BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Does anybody in the MillHill area recognise this Fella?

https://www.facebook.com/PendleDogsInNeed

11115607_361158297421590_684643866714370

11096395_361158314088255_522038662265217

11081073_361158307421589_524969035863502

Someone must be missing this lovely boy.

Yesterday we collected this dog from the dog pound. He is microchipped but no details registered.

This boy is so lovely and well mannered and has so obviously been well loved by someone and we feel he's possibly been lost by a elderly person who just doesn't know where to look for him.

Found on the 19th March on New Wellington st Mill Hill Blackburn wearing a new looking collar.

Has anyone seen him being walked in that area?

We don't want to try and find him a new home until we are sure that we've tried everything to find his old owner. He's such a sweet natured perfect lad somebody just has to be missing him.

Please share to help him home xx

Please could all facebook users(especially those living around mill hill, Ewood etc..) 'share share shrare!'

lets get this good old boy home to his owner/s

thanks

david

(please please no bs)

• 2 weeks later...

well Bruce's owners weren't found, so he's now been assessed(he's perfect, trust me) and is available for adoption, anybody that thinks they can offer this fella a good new home can do so via 'Pendle dogs in need' (http://www.pendledogsinneed.co.uk/) once a home check has been done.

he's a very friendly, affectionate and smart dog, he loves to play fetch and go for walks, he's perfect around the house, fine with cats, he's shown no signs of aggression at all he's healthy and middle aged.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.364497577087662.1073742130.121950948008994&type=1

11116467_1574925942784776_71116717451802

I've only got the finance's and other things to keep 1 dog long term and I've really got my heart set on having a retired/rescue greyhound as my next permanent dog, bruce will be with me and treat like he's my own until suitable new owners are found to adopt him. I also I work full time and can only manage to get home for a quick dog walk around the block at lunchtimes and that's not really ideal for Bruce, he needs a little more attention and exercise during the day, he's to smart and sensitive to be left alone most of every week day without him starting to get a little doggy depressed.

I'm pretty certain a couple of weeks of spoiling and pampering from a new owner would be enough for him to bond with them as much as he has with me.

What a shame, seems a perfect dog from what you have described, I did send the link to my Daughter who lives in Mill Hill and is often about walking her dogs and she asked a couple of people but nobody knew it. Hope he gets new owners soon

on completely different note!!!!

earlier today I found some scummy, disgusting excuse for a human had placed this in the grass on the slopped part of the playing field next to 'the manxman'(which is now the 'animal trust vets')-20823_1578261792451191_26417337369839490

if that's not a purpose made device intended to seriously mutilate some harmless dog(or even a child playing), its a nice appetising(to a dog) well chewded dog ball placed inside a glass milk bottle.

just the thought of what could have happened if my(or anybody elses) dog went to grab this ball with its mouth is sickening, just the effort gone into coming up with this idea and then going out and placing it right in the spot that's most used by dog walkers is seriously twisted.

there's no way that was just accidentally left there in that way.

• Backroom

There are some absolute tossers around who get off on this kind of thing. Hopefully karma sticks a glass bottle up their arses in due course.

Kudos on the work you're doing with these dogs pal, hope Bruce gets a new home soon.

Good effort TJ, all credit to you, hope it works out.

Just on dogs and owners.

I was sat in a pub recently eating lunch, next table an owner had a dog, Labrador size, sat on a chair eating fish and chips of a plate at the table. I had my back to the table in question, but if I’d been in full view I’d have not been happy, what are these people thinking?

In the past 12 months the local press ran a story about 2 dogs being poisoned and killed on the Leeds Liverpool canal at Cherry Tree. Now I think thats disgusting, over the top, but it was by all accounts in retaliation to the amount of dog mess bagged up, in some cases not bagged up, and thrown in the bushes and trees in that area, irresponsible dog owners again throwing dog **** towards peoples houses.

I can’t help but have sympathy with the residents, walking past the area yesterday and its a bleeding disgrace.

WHY BAG IT UP AND NOT TAKE IT HOME?

How can you justify throwing it into peoples gardens to hide the evidence?

DISGUSTING..

thanks for the praise, although it really isn't necessary as its hardly a selfless task, I love having dogs around so its not really putting me out by taking care of him.

as for the rest of your post, I'm just not going there(save that discussion for the rant thread please :P )

Fair play, David, you're doing a great job.

I guess the most important thing would be making sure that the dog finds a good home - although from the looks of things you've already found him one. :tu:

Hope it all works out well.

Good effort TJ, all credit to you, hope it works out.

Just on dogs and owners.

I was sat in a pub recently eating lunch, next table an owner had a dog, Labrador size, sat on a chair eating fish and chips of a plate at the table. I had my back to the table in question, but if I’d been in full view I’d have not been happy, what are these people thinking?

In the past 12 months the local press ran a story about 2 dogs being poisoned and killed on the Leeds Liverpool canal at Cherry Tree. Now I think thats disgusting, over the top, but it was by all accounts in retaliation to the amount of dog mess bagged up, in some cases not bagged up, and thrown in the bushes and trees in that area, irresponsible dog owners again throwing dog **** towards peoples houses.

I can’t help but have sympathy with the residents, walking past the area yesterday and its a bleeding disgrace.

WHY BAG IT UP AND NOT TAKE IT HOME?

How can you justify throwing it into peoples gardens to hide the evidence?

DISGUSTING..

Quite right Gav.

As for the pub the landlord must be an idiot. I'd have insisted the dog remain on the floor or for them both to leave.

tbh I can't understand people like this as well as those who let dogs jump on chairs, go upstairs and even on/in their beds. My only exception would be the dogs that trot off to the bottom of the garden every day with a toilet roll under their arm.

All other issues ignored for the moment you take a big leap forward in my eyes TJ for the way you are looking after this dog. There's not a lot wrong with somebody who loves dogs. Kudos to you for that.

he had a play date with a old couple and there german shepard on Friday but their dog was a bit of pampered mummy's girl that wasn't to keen on sharing his owners with him(or likely any other dog they go to see)

he's meeting a retired(but fit and healthy) couple with there dog tomorrow to see how the 2 dogs get on, hopefully this will be more successful as they seem ideal owners for him, they live in a rural area near colne/skipton so he'd get lots of good off lead walking opportunities up over there and the couple seem very nice and responsible dog owners.

p.s. that reminds me I need to put theno back on ignore :P

Well done TJ, all credit to you. I notice looking at the photos that you took the dog up the 'scar' between Lower Darwen, Higher Croft and Ewood. I used to love taking my Retriever up there, great place...apart from when the loons on moto cross bikes tear ass across it.

Archived