BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am loving the negativity. In no way am I saying Venky's have the ability to plan anything. Hell they should have sold Gestede and Rhodes last January to at least give us a chance to remove the embargo this summer, seeing as our play off chances were already long gone. However, whether we will admit it or not we still have a competitive squad. Yes our attack is weak! I am the first to admit but the rest of the squad is one that is more than capable of fighting off relegation and once the embargo is relieved then while we won't have millions to splash our signing have shown we don't need to do that. Just have to look at Cairney, Evans, Gestede, Conway, Killa, Spurr for examples.

Competitive squad ?

• Backroom

I am loving the negativity. In no way am I saying Venky's have the ability to plan anything. Hell they should have sold Gestede and Rhodes last January to at least give us a chance to remove the embargo this summer, seeing as our play off chances were already long gone. However, whether we will admit it or not we still have a competitive squad. Yes our attack is weak! I am the first to admit but the rest of the squad is one that is more than capable of fighting off relegation and once the embargo is relieved then while we won't have millions to splash our signing have shown we don't need to do that. Just have to look at Cairney, Evans, Gestede, Conway, Killa, Spurr for examples.

Taking last season into account, and the fact we haven't strengthened defence or changed manager, we're going to be a side that defends badly and now can't score either. Not sure that classifies as competitive.

Anything which way you slice it, the club is screwed until Venky's flock off, and even then prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride. Just like Pompey we may end up being kicked from pillar to post, but I would take all that in a heartbeat if it meant there was a proper owner or a fan takeover waiting at the end of the tunnel. In less than five years they've taken us from a successful Premier League club with a fantastic infrastructure and minimal debts, to a financial basketcase losing money hand over fist, rooted in the lower leagues, with the distinction of being the only English club still under a transfer embargo. What more will it take for fans to realize that these people will never be any good for Rovers? The fact they're footing the bills is simply not enough while they continue to oversee the club's demise.

Our defense is terrible, our midfield is league 1 at best and our strikers, if Rhodes goes, aren't even league 1!

Removing the owners should be the fans main focus in the coming season, because its my opinion that the football will be dire, as it was last season and we'll find ourselves fighting relegation rather than pushing for a playoff spot.

Venkys out!

Have to be realistic about this season with Gestede heading out and Rhodes likely going as well, this season I really do see as a transitional season and one that if we avoid relegation has been a successful one. I won't be surprise if the tactic and strategy of the club is to build for the long term. With Gestede, Rhodes, and Cairney gone, our large contracts have almost all gone and in the process we have made a good 20m+ in this transfer window if Rhodes follow suit as well. Not only does that reduce the wage bill, but our debt as well which is the first step towards getting out of this embargo. I do find FFP incredibly unfair as the damage could be done by Christmas time with regards to points and performances. However, just because we might lack the firepower I still see us being a competitive team this year (albeit not for the play offs).

If it helps I know a bit about Keita being half french I follow ligue 1 a fair bit, he is a player with bags of potential and I am surprised we were able to sign up as there was a lot of interest in him in France by bigger clubs. Should we get him fit though, and adapt to the British Game he could be a very good replacement for Gestede. I would like to see us sign Guthrie and Delfouneso if Rhodes heads out the door. At least it will bring a bit of pace into the team. Hell I wouldn't even be against seeing Hanley go if it means we could get Donell Henry back on loan.

Worst post of the day and its still early

All of a sudden on here there seems to be a number of venkyites club can do no wrong and GB fans... I'd like to have a pint of what they've had.. The sooner Venky's Go along with the management structure both running and playing side we won't progress a clean sweep has to be done it will probably get more painful before it starts to heal..

Anyway back to the season going to be difficult to predict at this stage we'll have a better idea after September 1st

All of a sudden on here there seems to be a number of venkyites club can do no wrong and GB fans... I'd like to have a pint of what they've had.. The sooner Venky's Go along with the management structure both running and playing side we won't progress a clean sweep has to be done it will probably get more painful before it starts to heal..

Anyway back to the season going to be difficult to predict at this stage we'll have a better idea after September 1st

Don't worry after 2 or 3 indifferent games they'll disappear as per until we draw 3 in a row and they can shout unbeaten run, unbeaten run.

Mind you 3 draws in a row is probably an achievement this season to be fair.........

There will be 3 worse teams than us this season. That means we will still be in this league 2016/17 and hopefully embargo free. Then we will find out just how keen our owners are at wanting to get in the the prem.

Have to be realistic about this season with Gestede heading out and Rhodes likely going as well, this season I really do see as a transitional season and one that if we avoid relegation has been a successful one. I won't be surprise if the tactic and strategy of the club is to build for the long term. With Gestede, Rhodes, and Cairney gone, our large contracts have almost all gone and in the process we have made a good 20m+ in this transfer window if Rhodes follow suit as well. Not only does that reduce the wage bill, but our debt as well which is the first step towards getting out of this embargo. I do find FFP incredibly unfair as the damage could be done by Christmas time with regards to points and performances. However, just because we might lack the firepower I still see us being a competitive team this year (albeit not for the play offs).

If it helps I know a bit about Keita being half french I follow ligue 1 a fair bit, he is a player with bags of potential and I am surprised we were able to sign up as there was a lot of interest in him in France by bigger clubs. Should we get him fit though, and adapt to the British Game he could be a very good replacement for Gestede. I would like to see us sign Guthrie and Delfouneso if Rhodes heads out the door. At least it will bring a bit of pace into the team. Hell I wouldn't even be against seeing Hanley go if it means we could get Donell Henry back on loan.

Quality post +1.

There will be 3 worse teams than us this season. That means we will still be in this league 2016/17 and hopefully embargo free. Then we will find out just how keen our owners are at wanting to get in the the prem.

Hopefully our so called owners will be well gone

Similar with Berg and there were many false dawns regarding Kean. Let's not forget the large amounts plonked on Allardyce to be sacked in the London area hrs before the news broke.....

Can't believe people turn a blind eye to this. No doubt there'll be an apologist along soon with the old nieve line again.

And in Glasgow don't forget! So London and Glasgow... now who do we know who will have contacts there? :glare:

I rem receiving a few days ban for simply posting a link to the Mirror report on that. :(

Anything which way you slice it, the club is screwed until Venky's flock off, and even then prepare yourselves for a bumpy ride. Just like Pompey we may end up being kicked from pillar to post, but I would take all that in a heartbeat if it meant there was a proper owner or a fan takeover waiting at the end of the tunnel. In less than five years they've taken us from a successful Premier League club with a fantastic infrastructure and minimal debts, to a financial basketcase losing money hand over fist, rooted in the lower leagues, with the distinction of being the only English club still under a transfer embargo. What more will it take for fans to realize that these people will never be any good for Rovers? The fact they're footing the bills is simply not enough while they continue to oversee the club's demise.

It's still better than the alternative.

No doubting who Sky have as their "favourites" for the new Championship season.

From the list of published games to be shown live before the end of November, Leeds have been chosen no fewer than 6 times along with Derby (including one Cup game each), Forest and Wolves are on 5 times, Burnley and Birmingham on 4 times with Rovers, Boro QPR and Sheff Wed on three. Poor Charlton and Brentford dont figure once at the moment!

Leeds were helped a good deal last season by Sky which certainly helped their financial situation coming out of FFP. It looks like that will continue for this year.

And what then? Are you going to step in and take over? Been saving up your spending money have you?

How many times Gordon do you have to talk rubbish is it for attention

Any club in the Championship even with huge debts is worth a financial package as everyone knows what promotion brings also the TV deal after this one is going to be even bigger with the Qatari based TV company in the frame

Any championship club with facilities like ours no matter how much debt is worth a punt

FYI sky have let the champions league go and from next season they've let La Liga go to keep hold of the best premier league packages they have to too keep the premier league brand it's worth that much

I repeat Any championship club is getting hold of as everyone knows what riches over the next few years promotion can bring

No doubting who Sky have as their "favourites" for the new Championship season.

From the list of published games to be shown live before the end of November, Leeds have been chosen no fewer than 6 times along with Derby (including one Cup game each), Forest and Wolves are on 5 times, Burnley and Birmingham on 4 times with Rovers, Boro QPR and Sheff Wed on three. Poor Charlton and Brentford dont figure once at the moment!

Leeds were helped a good deal last season by Sky which certainly helped their financial situation coming out of FFP. It looks like that will continue for this year.

Sky want Leeds back in the Prem ....Simples

The Prem league probably want Leeds back in there along with any other big City club that can fill it's stadium and away allocations at stupid prices. Wonder how much advice they put into the Fair Play Farce.

Archived