BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Close Season: just what are we going to complain about?

When an oppertinuty comes along that you just can't turn down a temp move away is a necessity Gordon, you should try it sometime, it may open your mind a little....

All that said I love my town, the people, the culture, and I'll be back as soon as possible I can tell you that!

You've got out Gav. You'll never want to go back. Just you wait and see.

Just moan about the weather full stop. Yesterday warm, sunny t shirt and shorts weather. Today it's wet and windy and hardly daylight. It's what we british do best, moaning about the weather, especially when it impacts on the cricket. We could moan about the parlours state of English cricket following our defeat by that "mediocre" team, the Windies. We could moan about the fact that half of yorkshires team got taken to the Caribbean then didn't get a game. Or that Trott had to retire or the current selectors would probably have picked him to open against New Zealand. I can think of loads of topics to moan about. I'm female- it's easy.

They provide the financing if you take up the instalment option on your season ticket I think. No issue with them per se, just think the logo looks tacky on the shirt.

Are you sure they are the same company ? thought it was established they were not despite the Zebra part of the name

Zebra finance (season ticket finance)

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06960530/ZEBRA-FINANCE-LIMITED/directors-secretaries#people-summary

Zebra Claims (shirt sponsor)

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06906223/ZEBRA-CLAIMS-LIMITED/directors-secretaries#people-summary

You've got out Gav. You'll never want to go back. Just you wait and see.

Sorry Shaun but that's simply not true in our case.

We love where I live, feel very lucky to live in a fantastic part of the country and will be back ASAP.

I am seeing the whole picture Gav. The only part within the extended town boundary of Blackburn I could live in, if I was forced, would be Cherry Tree. The rest is a dump.

The Out laws live in Cherry Tree and the family in Ossy (also now dump) and since the death of the night life, the migration away of all of my friends (we are an intelligent bunch, as we all left) and the building of the M65 (the greatest invention ever, as it bypasses the wastelands of Blackburn) I rarely venture east of The Station. Recently I went to Outdoor Action. Never again. It took me the best part of an afternoon to work out how to get to the top of, the now reversed, King Street part using some tin pot "Ring Route" that was a collection of side roads and potholes including some carbuncle of a bridge wide enough for 6 lanes but 90% given over to an unused cycle lane.

Inner Blackburn is just like Inner Preston on the sh.i.thole-o-meter. Nowhere near Burnley proportions but getting there.

Life is good in South Ribble (if you ignore the knuckle draggers of Leyland)

• Moderation Lead

I am seeing the whole picture Gav. The only part within the extended town boundary of Blackburn I could live in, if I was forced, would be Cherry Tree. The rest is a dump.

The Out laws live in Cherry Tree and the family in Ossy (also now dump) and since the death of the night life, the migration away of all of my friends (we are an intelligent bunch, as we all left) and the building of the M65 (the greatest invention ever, as it bypasses the wastelands of Blackburn) I rarely venture east of The Station. Recently I went to Outdoor Action. Never again. It took me the best part of an afternoon to work out how to get to the top of, the now reversed, King Street part using some tin pot "Ring Route" that was a collection of side roads and potholes including some carbuncle of a bridge wide enough for 6 lanes but 90% given over to an unused cycle lane.

Inner Blackburn is just like Inner Preston on the sh.i.thole-o-meter. Nowhere near Burnley proportions but getting there.

Life is good in South Ribble (if you ignore the knuckle draggers of Leyland)

Ossy isn't that bad at all!! Being a bit harsh on Blackburn I'd say also....(though granted it does need some improvement)

I guess it all depends on just how pedantic you're being in your definitions of what constitutes Blackburn or Ossy.

K-Hod have you been to The Peel centre at Shitebirk recently? Back in the day...circa 97....I remember queues of traffic going in and out of that estate. We went the other Sunday for a look at Sofaworks (waste of time) and it was 90% derelict buildings.

As for Ossy it's gone downhill since I was a kid. Even West End (the posh bit where I grew up :D ) is going downhill.

• Moderation Lead

K-Hod have you been to The Peel centre at Shitebirk recently? Back in the day...circa 97....I remember queues of traffic going in and out of that estate. We went the other Sunday for a look at Sofaworks (waste of time) and it was 90% derelict buildings.

I've driven past it, and I tend to agree it is pretty quiet- a few empty units abound.....(nothing new there!)

There's some wrangle with Hyndburn wanting to build a rival estate on t'other side of the M65 (all hail the M65 extension) hence both boroughs kybosh each others plans.

Sofaworks will sure as hell regret putting their Lancs shop on the eastern side of the county.

It all depends what you're looking for in life Shaun, you wanted a sofa, I want a nice place to live.

The Corporation Park area is a great place, big Victorian houses, cricket ground and park, easy access to town which is booming by the way.

I could go on, but I won't.

Many a nice suburb around Blackburn towards the west of Lancs without having to interact with the Blackburn degenerates both residential and those running the council. I tired of Didsbury and now I live in one.

A mates parents moved away from the "getting rougher" Shear Brow area and moved to Belmont. Depends what you deem as nice I suppose

Booming town? I'll let you know when I speak to someone who shares your sentiment.....could be a while.

The same could be said of a lot of old mill towns and not just Blackburn. As I said Preston is a tip, inner Bolton's a mess and Accrington is just, well.........

Sorry Shaun but I couldn't disagree more. both places have good parts and bad. I can honestly say I wouldn't move to anywhere in Preston over Blackburn, maybe up towards the M55 at a push.

I love Avenham Park though, great setting and location.

Oi. :) They are nothing to do with Preston. They are seperate That river was dug to keep them on the other bank. And a brilliant job it does to. Drive down London Road, cross the river and the world is cleansed of miscreants. :)

I used to think that Abbey but it ain't. You do get a few tattoed special brewers in Brig. But the roads can go years without someone messing them up or changing their one way direction on a whim. They are quiet places where boring people like me settle down ;)

Maybe my view is out dated Gav as the last time I used the 'shopping centre' was before they knocked down Woolies. I can only take a straw poll of those I know and none would chose to return. I'll ask you when you've had a few years away and your eyes have been opened ;). Where are you going, roughly?

On another subject. I recently went to the Windsor Suit for a gig. The last time I went on a night out in Blackburn was probably about 12-15 years ago when I was in my mid to late twenties. It was appalling. The town was dead. Lostock Hall in the rain is busier. I recall the heyday with queues of people outside Blakeys and The Times and on pub runs. The kebab shops being rammed etc but there was next to nobody around and the bloke in The Godfather was asleep. It was tearful and vexing to see what it had become.

We're off the West Midlands Shaun.

The nightlife is shocking, an embarrassment, I'll give you that, especially as it was one of the best nights out in the area through the 80's and 90's.

Let's cut to the chase, and I'm by no means tarring you with this brush. Many people simply don't like living with Asians, we have a few on here. I've lived on Bburn all my life, my family live in Little Harwood/ Bastwell and its impacted on our lives only in a good way. The way the town is split is regretable but I have no problem whatsoever living next door to Asians.

Sadly that's a negative for some and even though Blackburn has lots to offer, some can't get past that fact, sad really.

Oi. :) They are nothing to do with Preston. They are seperate That river was dug to keep them on the other bank. And a brilliant job it does to. Drive down London Road, cross the river and the world is cleansed of miscreants. :)

I used to think that Abbey but it ain't. You do get a few tattoed special brewers in Brig. But the roads can go years without someone messing them up or changing their one way direction on a whim. They are quiet places where boring people like me settle down ;)

Maybe my view is out dated Gav as the last time I used the 'shopping centre' was before they knocked down Woolies. I can only take a straw poll of those I know and none would chose to return. I'll ask you when you've had a few years away and your eyes have been opened ;). Where are you going, roughly?

On another subject. I recently went to the Windsor Suit for a gig. The last time I went on a night out in Blackburn was probably about 12-15 years ago when I was in my mid to late twenties. It was appalling. The town was dead. Lostock Hall in the rain is busier. I recall the heyday with queues of people outside Blakeys and The Times and on pub runs. The kebab shops being rammed etc but there was next to nobody around and the bloke in The Godfather was asleep. It was tearful and vexing to see what it had become.

I unfortunately lived near the pear tree ,nearer to Preston I know ,but that was full of the delusional ones..

We're off the West Midlands Shaun.

The nightlife is shocking, an embarrassment, I'll give you that, especially as it was one of the best nights out in the area through the 80's and 90's.

Let's cut to the chase, and I'm by no means tarring you with this brush. Many people simply don't like living with Asians, we have a few on here. I've lived on Bburn all my life, my family live in Little Harwood/ Bastwell and its impacted on our lives only in a good way. The way the town is split is regretable but I have no problem whatsoever living next door to Asians.

Sadly that's a negative for some and even though Blackburn has lots to offer, some can't get past that fact, sad really.

Bulldozers and JCBs would soon sort the area out.

I unfortunately lived near the pear tree ,nearer to Preston I know ,but that was full of the delusional ones..

Depends which Pear Tree Abbey. I live a few hundred yards from the Penwortham one but you might mean the Bamber Bridge one.

The Pear tree is virtually Walton le Dale. They are delusional Abbey ;)

I know someone at work Gav who lives on Oozehead lane and the scrotes making leaving blackburn the goal of many a Blackburner come in all colours

Archived