BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mad March

Following on from a great result today, we have 7 games in March, three home, four away starting with Notlob next weekend. It also includes the top two at home. Surely this is where a strong squad is needed. Dingles is paper thin, but they continue to win. Evans back a bonus, hope Cairney is ok. So what do we think......play offs tantalisingly close, but Wigan have momentum, and the top five are quite a way away.

Never a better time to do a NW double & kick on!

We've all been saying that all season though Ben. Started off with 'they've only played the weaker teams' then it was 'their squad is too small to compete past Christmas' but they have continued to win games, and to win games well. The game against them at out place will be really tough. Need Cairney back for it. Also a good game for Dunny

quote name="Ben-2000" post="1489848" timestamp="1393091945"]

Dingles are bound to hit a sticky patch soon... let's hope we can contribute towards that on 9th.

I asked a dingle a question yesterday. How many injuries have you had...

Answer

"Only serious injury this season has been Ross Wallace! Marney missed 4 weeks and other than that just niggles!"

I asked because I was listening to radio lancs and they said burnley team was unchanged for the sixth consecutive game.

My conclusion is that because they have had a consistent squad they have done so well.

Now you look at our squad and I remember at one point we had 10 injured.

Name a player that hasnt been injured this season?

Dyche knows his best 11 so that is an advantage too. Stability and understanding help the consistency.

I still cannot name Rovers best starting eleven, despite the injury disruption, as performances have been inconsistent all the way through the season.

Kane, Henley, Taylor, King, Dunn, Williamson, Lowe and Rhodes have had real runs of low form yet been really good in the odd game.

Grant Hanley I never know when he is going to tw@t someone and get sent off like at WIgan. That was a key incident in us losing momentum this year.

Anyone know the ticket info for Bolton next week? Is it sold out?

I've tried going on OneRovers but it just logs me out whenever I try to choose quick seats.

edit - (obviously not sold out looking at the Mad March thread)

Dyche knows his best 11 so that is an advantage too. Stability and understanding help the consistency.

I still cannot name Rovers best starting eleven, despite the injury disruption, as performances have been inconsistent all the way through the season.

Kane, Henley, Taylor, King, Dunn, Williamson, Lowe and Rhodes have had real runs of low form yet been really good in the odd game.

Grant Hanley I never know when he is going to tw@t someone and get sent off like at WIgan. That was a key incident in us losing momentum this year.

I think I could name our best 8 or 9 - Robinson, Henley, Killgallon, Hanley, Spurr, Evans, Cairney, Lowe, Rhodes - you then have choices between Conway, King, Marshall, Gestede and Dunn. For me the key part of our season was the Hanley sending off at Wigan - and the Evans injury (all at same time) - the team was starting to really gel. Overall we have been very unlucky with injuries - with players like Marshall, Evans and King all picking up injuries when they were playing at top form.

I tried this in December and failed, but here goes....

Bolton a: 1 point

Dingles h: 1 point

Bournemouth h: 3 p

Huddersfield a: 0 p

Leicester h: 1 p

Watford a: 1 p

Millwall a: 3 p

10 from 21, probably nowhere near where we need to be, just think it's a huge month and despite a great result at Reading, we are just too inconsistent - of course it could all be different but I still believe we are not good enough to make the PO's. I hope the manager & players prove me wrong!

I tried this in December and failed, but here goes....

Bolton a: 1 point 1 pt

Dingles h: 1 point 3 pts

Bournemouth h: 3 p 3

Huddersfield a: 0 p 3

Leicester h: 1 p 1

Watford a: 1 p 0

Millwall a: 3 p 3

10 from 21, probably nowhere near where we need to be, just think it's a huge month and despite a great result at Reading, we are just too inconsistent - of course it could all be different but I still believe we are not good enough to make the PO's. I hope the manager & players prove me wrong!

14 from 21 for me !

March and April is where you often see a couple of teams come from nowhere to fire into the playoffs / automatic promotion spots. remember Reading a few years ago? They where mid table but hit form at exactly the right time.

On the flip side, this is also the time when some teams free fall into a relegation dog fight.

Not sure where Rovers fair in all of this other than I think we will maintain a top half position. 2 defeats in 13 (i think) gives us all an idea that the team is moving in the right direction. Only just over 2 months left of the season but yet a load of games left to play. It's certainly all to play for when a team like Reading go and turn QPR over and then Rovers beat them and keep a clean sheet.

Bolton: 3 points

Burnley:1 point

Bournemouth: 3 points

Huddersfield: 3 point

Leicester: 0 points

Watford: 1 point

Millwall: 3 points

Optimistic, but that's probably what I'd go for too. Play offs look very possible if we can get a points haul close to that.

Archived