BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

Looks like we are getting a clearer idea of GB's preferred line-up for this season. Guessing it will be:

Raya

Henley Duffy Hanley Olsson

Guthrie Akpan

Barrow Marshall Conway

Rhodes

To me that's not a bad side but it has weaknesses at RB (I would give Nyambe a run), CB (Killa needs to be alongside Hanley) and in the hole. It takes a special player to play in that position and Marshall lacks key attributes to do so. Perhaps Koita could be given a shot here given we're well stocked on the flanks now?

1) There's barely a tackle in that line up. (And looks far too attacking a formation).

2) Have we signed Akpan?

3) You forgot Lowe.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we are getting a clearer idea of GB's preferred line-up for this season. Guessing it will be:

Raya

Henley Duffy Hanley Olsson

Guthrie Akpan

Barrow Marshall Conway

Rhodes

To me that's not a bad side but it has weaknesses at RB (I would give Nyambe a run), CB (Killa needs to be alongside Hanley) and in the hole. It takes a special player to play in that position and Marshall lacks key attributes to pull it off. Perhaps Koita could be given a shot here given we're well stocked on the flanks now?

Lowey will be in there somewhere.

1) There's barely a tackle in that line up. (And looks far too attacking a formation).

2) Have we signed Akpan?

3) You forgot Lowe.

Akpan is a defensive midfielder so imagine that will be his job (signing in next couple of hours supposedly). Good point re: Lowe - I'd imagine he will be in at RB in expense of Henley.

• Backroom

That would be a good team for me, you could reasonably expect another out before the window shuts and if I was a betting man I would guess Marshall but even then we have some strength in that area for now.

Lowe is likely to play and for me is one of the weak links.

Akpan is a defensive midfielder so imagine that will be his job (signing in next couple of hours supposedly). Good point re: Lowe - I'd imagine he will be in at RB in expense of Henley.

Good shout. Didn't know about Akpan's imminent signing.

It's been an amazing Summer. I've only heard of Guthrie before any of the signed!

• Backroom

Good shout. Didn't know about Akpan's imminent signing.

It's been an amazing Summer. I've only heard of Guthrie before any of the signed!

I bet you had heard of the Delfounsonater!

So let me see.... coax SAF out of retirement to manage our squad / let GB have the MU squad for the next season....... who do you think is more likely to be in the prem next season? Pretty obvious I'd suggest.

Oh.... and you aren't allowed to say 'both of them'.

Frank Lord? Jim Fryatt? Alan Gilliver? Jon Radford?

You kids know nowt.

Surprised you have Pancho in that list, scorer of the quickest goal on record!

4 seconds I think

So you ignore everything I said about him here ? Davis had NO ability here ... He was always allegedly drunk !!

Still can't get over the biggest u turn in history with you and your venk love fest .

Go venkgord thenovenk

Have you never heard about the principle of forgive and forget? Or how about 'to err is human, to forgive divine'? Maybe Matthew 5:39 fits your stance better? :tu:

Anyway Abbey you cream yourself regularly over Jordan Rhodes and the ONLY reason that he is still here is because of Mrs Desai! Twice over! You must put yourself through lots of angst over that. You are beginning to remind me of Inspecteur Dreyfus, straight jacketed in his padded cell with a crayon clenched in his toes writing 'Kill Clouseau' over and again. 'Kill Desai'..... :P

Archived