BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Donny: 11th January 2014...if only it was 1958!

Why? Please explain Arbitro.

If a player is so badly hurt he needs the game to be stopped and be treated on the field, I think that player should be made to stay off the field for one minute of further match play. It might stop the histrionics and cheats.

I do agree that it is stupid for the injured player to go off after a foul whilst the fouler stays on.

Unless I'm that tired I haven't read your post properly you appear to be completely contradicting yourself here?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this too. Remember him being more positive on the ball at the city game. Think he's had his wings clipped since getting back in the team for sure.

Yes against City Henley much more positive going forward than v Birmingham. This is a tactical error on Bowyer's part.

Against City tactics spot on. V Birmingham and Donny not. Esp when we have two DMs.

Derby

Blackpool

Brighton

Burnley

Bournemouth

Leicester

Ipswich

QPR

Yeovil

Wigan

Not one of those teams will fear coming to Ewood.

Pretty damn sure that Blackpool, Bournemouth and Yeovil will be crapping it actually. The others write us off on our own turf at their own peril. Yes, all of them. Good sides but you can guarantee we will be beating a few of them at least. Don't talk soft.

Pretty damn sure that Blackpool, Bournemouth and Yeovil will be crapping it actually. The others write us off on our own turf at their own peril. Yes, all of them. Good sides but you can guarantee we will be beating a few of them at least. Don't talk soft.

Of course. I'm not going to start worrying about the likes of them anytime soon. The standard is generally poor at this level and there is no reason why we can't be confident against all we play at home.

Of course. I'm not going to start worrying about the likes of them anytime soon. The standard is generally poor at this level and there is no reason why we can't be confident against all we play at home.

By whose yardstick? Half the players playing in the Championship now would have been playing in the Prem 20 years ago, and even more would have been 1st Division (proper) players 25 years ago.

Unless I'm that tired I haven't read your post properly you appear to be completely contradicting yourself here?

Having to go off the field after being injured is a stupid rule.

However, if the rule stays in place, then the injured player should stay off the field for one minute of playing time.

If the injury was caused by a challenge that is deemed to be a foul, the perpetrator of the foul should also go off the field for one minute.

Is that clear?

It's only a proposal for discussion. The current set up is ludicrous.

We'll see.

If Bowyer continues to play the same poor hand we will be found out. Just glad we have an ace in the pack.

Why? Please explain Arbitro.

If a player is so badly hurt he needs the game to be stopped and be treated on the field, I think that player should be made to stay off the field for one minute of further match play. It might stop the histrionics and cheats.

I do agree that it is stupid for the injured player to go off after a foul whilst the fouler stays on.

Because that is the rule. I guess that it is deemed unfair for a team to go down to nine players. If a team were down to nine players for whatever reason and two players went off after receiving treatment strictly speaking the game could not re-start. I presented this scenario to the FA some years ago when the whole treatment of injuries was under the spotlight. A bit extreme perhaps but it could happen.

Archived