BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Third Division Here We Come (aka the Relegation thread)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems a decent fella just doesn't appear to have the gift for management.....winning management. The last 4 managers haven't had it either. I think he will go shortly and the clowns will appoint another mug unable to get the winning formula.

Squad needs strengthening, some players need to go permanently into the reserves (Lowe King Kane).............but with a Darren Ferguson type and the utter miracles he has done on a shoestring we should not be relegated, I fear danny murphy will come back as manager

Is this the last season of quite decent parachute payments? (ie £8m+). Wonder if they'd be inclined to spend a bit in the remaining 2 weeks to try and get that juicy TV deal the prem clubs have just signed, or whether they'll sell off the family silver and discard the empty husk when we don't go up?

Would anyone accept a Venky-less, but League 1, Blackburn Rovers? I'd prefer a Premier League Rovers even if it was Venkys who owned us, obviously, but I would accept a League 1 / Championship yoyo team without any of the incumbent parasites we currently have, if it meant we had a team that tried and a board we could trust.

Is this the last season of quite decent parachute payments? (ie £8m+). Wonder if they'd be inclined to spend a bit in the remaining 2 weeks to try and get that juicy TV deal the prem clubs have just signed, or whether they'll sell of the family silver and discard the empty husk when we don't go up?

Would anyone accept a Venky-less, but League 1, Blackburn Rovers? I'd prefer a Premier League Rovers even if it was Venkys who owned us, obviously, but I would accept a League 1 / Championship yoyo team without any of the incumbent parasites we currently have if it meant we had a team that tried and a board we could trust.

I'd accept conference if venkys go and we start again

Did anyone really think we would have 9 from 9?

Look at the signings on top of an already weak squad. We're not even a pig with lipstick. I honestly think we're weaker then last year. Nothing excites me about this team. Some of our experienced players are yet to find their level since falling from the premiership.

Gutted

I honestly think its tougher to get out of the championship then it is to stay in the premiership. Any who is going to get us there in the current squad?

I really hope next May someone reminds me of this post and wipes my nose in it but I just dont think we have the quality or the mentality to do anything positive in this league.

The End

Is this the last season of quite decent parachute payments? (ie £8m+). Wonder if they'd be inclined to spend a bit in the remaining 2 weeks to try and get that juicy TV deal the prem clubs have just signed, or whether they'll sell off the family silver and discard the empty husk when we don't go up?

Would anyone accept a Venky-less, but League 1, Blackburn Rovers? I'd prefer a Premier League Rovers even if it was Venkys who owned us, obviously, but I would accept a League 1 / Championship yoyo team without any of the incumbent parasites we currently have, if it meant we had a team that tried and a board we could trust.

I think the parachute payments over 4 seasons 16m,16m, 8m, 8m., so this season last of the 16m but did we not borrow against it last season?

You would think any sensible owner would want a piece of the Premier League gravy train wouldn't you ? certainly seemed to be the plan to get out of it and the spotlight it brings as quick as possible for whatever reason and the on paper owners seemed quite happy with it by keeping the lip licking reptile and the spiv running the show.

So now the lunes seem to be flying solo might just take a little more than a last ditch splurge to be playing in the Champions League in the 2015/2016 season, hope Blingy has not booked his flights. Just hope they don't turn to the stars of the "How to buy a football club" documentary for advice

£16m this season then 2 @ £8m.

I posted something the other day about them gambling for the minimum pick-up of £63m in the Prem next year.

Who knows with this lot, depends who they are listening to at the moment.

Yes I do. RevidgeBlue among them

Yawn.

Well I did warn everyone we were dying a slow lingering death with no investmenr under the Walker Trust. People may or may not agree with that view but what can't be disputed is they didn"t want us, starved us of investment during the latter stages of ownership and eventually as it turned out recklessly sold us down the river to parties with no previous experience of running a sports franchise who have either hastened or caused the decline depending on your point of view.

As for a relegation thread after 3 games - pathetic jim.

No no no ... the caveat needs to be added that any new owners would have the best interests at the club at heart and dare I say perhaps part-ownership by the supporter's trust.

Other than that, we could be off-loaded to a bunch of shuysters who'll just finish the damn job off.

Be careful what you wish for.

That was S... Look at the players we've signed Rhodes apart since the purpose relegation and who we've let go, sold, etc

This summers are worse than every players released by notts county, loaners from hull FFS

Another novice manager etc

Look at last year if we'd gone for Holloway

This whole circus is one big scam and has been since November 2010

That was S... Look at the players we've signed Rhodes apart since the purpose relegation and who we've let go, sold, etc

This summers are worse than every players released by notts county, loaners from hull FFS

And look at the teams around us who haven't signed much better than us.

At the end of the day we've signed what? 11 players? They need time to gel together and learn about eachother.

I've never played professionally but I've played enough to know that it takes time for everything to click when you have so many new players and the difference to last year is these players are ready to fight.

Said it at the start of the season we will be inconsistent this year. One of the youngest teams in the division, novice manager, new team. If we fire GB what next? We have a large squad that needs trimming we don't need more upheaval. Let's see where we are at after ten games.

No no no ... the caveat needs to be added that any new owners would have the best interests at the club at heart and dare I say perhaps part-ownership by the supporter's trust.

Other than that, we could be off-loaded to a bunch of shuysters who'll just finish the damn job off.

Be careful what you wish for.

How high do you think that would appear on their agenda should the Venkymob choose to offload the club Bryan?

Cue Chadster outside St' James' drunkenly screaming RHODES AINT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!! NOT HERE!!!!! NOWHERE!!!!!!

:lol:

Now that's funny!!

OK, for the third time in three seasons but never before in August, this is where we discuss if we are going down again.

I wouldn't normally start one this early but one point out of 9 and a desultory defeat at Doncaster points in only one direction I'm afraid.

With a squad full of cheap Championship scufflers and yet another inexperienced manager in charge can anyone see how we are going to stay in this division ?

Usual caveats apply, would be only too pleased if we go on a barnstorming run from here and this thread can be consigned to the dustbin.

Good point well made Jimbo.

Said it at the start of the season we will be inconsistent this year. One of the youngest teams in the division, novice manager, new team. If we fire GB what next? We have a large squad that needs trimming we don't need more upheaval. Let's see where we are at after ten games.

Spot on

GB has done well with team spirit now he needs some leaders to step up

I'd rather have league 1 winners than premiership losers. Also those hull lads were promoted last year. Team need time to gel.

Often there are very fine margins between winning and losing. How many games last season did Rhodes get 1 chance n scored a winner or equaliser? Plenty...it's just not happened for him. Didn't berg manage 10 games and only win 1? Still believe we have one of the best defences in the league, if we had one outstanding midfield player it would make the whole team tick, I really believe that, this year in midfield we have hard working players but seriously lacking quality! Also players need time to gel, at least 5-10 games. Have some faith, it could be worse ! We could have easily been playing wolves in league 1. This season is all about surviving and finishing midtable!

Archived