BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to shout about..probably bigger numbers followed us away from home 25 years ago!

I dunno I find it interesting. For example there is a whole raft of clubs between Cardiff and Bolton with little between them.

As far as your statement ... 25 years ago jack walker was flexing his considerable financial muscles. Prob better if you compared to 30 years ago and provided some figures.

Mostly decent to very good followings through Dons era pre Jack. Even though some said JW was putting money up for Archibald but the fanbase was small then so some of the followings compared to home crowds were eyewatering :)

Allardyce destroyed our away following during his time here, but with everything thats gone on here since the 3 stooges took over I think 1000 average is very good, credit to all concerned :tu:

Indeed. As I've said before den Rhodes is at his best and most dangerous against weaker opposition who allow us to spend more game time in their third of the pitch. Against strong opposition who spend most time in our half he frequently becomes a passenger. Problem is that to accommodate Rhodes weakness outside the box Bowyer has elected to play a 4-4-2 so that we can aim at a target man (Gestede / Brown and even Varney) who are strong with their backs to goal and can hold the ball up until the midfield moves up in support. Unfortunately by committing to 4-4-2 the midfield is frequently outnumbered by teams playing versions of 4-5-1 and ends up conceding ground and necessitating JR to play on the half way line. We have seen Rovers on the wrong side of the possession stats regularly. Rhodes remains a conundrum without a solution as yet.... and a very expensive one to boot.

A lot of teams have realised that playing a high line negates Rhodes because even if he gets on to a ball over the top he is easily caught because of his lack of speed. He is only effective if you can get the ball to himin the box when defenders are playing him onside. He is deadly then. We need a speedy player as a foil to force the defenders back.

A lot of teams have realised that playing a high line negates Rhodes because even if he gets on to a ball over the top he is easily caught because of his lack of speed. He is only effective if you can get the ball to himin the box when defenders are playing him onside. He is deadly then. We need a speedy player as a foil to force the defenders back.

Its very simple with Rhodes.

Put the ball in front of him ,facing the goal all good.

Give it to him with his back to the goal ...forget it..

Two wingers willing to get to the bye line and actually cross first time and Rhodes will deliver ..

We had one but he's just gone to Bournemouth.

This comment from our Sponsors site sums up our situation:

Blackburn are on offer at 8.00 to be relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time since 1980 come the end of the upcoming campaign and they may well face a season of struggle if they cannot add to their squad in the coming weeks.

This comment from our Sponsors site sums up our situation:

Blackburn are on offer at 8.00 to be relegated to the third tier of English football for the first time since 1980 come the end of the upcoming campaign and they may well face a season of struggle if they cannot add to their squad in the coming weeks.

That's depressingly true thought our sponsors would give more enhanced odds

Wonder how much is being spread bet across Asia on us going down lol. Sell the strikers at the last min and well there could be a plan in there. It would certainly recoup some a bit of money............... ^_^

FUP is working wonders isn't it?

So the single most guilty club of ridiculous overspending, huge wages and reliance on wealthy owners are free to assemble a strong Championship squad ahead of another attempt at promotion, which if they manage to pull off will put them out of FUP jurisdiction.

Whilst Rovers and Forest, whose recent losses are small in comparison to QPR, and particularly in Rovers case there has been clear evidence of major cost cutting and wage reduction in the last 2 years, are screwed because of the embargo, which won't be lifted until January at the earliest.

It is a complete and utter disgrace.

How long until the verdict on the QPR appeal? Wasn't it supposed to be given in June so everyone knew where they stood?

Not a chance. The Football League had not intention of that. It will be the end of the year at the earliest so that whatever the outcome both QPR and the League aren't damaged from it.

QPR make their 6th signing of the summer:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33602062

Disgusting.

I think you need to look at the owner. Tony Fernandez has spewed a fortune on QPR and still hasn't learned his lesson. Seems our lot have. It's taken them some time but it appears they have finally got the picture. Fernandez might be better advised to give Simon Jordan or even Alan Sugar a call.

Thought I would look at Bowyer's comments in interviews from last season whilst checking out our Youtube page.

More of the same this season?

A little depressing to be fair but interesting to pick out themes:

a pleasing start to the season

be more ruthless

build on saturdays win

toughen up in terms of our defending

we deserved some reward

all about us responding

a very pleasing away day

consistency is our goal

enough chances to have won the game

we can't keep giving teams a head start

we'll be fired up

an excellent response

time to kick on

a pleasing three points

an outstanding team effort

maintain the momentum

our qualities shone through

take winning mentality to Millwall

a hard earned point

a big performance for a big game

a real team victory

great spirit and character

important to build on riverside result

not to our usual standard

players desperate to bounce back

too soft today

I expect a reaction

a magnificent reaction

reward the fantastic following

a hard one to take

a pleasing point

looking to progress

delighted to advance

momentum is crucial

not to the standard we've set

a desire to put things right

chances to have taken maximum points

a real cup buzz

delighted with the display

a spring in our step

everyone played their part

heads down and hit top form

tough to take

we got there in the end

relishing the challenge

our biggest achievement

a spring in our step

a scrappy affair

we weren't clinical enough

extend the unbeaten run

disappointed to lose it late on

delighted with the defensive display

we were terrific

not just going for the day out

a terrific afternoon

keep it up

first class application and attitude

mistakes cost us

a massively disappointing display

back, refreshed and ready for the run in

a positive, professional performance

disappointed but hugely proud

refocussed for Reading

a hard fought point

remain unbeaten on the road

not ruthless enough

mental attitude and application crucial

lesson not learnt

team must tighten up defensively

an important win

big effort for last away day

chances to have won it

a fitting way to sign off

• 2 weeks later...

Have to be realistic about this season with Gestede heading out and Rhodes likely going as well, this season I really do see as a transitional season and one that if we avoid relegation has been a successful one. I won't be surprise if the tactic and strategy of the club is to build for the long term. With Gestede, Rhodes, and Cairney gone, our large contracts have almost all gone and in the process we have made a good 20m+ in this transfer window if Rhodes follow suit as well. Not only does that reduce the wage bill, but our debt as well which is the first step towards getting out of this embargo. I do find FFP incredibly unfair as the damage could be done by Christmas time with regards to points and performances. However, just because we might lack the firepower I still see us being a competitive team this year (albeit not for the play offs).

If it helps I know a bit about Keita being half french I follow ligue 1 a fair bit, he is a player with bags of potential and I am surprised we were able to sign up as there was a lot of interest in him in France by bigger clubs. Should we get him fit though, and adapt to the British Game he could be a very good replacement for Gestede. I would like to see us sign Guthrie and Delfouneso if Rhodes heads out the door. At least it will bring a bit of pace into the team. Hell I wouldn't even be against seeing Hanley go if it means we could get Donell Henry back on loan.

Building for the long term in the lower divs with a small cost base and the aim of developing players very quickly to sell on. A quick turnover to pay for the running of the club but also for those involved to cream off % in hard cash regardless of what debt we are sat on or what it's secured against. Think an ever so slightly bigger version of Dario Gradi's Crewe !

Now to some that might seem ok but if we are going to be like that a lot would prefer it to be that way without Venkys and all their associated hangers on, pilferers, idiots and sub standard gravy train riders.

They're probably having a field day on the betting markets as well with all the speculation about their players. Rhodes will be let go just when he reaches odds on to stay at the bookies ;)

Similar with Berg and there were many false dawns regarding Kean. Let's not forget the large amounts plonked on Allardyce to be sacked in the London area hrs before the news broke.....

Can't believe people turn a blind eye to this. No doubt there'll be an apologist along soon with the old nieve line again.

I am loving the negativity. In no way am I saying Venky's have the ability to plan anything. Hell they should have sold Gestede and Rhodes last January to at least give us a chance to remove the embargo this summer, seeing as our play off chances were already long gone. However, whether we will admit it or not we still have a competitive squad. Yes our attack is weak! I am the first to admit but the rest of the squad is one that is more than capable of fighting off relegation and once the embargo is relieved then while we won't have millions to splash our signing have shown we don't need to do that. Just have to look at Cairney, Evans, Gestede, Conway, Killa, Spurr for examples.

Archived