BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised to see Spurr starting at left back next season seeing as he's one of Gaz's boys. Not sure how I feel about that as I prefer Olsson although there is an argument that Spurr may help tighten the back 4 up at set pieces etc . Trouble is it'll probably end up with Olsson being played out of position somewhere else.......

Any thoughts ?

I think it's edited down from "Rovers can get promoted if they can keep hold of Rhodes and Gestede, replace Bowyer or knock him repeatedly on the head until he understands how to instil passion, belief, organisation, an attacking ethos and drastically improve fitness levels".

• Backroom

Life is so simple in Tommy Spurr's head

Tommy Spurr: Blackburn Rovers can win promotion if Rudy Gestede and Jordan Rhodes stay

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12980406.Tommy_Spurr__Blackburn_Rovers_can_win_promotion_if_Rudy_Gestede_and_Jordan_Rhodes_stay/?ref=mac

“I don’t know whether it’s we’re that enthusiastic that we just want to play, sometimes it doesn’t come off and we get stung.

Fairly sure it isn't that, Tommy.

I was puzzled by that comment. One thing the players certainly look bereft of is enthusiasm. It's frustrating to read such comments as they are similar to what has been peddled the last two summers, only for us to be let down.

Also, certainly agree with tomphil's comments RE selection next year. Can see Spurr back in the side and I'm not sure how that will go tbh. I think he's painstakingly slow and gets found out when up against a quick winger. Cue seeing Olsson playing right wing next season.

And how the **** would you know?

You, and the idiot in Hampshire, and the one in East Kent, and the one in Lostock Hall, some of the gobbiest critics on this website - full of opinion, what's it based on?

If Tommy Spurr rocked up at your place and curled a big, steaming, smelly one onto the doorstep and you walked out while he was at it, you'd have no idea if it was Tommy Spurr or not.

Where do you park when you come to matches at Ewood? Or which route do you follow from which station? Favourite pub?? Which stand do you sit in??

You, and the idiot in Hampshire, and the one in East Kent, and the one in Lostock Hall, some of the gobbiest critics on this website - full of opinion, what's it based on?

If Tommy Spurr rocked up at your place and curled a big, steaming, smelly one onto the doorstep and you walked out while he was at it, you'd have no idea if it was Tommy Spurr or not.

Where do you park when you come to matches at Ewood? Or which route do you follow from which station? Favourite pub?? Which stand do you sit in??

Bit harsh. If you go to matches, like me you'll know that the current Rovers team, for pretty much 90% of Bowyer's tenure, simply plods through games. It's rare we take risks,or play with energy and intensity like in previous seasons, under better managers. So quite how Spurr thinks it's us getting caught out when having a good go is way off.

Bit harsh. If you go to matches, like me you'll know that the current Rovers team, for pretty much 90% of Bowyer's tenure, simply plods through games. It's rare we take risks,or play with energy and intensity like in previous seasons, under better managers. So quite how Spurr thinks it's us getting caught out when having a good go is way off.

Thank you for a reasonable post, well made, by someone qualified to make it.

What is beyond annoying is people who have never even been to Ewood Park being the most gobby experts on here.

Well done! You've turned what could have been a sensible thread very quickly into a 'Them v Us'.

Is it always your agenda to @#/? things up!

Well done! You've turned what could have been a sensible thread very quickly into a 'Them v Us'.

No, that's your agenda ... but at least from your posting history I know that you understand Blackburn.

I'm angry about the people who are giving me chapter and verse about BRFC, telling me who I should back and who I should sack, when they've never been further north than Watford Gap.

There's about a dozen regular posters in that bracket. People who post on here 20 times a day and have never been near Ewood Park.

Other people post a couple of times a day to defend their views, but attend every single 1st team and reserve match home and away, and are labelled here as Scabs, Rovers Fans and Bowyerettes.

"Them v Us"?? Only in your head. Most of us just want BRFC to do well.

No, that's your agenda ... but at least from your posting history I know that you understand Blackburn.

I'm angry about the people who are giving me chapter and verse about BRFC, telling me who I should back and who I should sack, when they've never been further north than Watford Gap.

There's about a dozen regular posters in that bracket. People who post on here 20 times a day and have never been near Ewood Park.

Other people post a couple of times a day to defend their views, but attend every single 1st team and reserve match home and away, and are labelled here as Scabs, Rovers Fans and Bowyerettes.

Thanks for a reasoned reply.

''People who post on here 20 times a day and have never been near Ewood Park'' - are there really posters on this MB who are in UK but have never been to Ewood once?

I know of those who have been accused of such but thought it just banter. I still try to get there a couple of times a Season and live 1000's of miles away but haven't been for last 2 years due to health and cost issues.

When I spend a lot of time surfing to get my Rovers fix I have found this MB increasingly depressing as a lot of otherwise good threads degenerate into name calling and outright abuse of which I have to my shame been guilty when roused.

Still as you say ''most of us just want BRFC to do well'' and as such I'm ok with comments from those who are Rovers fans/supporters even if they dont attend - they should if they can and I must admit that I can't understand those who don't but it's their choice.

Has the Hake Boat re-opened?

Seems to me TS is stating the blindingly obvious, he only needed to add we need to stop shipping goals at every opportunity and he would be 100% on target.

The issue I would have is around "enthusiasm" - I don't see this as a word in Rovers vocabulary. With a few notable exceptions, as individuals and in certain games, enthusiasm, excitement and entertainment were sadly lacking for the entire season.

Spot on... But I'd go further and say everyone wants the club to do well.

It's just some vent their frustration in the wrong way and at the wrong people.

I think you are now in the top three of arrogant posters on here.

If someone had said they were hopeful for the season ahead they would have been called 'Mrs D', a 'Rovers Fan' or a 'Bowyerette', I look forward to you criticising those types next time it happens...in nearly every single thread.

Spot on... But I'd go further and say everyone wants the club to do well.

It's just some vent their frustration in the wrong way and at the wrong people.

well said

I think you are now in the top three of arrogant posters on here.

and right on cue, a prime example.

'hail hail, 'Mrs D' 'Degsy' 'superfan.com' blah blah blah are just a few examples of the nonsense posted by someone who can't tolerate anothers viewpoint. Apparently it's called passion, but it looks remarkably like ignorance and an inability to discuss things in an adult manner.

I think what happens next season will come down to how the front 2 is looking. And could be anything from play offs to relegation battle.

Best case scenario for me is if we keep Rhodes/gestede and replace bowyer with a decent manager. Then I really think play offs is the minimum and could/should happen.

If keep all of rhodes/gestede/bowyer 8th-12th normal order resumed.

If lose Rhodes/gestede but keep bowyer 12th-21st

If lose all of Rhodes/gestede/bowyer then it will massively depend on who the next manager is. Make a good appointment mid table a poor one could go down.

'hail hail, 'Mrs D' 'Degsy' 'superfan.com' blah blah blah are just a few examples of the nonsense posted by someone who can't tolerate anothers viewpoint. Apparently it's called passion, but it looks remarkably like ignorance and an inability to discuss things in an adult manner.

such a grown up post.

Agree with most of that Matt but i don't honestly think we'll be anywhere near the relegation spots regardless of if we sell Rhodes and Gestede...as long as we bring in at least two good quality replacements. We don't get beat convincingly away anymore like we did in Bowyer's 1st full season ( we were shocking away from home) and apart from the last 6 or so games our home form was top 6. Bowyer has his critics but we were a lot more competetive in a lot more matches this season when i think back to some of the capitulations in his 1st full season in charge.

By the same token even if we kept Rhodes/Gestede i don't think we'll get top 6 because i don't think Bowyer has the ability to make that next step (i really hope i'm wrong but we lack consistency and the ability to kill off games) and i don't think the centre of our midfield is anywhere near good enough... if that changed maybe bowyer could make the jump to the top 6 but i have my doubts.

The interesting question is are Venky's happy with top half finishes? As they never speak it's hard to know but in rejecting bids for our best players, and kicking up a fuss when they discovered Phil Jones had a release clause they didn't agree with, suggests they have some desire for the club to do well, even if they don't know where to begin. If Venky's do have the ambition to challenge for promotion, and they once again reject bids for the likes of Rhodes, then Bowyer may be on borrowed time if he gets off to a bad start next season. I'm sure King not signing a contract hasn't gone down well. If the delaying of the meeting in Pune is significant, and Kamy suggested it might be, then maybe they are already looking at their options. I can't imagine that season tickets are flying off the shelves at the moment and if that continues, and it might cos some of the football was dire last season, then that may be an extra concern.

A lot can happen before the season kicks off.

Archived