BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will you be returning to Ewood?

Whilst I don't have time to research myself.....What is the average drop in attendance due to Premier League relegation to mid-table Championship for teams like us that have stayed up for a while and enjoyed Champagne on beer money? I'm thinking Bolton, Leeds, Leicester, Boro.....Charlton maybe off the top of my head (there's a few of us though)?

Might be interesting to know a round-a-bout average?

Their comes a time when despite everything that's gone on you draw a line in the sand and get back to supporting the club, players and manager. For me that time has now arrived, although I've not been boycotting since Kean was sacked, ive also not been to as many games as I should. The games against City have shown just how far we've come in the past 12 months and I'm looking forward to my first game away in a while on Saturday.

Have I forgiven those idiots in Pune, have I Kean, but I can put that to the back of my mind for now. But if they ever head down the route that saw us appoint that drunk Kean again I'll be the first on the pitch in protest and will boycott once again.

Onwards and upwards I say.

The 1st time we got relegated from the PL the support held up very well,

We had real owners then

That point seems to be lost on our friend from Yorkshire. :rolleyes:

Myself,i had decided to boycott the club during Keanocchio's last full season.The fact that in September the following season i changed my job to one where i work 2 weekends out of 3 made the decision easier.Getting relegated had nothing to do with it and had the club been run properly,i would have bought a season ticket to show support for a board that gave a toss about the club.Sadly i still don't think they do although there is a definite improvement but i think that is purely down to them keeping their gobs firmly shut!

By the way hats off to the magnificent rovers support at the council ground last night,you would have thought Rovers were the home support! :tu:

• Moderation Lead

Sam has a point, but he's also a massive troll, and he just loves his knock a door run style of posting.

At any rate, I never went away, and although there has been a semblance of stability this season under GB, I'm taking nothing for granted, and taking every game at a time....

Going back a few decades we were totally in the doldrums. We were really struggling after being relegated from the old Division Two into the third tier of English football for the first time. Nothing went right in the new season and before long we were down amongst the bottom teams. We played lowly Shrewsbury Town away one Saturday afternoon and we got battered either 7-1 or 7-2. Believe me that result was an all time low for the Rovers in my opinion.

The following Saturday we were at home to Rochdale. I was there to see Rovers win 3-0 and turn a little corner.

Anybody else think I'm a fair weather fan ? To Sam Dingle- Don't bother replying to this matey, your opinions don't count for anything.

I didn't buy my season ticket when Kean was allowed to continue after very nearly relegating us. As soon as he was sacked I returned and have been there ever since. The difference this season is that even when we lose, I still enjoy supporting the team on the pitch because I feel they are trying their hardest to win. Yes, there are mistakes made. Who doesn't make mistakes? But at least they feel like honest mistakes.

There's still a lot wrong at Ewood, but there is more right than there was, and so I'll be there at as many games as possible for as long as the club is there to support.

Sam has a point, but he's also a massive troll, and he just loves his knock a door run style of posting.

At any rate, I never went away, and although there has been a semblance of stability this season under GB, I'm taking nothing for granted, and taking every game at a time....

No he doesn't and you should know better, history tells a different story :glare:

• Moderation Lead

No he doesn't and you should know better, history tells a different story :glare:

I've only been posting on here for circa 3 years, and I'm calling it as I've seen it in that time, happy to have a history lesson if I'm THAT far wide of the mark though....

I too gave up my season ticket after 30 years the season before we were relegated. I could not see any way to show my disgust at what was going on other than to stop going. Nothing in the next two seasons convinced me to purchase a season ticket. I went to the odd match but nothing had changed.

This season however something has changed at the club, the environment seems to be happier so I've bought a season ticket at Christmas. I'm beginning to enjoy watching football again. I know many on here have had a go at Bowyer for being negative but in the games since Boxing Day I've not seen it. That's including the Wednesday game. Maybe its having a manager in charge who is not been down the same tired route but the football is better to watch than a lot that has been served up at Ewood in years. know many will slate me this but at times it has been better to watch than the relative successful calculated football served up by Messers Allerdyce and even Hughes [not all of it, as the season with Bellamy was exciting]or the none football of Kean, Berg and Appleton.

Sam,I'm not convinced in the end promotion will be achieved but at least we see Rovers players aiming for that. With that in mind, I don't think you can call me a glory hunter.

Archived