BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England v Scotland

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very simple. Welbeck showed what a good player he can be, and Rooney came on and set two goals up, the second assist a peach.

This National team are more than capable of getting to Quarter Finals of major competitions, and with good fortune further. Are they one of the very top international teams? No. Are they a good National Team who can expect moderate success in Major competitions? Yes.

Your damning assessment of very good players was nonsense.

Todays respective performances by RVP, Wellbeck and sub Rooney in Swansea v Man Utd illustrated exactly what we are up against in trying to compete with the top nations at international level. Men v boys imo.

No, that game showed that as per, you were talking nonsense. Nice try with the attempted save of face before somebody else picked that crap apart.

It's very simple. Welbeck showed what a good player he can be, and Rooney came on and set two goals up, the second assist a peach.

This National team are more than capable of getting to Quarter Finals of major competitions, and with good fortune further. Are they one of the very top international teams? No. Are they a good National Team who can expect moderate success in Major competitions? Yes.

Your damning assessment of very good players was nonsense.

I would go further and say over paid prima donnas

The FA should be much more forward thinking and consider the future of the national team.

Plough much more of the 5.5 billion tv money back into grass roots football.

After all does anyone really think that Johnny Foreigner plying his trade in The Premier League or his multitude of hangers on would know the difference between £100k and £170k a week? It must be a real drag only earning £5 million a year!

Reinvest in OUR national game whilst the opportunity is there financially to do so.

If Wellbeck wants to be seriously regarded as Englands CF then he should be 1st choice at his club. If that means leaving MU and signing for Villa or Everton or Spurs then so be it. It's the way he'll develop best.

national game whilst the opportunity is there financially to do so.

The decline of Scottish football is alarming or hilarious

Scottish fans would probably say the same thing about the state of the England team. England do however almost always qualifying for major tournaments, even if they have been rotten at the last four or five of them.

If Wellbeck wants to be seriously regarded as Englands CF then he should be 1st choice at his club. If that means leaving MU and signing for Villa or Everton or Spurs then so be it. It's the way he'll develop best.

Have you been on the rum? Welbeck leaving MU and going to Villa would enhance his chances of playing more regular for England?

This National team are more than capable of getting to Quarter Finals of major competitions, and with good fortune further.

The second round is probably the best that can be hoped for. That's when most teams in and around England's level, like the Denmarks and Paraguays (all perfectly respectable football nations may I add) of this world come undone.

Have you been on the rum? Welbeck leaving MU and going to Villa would enhance his chances of playing more regular for England?

Sparky, Wellbeck being first choice at MU with Van Persie at your disposal is never gonna happen as you well know. I do think he will learn a lot playing with VP though which would bode well for England.

Theno's suggestion was just @#/? IMO.

That said, if he did go to Villa, I'd take either Bentecke or Agbonlahor or both to partner Rhodes! Perhaps as a makeweight in the transaction King could become a Villa ball boy!

I think the main problem with the England players who are coming through at the moment is that although they play for top clubs they can't get a game when it really counts so have very limited experience of playing in big games. Better to pick players who play for lesser teams who do get the chance to test themselves against the best on a weekly basis rather than benchwarmers at top clubs.

:lol:

Yeah, because STARTING at Man Utd every week, playing in the Champion's League, and learning from the WORLD'S TOP PLAYERS isn't going to benefit half as much than leading the line for Villa/ Everton. Idiot.

Well Theno you've inspired me with your witty comments today so after some contemplation and consideration I think it's time to take Lancs United to a new level and fix the home nations issues in one fail swoop.

GB United anyone?

It just makes sense, because....

;)

If only we'd had Ryan Giggs and now Gareth Bayle at our disposal!

Yeah, because STARTING at Man Utd every week, playing in the Champion's League, and learning from the WORLD'S TOP PLAYERS isn't going to benefit half as much than leading the line for Villa/ Everton. Idiot.

Keyboard warrior mode again I see. You really need someone to put you on your arse and teach you some manners.... Come out with that to my face and I could just be your redemption batman.

However, moving on I'll try to give you reasons in a civil manner so that you have the opportunity to learn how it can be done.

The lad who stood out most on wed, who led the line best and got himself into positions to have scored a hat trick does play for a mid/ lower Prem league team for which he scored 15 times in the Prem last season. Wellbeck on the other hand even though he was playing for MU with all those top players around him scored just once! He should have been watching that match at home on the tele. Truth is he wouldn't even have made my England 2nd X1.

With both you and professional footballers it's all about the right and wrong attitude. Think on laddie.

You bring up some decent points, why you feel the need to call fellow posters idiots is beyond me, you lose all credibility because of it.

You bring up some decent points, why you feel the need to call fellow posters idiots is beyond me, you lose all credibility because of it.

Thank you Gav. However one prem goal all last season IS the salient point Gav.... not all that schoolboy guff about being surrounded by wordies. :rolleyes:

Could be quite a good quiz question actually.... "how many players lead England at centre forward after scoring just once the entire previous season?"

Keyboard warrior mode again I see. You really need someone to put you on your arse and teach you some manners.... Come out with that to my face and I could just be your redemption batman.

However, moving on I'll try to give you reasons in a civil manner so that you have the opportunity to learn how it can be done.

The lad who stood out most on wed, who led the line best and got himself into positions to have scored a hat trick does play for a mid/ lower Prem league team for which he scored 15 times in the Prem last season. Wellbeck on the other hand even though he was playing for MU with all those top players around him scored just once! He should have been watching that match at home on the tele. Truth is he wouldn't even have made my England 2nd X1.

With both you and professional footballers it's all about the right and wrong attitude. Think on laddie.

Oh dear. This is a chap who constantly tells people they need to "toughen up," and "not take things to heart" that are said on here. Then counters me calling him an "idiot" by suggesting he would "put me on my arse." Delicious irony.

However, if by the "lad who stood out the most" you mean Lambert, then this is laughable. Yes, he stood out for one pathetic attempt at a finish where he hit it straight at the keeper, then for slicing a sitter onto the post. He scored a header from a corner ffs. All this against a team of a quality MUCH lower that the level he plays against week in week out. In one year we'll have forgotten all about him, because he's a Championship striker enjoying his 'Kevin Davies' early thirties renaissance.

Danny Wellbeck is at the best club in the world for him to develop, and is playing week in week out. For you to even think that playing for Villa/ Everton is of more benefit to him, or the country, then I'm afraid there is only one way to describe you. But, you won't like it...

It's an internet message board ffs. As I think the 'laughing smiley' indicated, I was hardly spitting venomous fire as I said it. Jesus, I think we all call our mates worse things when they make ridiculous points.

1. I'm not your mate.

2. You really do need to show some respect.

No doubt we all will forget lambert in a year or two but as I said for the time he was on he led the line best of the three.

How about the alternative view.... No doubt you'll struggle to get your head around this but do you think if Wellbeck played for Soton and scored just one goal all last season that he would have got anywhere near to the England squad?

He plays quite regularly at Utd but it's mostly on the wing isn't it?

If he is you're main striking hope for the future (and as a Scotland fan I hope he is ^_^) then maybe Theno has a point about him playing as an out-and-out striker at a lesser team.

Or would it be just like his loan spell at Sunderland when he scored 6 goals in 26 games?....Probably yea.

Tbh, Sturridge is twice the player imo, yet I feel he is barely mentioned in an international context. I take it he must have been too injured/unfit to make the squad because if he was just left out then that's criminal.

You need that Plan B type of striker and there's not too much difference between Carroll and Lambert imo. Apart from Carroll being younger and therefore a better option in the long run.

The echoes for Lambert's inclusion were just like Grant Holt's the season before. Carroll could turn out to be a useful striker but I can't really see Lambert making too much of a difference once your game against Portugal goes to extra-time.

1. I'm not your mate.

2. You really do need to show some respect.

No doubt we all will forget lambert in a year or two but as I said for the time he was on he led the line best of the three.

How about the alternative view.... No doubt you'll struggle to get your head around this but do you think if Wellbeck played for Soton and scored just one goal all last season that he would have got anywhere near to the England squad?

Here's an even wackier one for you, one I doubt you'll manage to fathom; if he wasn't a very good player do you think the greatest manager of all time would have picked him week after week in a team that won the title at a canter, and in big matches such as the Champion's League Quarter Final vs Real Madrid?

As for respecting you- more often than not you come across as condescending, swarmy, and very occasionally as a casual racist. Won't be getting much respect from here.

I agree with Theno... I know lol.

Welbeck would be no where near the England team if he had scored one goal for Southampton last year.

He will be dropped soon enough for United with Rooney, RVP and Chicarito in the squad.

Sinclair, Johnson, Sturridge, are a few examples of players staying at the biggest clubs and going backwards in their careers where the best thing would have been to develop their games at a mid level Pl team.

So you choose not to answer my question?

I agree with Theno... I know lol.

Welbeck would be no where near the England team if he had scored one goal for Southampton last year.

He will be dropped soon enough for United with Rooney, RVP and Chicarito in the squad.

Sinclair, Johnson, Sturridge, are a few examples of players staying at the biggest clubs and going backwards in their careers where the best thing would have been to develop their games at a mid level Pl team.

Thank you imy. I believe Batman is what the Rolling Stones called a starKeaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjxoZdWblI

Archived