BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are now in the top three of arrogant posters on here.

Well you'd know wouldn't you number one.

Look mummy mummy, look - I've found the bold button, the big letters button AND CAPITALS!! It's all about ME ME ME - I start my own stupid threads all about me and everything!! I post 48 times a day, I'm better than everyone else in the playground!! YAY FOR ME!!!

go f yourself you patronising pillock.

Im the type of fan who has been since I was 3 years old in 1970. I have watched us in the 3rd division, i have lost girlfriends/wife and umpteen jobs watching rovers away, I was at Burnley away when we last lost there, i was there when we got promototed frommthe 3rd and 2nd divisions, i was there for our first ever game in europe, i was there for anfiled , i was at camberidge when it got called off because of fog or ice, i was there in the isle of man , i was there for champions league, i was on every protest including freezing my nads off on transfer day,...my lad is now following in my footsteps.

DONT YOU DARE WAVE THE "TOP FLIGHT FAN " ACCUSATION AT ME YOU ARROGENT IDIOT. ALLS I WANT IS VENKYS OUT YOU ARROGENT SO AND SO.

I AM NOT THE TYPE OF FAN WE NEED ? I AM EXACTLY THE TYPE OF FAN WE NEED!!!

NO SKIN OFF YOUR NOSE ? THATS A LOT OF SKIN BAZZA.

LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED TO WATER THE ALE DOWN ..HUNGOVER.COM OR IS IT JUST A DAY TO WIND THE BOARD UPAND GET A STIFFY ON?

Well you'd know wouldn't you number one.

Look mummy mummy, look - I've found the bold button, the big letters button AND CAPITALS!! It's all about ME ME ME - I start my own stupid threads all about me and everything!! I post 48 times a day, I'm better than everyone else in the playground!! YAY FOR ME!!!

AND THERE IT IS .

• Backroom

And how the **** would you know?

You, and the idiot in Hampshire, and the one in East Kent, and the one in Lostock Hall, some of the gobbiest critics on this website - full of opinion, what's it based on?

If Tommy Spurr rocked up at your place and curled a big, steaming, smelly one onto the doorstep and you walked out while he was at it, you'd have no idea if it was Tommy Spurr or not.

Where do you park when you come to matches at Ewood? Or which route do you follow from which station? Favourite pub?? Which stand do you sit in??

I apologise as my post appears to have upset you. There is an ignore feature on the site which should ensure you only see posts from posters you want to see. It's true that I only get to about ten games a season at the moment and most of them are away from home, but nonetheless I will continue to post my opinion as I see fit. If you disagree with it or consider it worthless I would suggest ignoring the post either via the messageboard function or just by not reading the post.

You, and the idiot in Hampshire, and the one in East Kent, and the one in Lostock Hall, some of the gobbiest critics on this website - full of opinion, what's it based on?

If Tommy Spurr rocked up at your place and curled a big, steaming, smelly one onto the doorstep and you walked out while he was at it, you'd have no idea if it was Tommy Spurr or not.

Where do you park when you come to matches at Ewood? Or which route do you follow from which station? Favourite pub?? Which stand do you sit in??

Does this guy ever post about footballing matters? Every damn post he makes is a personal rant at someone.

Well promotion is off the cards because of Bowyer's tactical inability, so I guess mid-table 'stability' will be the aim for next season. I thought we were stable last season but maybe we need more 'stability', I mean some people on here think we do so maybe they are right.

This mid-table assumption is also based on the belief that Rovers will manage to keep some of the bigger name high earning players, if they lose one or both of Rhodes or Gestede then even mid-table mediocrity might be difficult to achieve.

I'm looking forward to another season of mixed performances, inability to beat the cream of the crop of the division and reading the LET each week about how much player value is being increased per second under Bowyer. How marvelous.

Does this guy ever post about footballing matters? Every damn post he makes is a personal rant at someone.

What happened to you man? You used to be cool.

I think you should addressing that at someone else.

Anyway, I saw your lot beat Adelaide Utd 3-2 on Friday with a last minute winner. Jammy sods.

• Moderation Lead

Regarding the point about where people live-what does that matter, aren't they allowed an opinion?

People move away, even to different countries for all manner of reasons, and following their football club is one of their ties with their original community. I find it fairly staggering that this is used as a stick to beat people with if I'm honest. It's a good thing if anything that our fanbase isn't simply confined to areas with a Blackburn postcode......

Regarding the point about where people live-what does that matter, aren't they allowed an opinion?

People move away, even to different countries for all manner of reasons, and following their football club is one of their ties with their original community. I find it fairly staggering that this is used as a stick to beat people with if I'm honest. It's a good thing if anything that our fanbase isn't simply confined to areas with a Blackburn postcode......

I have said before and I will say it again. Same principals as me being a Bronco fan I would never ever have a go at season ticket holders on the Bronco forums I use. I give opinion when I see it on game pass. But if I have not seen it I don't rip ticket holders or those that have seen the full game via stream or other means.

And roverzee, you are another newby who has no right to have such an arrogant, vitriolic pop at posters who have been on here a lot longer than you, pipe down unless you have something nice to say

You had a right go at somebody the other day ( called them a tit I think) so you can wind your neck in too.

Agree with most of that Matt but i don't honestly think we'll be anywhere near the relegation spots regardless of if we sell Rhodes and Gestede...as long as we bring in at least two good quality replacements. We don't get beat convincingly away anymore like we did in Bowyer's 1st full season ( we were shocking away from home) and apart from the last 6 or so games our home form was top 6. Bowyer has his critics but we were a lot more competetive in a lot more matches this season when i think back to some of the capitulations in his 1st full season in charge.

By the same token even if we kept Rhodes/Gestede i don't think we'll get top 6 because i don't think Bowyer has the ability to make that next step (i really hope i'm wrong but we lack consistency and the ability to kill off games) and i don't think the centre of our midfield is anywhere near good enough... if that changed maybe bowyer could make the jump to the top 6 but i have my doubts.

The interesting question is are Venky's happy with top half finishes? As they never speak it's hard to know but in rejecting bids for our best players, and kicking up a fuss when they discovered Phil Jones had a release clause they didn't agree with, suggests they have some desire for the club to do well, even if they don't know where to begin. If Venky's do have the ambition to challenge for promotion, and they once again reject bids for the likes of Rhodes, then Bowyer may be on borrowed time if he gets off to a bad start next season. I'm sure King not signing a contract hasn't gone down well. If the delaying of the meeting in Pune is significant, and Kamy suggested it might be, then maybe they are already looking at their options. I can't imagine that season tickets are flying off the shelves at the moment and if that continues, and it might cos some of the football was dire last season, then that may be an extra concern.

A lot can happen before the season kicks off.

Pretty well reasoned post blueboy. Sounds like your faith in Bowyer is wavering to an extent and you're not hopeful of us achieving play-offs under his stead. When you defend him on here/abstain from calling for his head, is that simply due to fear of us appointing a worse manager? Personally, I think we looked worse in some respects compared to the season before last, especially during that dismal run over the festive period. I can seldom think of games where we looked better than the opposition, with the football certainly looking worse than the season before and the strikers carrying us/rescuing points that were otherwise thoroughly undeserved.

Whilst some on here believe stability is key, personally I think promotion is the only way out of this mess. Whilst Gordon and a few others think we are doomed to drop into the third division, I do think with a tactically astute manager who commands the respect of the players, we could easily push for play-offs (don't ask me who, I do think we would get better than Bowyer applying though). I do agree centre midfield really needs addressing. I truly think the re-signing of Williamson (thus using up a senior squad place) was a poor decision, and we should have been looking to use the wages and the squad place on a replacement.

My main concern now is that wallowing in mid table mediocrity in the Championship is continuing to damage the club beyond repair. Whilst the "stability" under Bowyer was refreshing at first, I now think it is truly detrimental to the future of this club, and could see one of the horror scenarios thought up on here come true. I do think that if Bowyer loses the front two, he hasn't got it in his locker to make up the goals and points they've won for us in recent years, Rhodes especially, who near enough single-handedly kept us up in the 2012/2013 season. One way our opinion differs is that I don't think we are safe from a relegation battle under Bowyer. He doesn't strike me as a man who can get the best out of a team when the going gets tough.

I apologise as my post appears to have upset you. There is an ignore feature on the site which should ensure you only see posts from posters you want to see. It's true that I only get to about ten games a season at the moment and most of them are away from home, but nonetheless I will continue to post my opinion as I see fit. If you disagree with it or consider it worthless I would suggest ignoring the post either via the messageboard function or just by not reading the post.

He insults and ridicules those who he assumes don't attend, only providing they have a differing opinion to him...

Roverzee, are you going to ridicule the likes of chris_h, those who offer their opinions on here despite living in a foreign country, or is he and others exempt from a keyboard bashing because their views are in line with your own? Not a pop at you whatsoever chris_h, it's just if someone is going to make such an outlandish claim that those who can't attend are not welcome to have an opinion on here, then he has to be consistent in his ravings.

Don't sugar coat it say how you really feel. 😃

No, that's your agenda ... but at least from your posting history I know that you understand Blackburn.

I'm angry about the people who are giving me chapter and verse about BRFC, telling me who I should back and who I should sack, when they've never been further north than Watford Gap.

There's about a dozen regular posters in that bracket. People who post on here 20 times a day and have never been near Ewood Park.

Other people post a couple of times a day to defend their views, but attend every single 1st team and reserve match home and away, and are labelled here as Scabs, Rovers Fans and Bowyerettes.

"Them v Us"?? Only in your head. Most of us just want BRFC to do well.

A bit lively this post. I don't go to away matches very often nowadays am I still allowed to comment? For me, we are all Rovers fans, all have access to tv and online media and can all form an opinion either first hand or from afar. Pidgeon holing any fan who does not attend home and away every week as someone who should not comment on a message board is silly. Its easy enough to ignore if you wish to.

Note that 333 liked this comment. Also a bit odd as he penned the phrase 'Bowyer Hater' to me and seemingly believes that is both adult and perfectly acceptable.

Seems to me TS is stating the blindingly obvious, he only needed to add we need to stop shipping goals at every opportunity and he would be 100% on target.

The issue I would have is around "enthusiasm" - I don't see this as a word in Rovers vocabulary. With a few notable exceptions, as individuals and in certain games, enthusiasm, excitement and entertainment were sadly lacking for the entire season.

Spot on. Who were the players overcome with enthusiasm to the point they could not perform?

If someone had said they were hopeful for the season ahead they would have been called 'Mrs D', a 'Rovers Fan' or a 'Bowyerette', I look forward to you criticising those types next time it happens...in nearly every single thread.

Just as childish as calling someone a 'Bowyer Hater'. Time a few on here grew up, you included 333.

In fact, it is time we drew a line under some of the arguing, aggressive and irrelevant postings. Anyone logging on here every-day for their updates and little snippets of Rovers related news is welcome as far as I am concerned. Makes the board much more enjoyable and interesting with a decent cross section of Rovers fans commenting and posting. Its been tough at the club for all of us for way too long now. It's not improving anytime soon and silly name calling and bitching about who is actually allowed to post has a deleterious impact on the threads for all.

He insults and ridicules those who he assumes don't attend, only providing they have a differing opinion to him...

Roverzee, are you going to ridicule the likes of chris_h, those who offer their opinions on here despite living in a foreign country, or is he and others exempt from a keyboard bashing because their views are in line with your own? Not a pop at you whatsoever chris_h, it's just if someone is going to make such an outlandish claim that those who can't attend are not welcome to have an opinion on here, then he has to be consistent in his ravings.

There's a big difference. I don't comment on games I haven't seen and I don't bang on and on about the manager even though I think he should go. I have a go at some posters who I think are anti Rovers and others who I think are bullies who shout down those who express a view different from their own.

I have been accused of not posting enough about events on the pitch at Ewood. That's because I can't get to games. Some of those that Roverzee had a pop at don't go but like to tell those that do how it is.

There's a big difference. I don't comment on games I haven't seen and I don't bang on and on about the manager even though I think he should go. I have a go at some posters who I think are anti Rovers and others who I think are bullies who shout down those who express a view different from their own.

I have been accused of not posting enough about events on the pitch at Ewood. That's because I can't get to games. Some of those that Roverzee had a pop at don't go but like to tell those that do how it is.

The argument is that you are one of the main culprits when it comes to posting off-topic in an insulting manner. You're far from being the only guilty party, with antagonists on both sides, but you contribute. You're not the batman mate, it's not up to you to shout down those who you believe to be bullies, especially by using the same childish, insulting tactics that you are apparently so against. It's rather hypocritical.

IMO we are all entitled to an opinion, regardless of attendance records, but seeing all this mindless bickering is getting boring. I quite like reading alternative viewpoints and challenging/debating them, but having to sift through pages of back-and-forth on each thread is tedious.

The whole attendance/non-attendance thing is pish. You might as well close the Premier League thread while you're at it. What right do Rovers fans have to comment on any team they don't watch live on a regular basis?

The whole attendance/non-attendance thing is pish. You might as well close the Premier League thread while you're at it. What right do Rovers fans have to comment on any team they don't watch live on a regular basis?

What's pish is you describing Parson's posts as "delusional" and "an insult to intelligence", without even having the good grace to offer an alternative viewpoint. Just steam straight in and insult the poster, who deserves a degree more respect.

Archived