BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Third Division Here We Come (aka the Relegation thread)

Said it at the start of the season we will be inconsistent this year. One of the youngest teams in the division, novice manager, new team. If we fire GB what next? We have a large squad that needs trimming we don't need more upheaval. Let's see where we are at after ten games.

Well said.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too to gavs post.

Well said.

But but but how long do you give him if he's not up to it.. It's all well and good saying keep him but if he's not up to it ...

That's on the normal world not the brain dead retarded world of the arrogant clueless chicken nuggets.

Me too to gavs post.

But but but how long do you give him if he's not up to it.. It's all well and good saying keep him but if he's not up to it ...

That's on the normal world not the brain dead retarded world of the arrogant clueless chicken nuggets.

Difficult to say how long do you give him. . . . as imy9 says lets see where we are at after 10 games.

I think the real problem is that whoever we have as manager will have to deal with the skid-marks that own us and the r'tards they have employed - Shaw. Desperately trying to stay positive - we looked good for periods in the Derby game - but like most I am finding it more difficult every week.

Maj - fair point though i am only comparing the start of this season to the start of last season. Miracles tend not to happen but i feel that there is an improvement there.

Abbey/Gav/BW - rochina is our taraabt. With him in the team it felt like we had a link between midfield and attack. Without him (or someone in that position) we rapidly fall too deep and create a huge gap between central midfield and strikers/wingers when attempting to go forward which gives the initiative to the opposition. Against donny it should have been Dunn doing the "rochina" job but he is not up to it. Rochina isn't "the saviour of our season" but he is a player that can do what very few others in this league can and can decimate the opposition - causing them to be more cautious and ourselves to be more attackminded. Problem is that without him in the team we are bogstandard ordinary.

Personally at this point i would go "Sam" style - Best up front with Dunn or Judge behind him and 4 midfielders holding a line just inside our own half. If we dared i would change this against "lesser" teams to Best/rhodes & king/taylor up front with 3 tough midfielders and play longball.

As it is Bowyer needs to screw his principles for the next 10 games and get some points on the board. I see 2 ways of doing this: as above Sam style or fantasty football style - play all out attack and aim to win 5-4! :wacko:

Said it at the start of the season we will be inconsistent this year. One of the youngest teams in the division, novice manager, new team. If we fire GB what next? We have a large squad that needs trimming we don't need more upheaval. Let's see where we are at after ten games.

+1

Really need to settle down and let GB get on with the job.

At least this season, the media are talking about the mediocrity of our performance and not the insane clowning at the club anymore.

Maj - fair point though i am only comparing the start of this season to the start of last season. Miracles tend not to happen but i feel that there is an improvement there.

Abbey/Gav/BW - rochina is our taraabt. With him in the team it felt like we had a link between midfield and attack. Without him (or someone in that position) we rapidly fall too deep and create a huge gap between central midfield and strikers/wingers when attempting to go forward which gives the initiative to the opposition. Against donny it should have been Dunn doing the "rochina" job but he is not up to it. Rochina isn't "the saviour of our season" but he is a player that can do what very few others in this league can and can decimate the opposition - causing them to be more cautious and ourselves to be more attackminded. Problem is that without him in the team we are bogstandard ordinary.

He's our Darren Anderton

Absolutely no point getting shot of GB and replacing him with another novice. As novices seem to be the only people this circus will consider we might as well stick with what we've got no matter how bad it gets. Also, with no proper club structure any manager would fail.

On the one hand they can't bear to watch what's happening and have nothing but miseries to post, but on the other hand still have that deep interest for a club they've supported for most of their lives.

What are they supposed to do as regards this m/b?

Ps. You should post more yourself.

I don't post often as, to be honest, I'm really not interested in the spiral conversations that permeate virtually every thread. Its hard work enough being a Rovers fan, but being a Rovers fan on here is almost impossible at times! :-)

What do you expect when the club lurches from one crisis to another, a seemingly never ending spiral of poor decisions and crass management that have led us from the the middle of the Premier League to the foot of the second division in three short years ?

I'd be the first to welcome any positive signs of progress and have expressed the hope that Bowyer will turn out to be if not a managerial genius then at least more competent than his predecessors. However having seen the squad he has assembled play pre-season and in two of our league matches I'm not that hopeful. Results tell the whole story.

This is just another case of shooting the messenger. I'm sorry if you don't like the fact we could be relegated (and as I stated I sincerely hope this thread can consigned to the dustbin) but fans are entitled to discuss the possibility it could happen.

If you want to be positive why not open a Premier League Here We Come thread ?

You've deliberately misrepresented what I was talking about; you are too intelligent to have done so inadvertantly - indeed your earlier reply demonstrated a more reasoned response. You know full well I'm not talking about unbridled (and misplaced) optimism, just that a significant portion of regular posters on here, do appear to wallow in the mire of doomladen fatalism. This predated Venkys... but they have splendidly provided the rationale for selfjustification of this particular philosophy by their mismanagement of the club we all love.

This predated Venkys... but they have splendidly provided the rationale for selfjustification of this particular philosophy by their mismanagement of the club we all love.

That suggests that some people are happy with what Venkys have done because it means they can have a good moan.

I'm pretty sure that no-one's happy about that part and that most fans would be happier with PL football and PL quality players - even if just to moan about them! :D

So, are we really that bad?

We drew at Derby but deserved more. They went & beat Brighton at their place.

We lost to a late goal versus Forest where we arguably deserved a point. They went & smashed Bolton 3-0.

We lost to Doncaster 2-0 away from home. They are now 2 up at Wigan.

Wigan, Bolton, Brighton....all fancied for promotion. Clutching at straws maybe, but it proves what an unpredictable league this is & that team spirit and continuity is a big part of the success criteria (see Hull).

Clutching at straws maybe, but it proves what an unpredictable league this is & that team spirit and continuity is a big part of the success criteria (see Hull).

As is a proven successful Championship manager...

I don't post often as, to be honest, I'm really not interested in the spiral conversations that permeate virtually every thread. Its hard work enough being a Rovers fan, but being a Rovers fan on here is almost impossible at times! :-)

You've deliberately misrepresented what I was talking about; you are too intelligent to have done so inadvertantly - indeed your earlier reply demonstrated a more reasoned response. You know full well I'm not talking about unbridled (and misplaced) optimism, just that a significant portion of regular posters on here, do appear to wallow in the mire of doomladen fatalism. This predated Venkys... but they have splendidly provided the rationale for selfjustification of this particular philosophy by their mismanagement of the club we all love.

Which part was misrepresented ?

Talking about relegation after three games admittedly may be premature, but the signs are not good in terms of results and the squad from what I have seen is even weaker than last year. I don't see why it should be seen as "fatalism" to discuss it - or are you suggesting we stick our head in the sand and pretend it won't happen ?

Conversely, I don't think you starting a Promotion thread would be "unbridled optimism". Bowyer might turn it around, in which case your stance would be vindicated. Give it a try - you might be pleased at the response.

• 7 months later...

I believe we are now mathematically safe from relegation due to fixtures between the teams below us. (Unless we have points deducted for administration.)

Is it too early to start next years relegation thread, or does that honour have to go to jim mk2 if he is pardoned from his ban?

I believe we are now mathematically safe from relegation due to fixtures between the teams below us. (Unless we have points deducted for administration.)

Is it too early to start next years relegation thread, or does that honour have to go to jim mk2 if he is pardoned from his ban?

Well that's something I guess. Wouldn't have suprised me if we had been relegated again even with the largest squad in world football.

Jim has been banned? I wondered where he had gone. What happened to blue and white army?

Archived