SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Happy Birthday from Rovers

Stuart

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great post Stuart, but I must ask:

Unless you have to provide ID, now that you have the ticket can't you just give it to someone else? In the same manner I took someone to Watford (a scouse Rover called Pete who sounded like a sheep when booing the ref).

That goes against the conditions of sale though , Mike. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUART

Too late now Maj! :P

It does, but everybody does it :unsure:

So "everybody" does it... Rovers are encouraging it...

Maybe it's time they removed it from their terms and conditions and stopped adding it to the small print in emails...? :tu:

• Backroom

So "everybody" does it... Rovers are encouraging it...

Maybe it's time they removed it from their terms and conditions and stopped adding it to the small print in emails...? :tu:

You know what I mean though. Why let a spare ticket go to waste, when someone else can get the pleasure of seeing Rovers at Ewood?

You know what I mean though. Why let a spare ticket go to waste, when someone else can get the pleasure of seeing Rovers at Ewood?

Don't let Hugh catch you saying that, he'll be gutted!

What stand is this valid for? I got the same email (birthday two days after the Charlton match) and I am pretty tempted to take them up on the offer.

Think it's any mate.

The ticket office number is 0871 222 1444. Quote "birthday offer".

Did the email also include a 15% off in the store code?

pearl_jam_no_code.png

It just says to print the email off and take it in to the shop, Tom. Maybe the use your season ticket number to avoid transferring the voucher. (The 15% doesn't apply to shirts though).

So I've received an email from Rovers wishing me a happy birthday and kindly offering me a free ticket to any first team Rovers match at Ewood in October.

It says in the small print that the ticket is "personal and non-transferable".

Very nice of them but considering I'm a season ticket holder this is a pretty empty gesture (at best) and downright stupid (at worst).

It's not as though they don't know this either because my season ticket number is referenced in the email?

Anyone else experienced this? Or am I missing the point?

i'm going to complain because my birthday is during the close season

Stuart surely you can just give the ticket to someone else.

I'll be handing over our STs to a friend for Charlton as I'm away. He won't be taking his passport as ID.

You're all correct of course and I doubt the ticket will go to waste. I'm sure we all lend our season tickets to mates and family when we can't attend, even though they are not transferable per se.

Surely the club shouldn't issue a gift ticket to a season ticket holder in their name and tell them it's for their use only and not transferable. Is my interpretation correct or am I missing something?

Things can't be too bad these days if we're debating such as this rather than.........., I'd rather not go there!

Surely the club shouldn't issue a gift ticket to a season ticket holder in their name and tell them it's for their use only and not transferable. Is my interpretation correct or am I missing something?

Things can't be too bad these days if we're debating such as this rather than.........., I'd rather not go there!

Exactly the point I'm making darrenrover!

And yes, it's a good sign that we can talk about niff-naff stuff like this after recent times. :tu:

• Backroom

That's a joke too. Where we sit you can more or less take your pick, regardless of what it says on your ticket, there's that many empty

True but at least the ticket gets used and the ground filled :)

Archived