BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will you be returning to Ewood?

I'd be interested to see if those fans who have boycotted home games because of the way the club has been run over the past few years will be returning to Ewood Park. Or will your boycott continue until Venky's have gone?

It makes such a huge difference having a good atmosphere. The noise from the Rovers fans last night was incredible as it often is for away games. The home atmosphere always seems quiet.

There is definitely a better atmosphere at the ground these days - and the last couple of matches there has been a noticeable increase in the volume of the support (though slow to get going). I think the fans appreciate the hardwork that Bowyer and the players are showing at the moment - for the first time since Venky's took over - there is a feeling of togetherness about the place.

As for last night - watched on telly - couldn't concentrate on the match for the noise from the Rovers fans - and unbelievable effort even when we went 5-0 down. If we could repeat that at home - especially considering the teams we have left to play at home - it could be worth a few extra points come the end of the season.

Ok I have been on 2 or 3 games this season but really, what has changed?

We haven't sacked a manager for 9 months or so and Shebby has been locked up in an asylum somewhere but other than that...

A couple of poor results and the manager may well be gone.

Debt is still spiralling out of control.

The Ewood operation is still being run by incompetents in the main and lacke staff in important positions.

The club is unable to deal with issues which arise (example Campbell)

Whist relegation is unlikely promotion is unrealistic given performances.

The squad is still overblown.

The owners are never-present.

Administration is the likely outcome in March or worse in May then we can all start again without having to be insulted by Indian fools.

The heart of the club has gone and will be hard to replace. Even the vast majority of those going on now seem to be spectators rather than fanatics, hence the quiet.

Ok I have been on 2 or 3 games this season but really, what has changed?

We haven't sacked a manager for 9 months or so and Shebby has been locked up in an asylum somewhere but other than that...

A couple of poor results and the manager may well be gone.

Debt is still spiralling out of control.

The Ewood operation is still being run by incompetents in the main and lacke staff in important positions.

The club is unable to deal with issues which arise (example Campbell)

Whist relegation is unlikely promotion is unrealistic given performances.

The squad is still overblown.

The owners are never-present.

Administration is the likely outcome in March or worse in May then we can all start again without having to be insulted by Indian fools.

The heart of the club has gone and will be hard to replace. Even the vast majority of those going on now seem to be spectators rather than fanatics, hence the quiet.

With fans like you we don't need enemies. You are not a fan so don't post on here and put off real supporters.

The stench of corruption that I couldn't stomach has virtually gone and been replaced about the place by a welcome breath of clean air Plastic Head, credit to someone at the club for that. Unfortunately there is still a doomwatch scenario waiting in the wings.

If you got back in the Prem, all talk of boycotts, Venkys and the rest of it will be forgotten.

The 'boycott' kicked in when you went down, it'll be forgotten if you went up. You've amused yourselves with talk of conspiracies and fraud, but people stop going when you aren't in the Premier League, same as every other club in the land.

Lose to Forest on Saturday and the 'Venkys Out' thread will pop up to the top of this board.

If you got back in the Prem, all talk of boycotts, Venkys and the rest of it will be forgotten.

The 'boycott' kicked in when you went down, it'll be forgotten if you went up. You've amused yourselves with talk of conspiracies and fraud, but people stop going when you aren't in the Premier League, same as every other club in the land.

Lose to Forest on Saturday and the 'Venkys Out' thread will pop up to the top of this board.

Not with me it didn't cos I'd baled out the year before sam.

Had we stayed up and Kean had stayed as manager then i still think a good few thousand would have boycotted the next season even in the Prem. Such was the depth of feeling against him and the whole stink about the place. Anyway if you lot scrape up this season you'll be finding out about the whole crowd thing for yourselves within 12 months... AGAIN !

So you are saying the Venkys out thread will not be at the top of this board on Saturday

I totally get SDs point, in that the premier league brings out the glory hunters, and to be fair I have little time for people's "excuses" for not attending matches anymore .....but....there are two things that cannot be denied:

1 rovers have reached the very top, fans of this generation have seen us win, are you reading this Liverpool fans, Tottenham fans, Everton fans,,,,,,,, win the premier league. We averaged 25k or so when we won the league so now a league lower and being at about 60% of that isn't too bad

2 the media coverage of the corruption going on at ewood for two seasons centred on the fans protesting rather than on the perpetrators, rather they are allowed free reign on sky sports to peddle their bile. That winds people up. A lot!

Anyway, we are back heading in the right direction and its good to see what is happening on the pitch and to not hear any @#/? about off the pitch stuff.

By the way, the football might not be anywhere near as good as in the prem, but fighting to stay in the prem is a little soul destroying season after season, I enjoy the unpredictability of the championship if not the poor refereeing standards.

I totally get SDs point, in that the premier league brings out the glory hunters, and to be fair I have little time for people's "excuses" for not attending matches anymore .....but....there are two things that cannot be denied:

1 rovers have reached the very top, fans of this generation have seen us win, are you reading this Liverpool fans, Tottenham fans, Everton fans,,,,,,,, win the premier league. We averaged 25k or so when we won the league so now a league lower and being at about 60% of that isn't too bad

2 the media coverage of the corruption going on at ewood for two seasons centred on the fans protesting rather than on the perpetrators, rather they are allowed free reign on sky sports to peddle their bile. That winds people up. A lot!

Anyway, we are back heading in the right direction and its good to see what is happening on the pitch and to not hear any kean about off the pitch stuff.

By the way, the football might not be anywhere near as good as in the prem, but fighting to stay in the prem is a little soul destroying season after season, I enjoy the unpredictability of the championship if not the poor refereeing standards.

The 1st time we got relegated from the PL the support held up very well,

We had real owners then

Oh there's a dingle game coming .. Bore off .

It will be you sprouting crap throughout the build up then in hiding again for months whilst you lick your mummy's wounds . Boring predictable Samantha waffle is predictlbe .

It's got shag all to do with you what rovers fans do .

Kean off you dingle kean

I'd be interested to see if those fans who have boycotted home games because of the way the club has been run over the past few years will be returning to Ewood Park. Or will your boycott continue until Venky's have gone?

It makes such a huge difference having a good atmosphere. The noise from the Rovers fans last night was incredible as it often is for away games. The home atmosphere always seems quiet.

Well personally i have never been away.

However, i have to confess that the excitemnet and buzz of going has been drained away under Venkys to the point of infuriating me when Shebby arrived on the scene.At that point i seriously thought about chucking it.The fact i still go is a sense of loyalty to the team i was brought up to support by my dad who sadly is no longer with us.Its what some Blackburn townsfolk and supporters probably do through good times and bad.I can well understand those that have tossed it on one side and once done that is incredibly hard to reverse.

This season the ship has been steadied and there are a number of promising youngsters out there doing their best and playing for the shirt.Its not their fault they aren't Alan Shearer/Chris Sutton or Craig Bellamy etc.But all the time you watch, you sense the whole crowd have turned up out of a sense of duty to spend some time with a sick friend.On the field its a brave face for now and theres even a glimmer we could be in the play off hunt....but only a glimmer.But the fact that the patient is sat up in bed smiling occasionally doesnt change the fact that underneath the exterior there is a life threatening disease. Unless a miracle happens we have to be on course to lose at least another £25million this year, the bloated squad still looks ridiculous on a wages basis , the board is non existent(do we even have a Karen Silk replacement??) and we have owners who have no idea what they are doing and never come near the place.Shebby still taking £8k a week out of our gate money still p1sses me off enormously.

And the question i can never get away from is why? totally self inflicted with no plan,no communication and care not one jot for the fans.

So when i ask the surgeon what the prognosis is for this particular patient and he says ''its hard to comment because we don't know if there's a cure. We just have to take each day as it comes '' then its hard to get enthused about the future.

So you just keep going to visit in the knowledge that one day soon your very close friend might not be around.

And thats why i still go to Ewood.

I'd like to see what would happen to your support after 2-3 years under the worst owners in English football. Our average gate over the two seasons we were in Division 1 previously were around 22-23k.

I would thoroughly recommend returning to any fans thinking about it. Loving my trips to Ewood this season - good atmosphere, promising young team and manager, overpaid mercinaries leaving, hungry players arriving.

Oh no!

not more Dunnies

:D

Not a surprise but the question was asked so here goes

Still no inkling. England muppet national team, sky hype, sam, kean, venkys, overpaid useless players, age, cynisism, the world beyond the borders of the shire, etc etc have all take their toll on my love of the game. Though I'm still glued to my mobile device for score updates as I still want the team to win every game

I went the 3 games directly post Kean but they took the p*ss out of us all again, so I decided that once the owners have gone I'll keep the in law company once more, but until then I won't give the rat b'stards a single penny.

Flawed logic? Maybe, but there you have it. Call me out but it's just water off a ducks back.

The only thing that has changed is we have a semi-sensible manager (he blots his copybook with his toadying use of 'madame' and willingness to unnecessarily crawl to Pune at the click of his/her fat fingers) other than that the Rats from Pune are still there and so is that incomprehensible shelf muppet.

Watched the City game and frankly only Cairney was worth paying to see.

Still way behind even the squad we had in the mid to late 80's

Archived