back"

This is nothing like how we have been over the last say 40 years . Owned by morons .

Abs - the stupidity of the thread title says it all, we've been royally ruined.

Corruption, and conflict of interest, on a minor scale but long lasting at the same time.

@#/?s and worse to come still yet I reckon.

Abs - the stupidity of the thread title says it all, we've been royally ruined.

Corruption, and conflict of interest, on a minor scale but long lasting at the same time.

keans and worse to come still yet I reckon.

I agree with that

Guest Norbert

Next season could be awful, with all the financial restrictions coming into effect. Especially if we don't get rid of half our squad.

Archived