BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season 2015/16 Discussion

How many times Gordon do you have to talk rubbish is it for attention

Any club in the Championship even with huge debts is worth a financial package as everyone knows what promotion brings also the TV deal after this one is going to be even bigger with the Qatari based TV company in the frame

Any championship club with facilities like ours no matter how much debt is worth a punt

FYI sky have let the champions league go and from next season they've let La Liga go to keep hold of the best premier league packages they have to too keep the premier league brand it's worth that much

I repeat Any championship club is getting hold of as everyone knows what riches over the next few years promotion can bring

You've just confirmed all the reasons why Venkys won't be selling the club.

Look at every point you made, and ask yourself why they would hand over this future loot to someone else, whilst waving a final goodbye to the 120 million they've already lost?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at every point you made, and ask yourself why they would hand over this future loot to someone else, whilst waving a final goodbye to the 120 million they've already lost?

There won't be any future loot for Venky's, as long as they continue to employ 3rd rate puppets like Shaw and Bowyer, to run the place.

There won't be any future loot for Venky's, as long as they continue to employ 3rd rate puppets like Shaw and Bowyer, to run the place.

That isn't the point. Athlete claims that buyers for BRFC will be forming an orderly queue if Venkys put the for sale signs up - and I quote post 373 "Any championship club is [worth] getting hold of as everyone knows what riches over the next few years promotion can bring"

Which is complete rubbish of course. But for Athlete's simple brain he needs to know that if "everyone knows what riches promotion can bring" then Venkys will also know that, and therefore they won't throw 120 million down the drain when the alternative is waiting for the promotion riches.

Now back to the real world.

That isn't the point. Athlete claims that buyers for BRFC will be forming an orderly queue if Venkys put the for sale signs up - and I quote post 373 "Any championship club is [worth] getting hold of as everyone knows what riches over the next few years promotion can bring"

Which is complete rubbish of course. But for Athlete's simple brain he needs to know that if "everyone knows what riches promotion can bring" then Venkys will also know that, and therefore they won't throw 120 million down the drain when the alternative is waiting for the promotion riches.

Complete rubbish, simple brain, real world. Hey ho, soon be Xmas.

What promotion riches? Maybe in 15 years, by then we will have gone to the dogs.

Let's be honest, if the club was a valuable option then Venkys would have shifted it on a while a go. As it stands, our club is worth less than nothing. You couldn't give it away, not even to the BRAG etc., simply because the debt would force them to finish the club through liquidation.

I've noticed one or two have said "It's worth a punt to get back to the big time." Really? Can you imagine some rich billionaire arranging to go look round, only to be greeted with the sight of a floundering man known as Derek Shaw. You've got to be joking?! This is before we get to the fact the club's financial state is an absolute shambles.

Sorry typing on my phone and if cropped a chunk of my response. Bit harsh, was the gist. Nighty night.

Ive had the same experience with the phone and iPad. It wasn't a dig just a genuine request for clarification. You've done that. Sweet dreams.

I never said they'd sell.. I was explaining we won't go to the wall someone would take the debt on.. But Noone will give Venky's a fee for it that's highly unlikely..

If Venky's wanted promotion they'd employ proper competent people to run the club.. So can anyone explain why these charlatans are still here because it's unfathomable

What I can't understand is some posters think if Venkys leave we'll fold.. No it won't happen the pieces could still be picked up.. How many championship clubs have folded.. Zero

For this club to progress Venky's Shaw etc and every other charlatan has to go or Venky's somehow employ a proper board with a proper structure but can anyone seriously see this happening

Twice, first and last games

Typical when we finally are on its a home game

Correct .. Forgot about that one

"Simple brain "

Your posting pattern ... Hide for a few weeks , come back insult all n sundry , hide for a for a weeks , insult all n sundry , hide

Correct .. Forgot about that one

"Simple brain "

Your posting pattern ... Hide for a few weeks , come back insult all n sundry , hide for a for a weeks , insult all n sundry , hide

He's in the chris_h mould

If this season sees us exit the embargo and not get relegated, then we'll have a foothold to re-establish ourselves the following season. Football clubs don't get many second chances. Maybe this is ours.

The litmus test is how the club handles its money going forward after this season. Will Venkys really have learned their lesson, or will the process of naivety and trusting the wrong people start all over again? It really has been project cut-your-cloth and eject-the-dross over the last couple of seasons. Selling your best players is never a good thing for the fans, but surely it's a necessary evil for financial responsibility. The days of £8m for Jordan Rhodes and £40K a week are over (for now at least).

They may be low expectations, but live today, fight tomorrow.

If this season sees us exit the embargo and not get relegated, then we'll have a foothold to re-establish ourselves the following season. Football clubs don't get many second chances. Maybe this is ours.

The litmus test is how the club handles its money going forward after this season. Will Venkys really have learned their lesson, or will the process of naivety and trusting the wrong people start all over again? It really has been project cut-your-cloth and eject-the-dross over the last couple of seasons. Selling your best players is never a good thing for the fans, but surely it's a necessary evil for financial responsibility. The days of £8m for Jordan Rhodes and £40K a week are over (for now at least).

They may be low expectations, but live today, fight tomorrow.

I think that's jumping the gun somewhat. Whilst I believe this team, even without the likes of Gestede, Cairney, Baptiste and (possibly Rhodes) is still decent, under the current management that is not enough.

Let's face it GB got us upper mid-table with a team that was easily top 6 in quality. Where will he get a mid-table team (which I believe we probably are without our amazing strike force and having lost a few very useful players)? Evidence would suggest under GB that we'll struggle at the wrong end of the table. The litmus test is how badly will Bowyer screw us up - relegation could kill us.

Not that he's solely to blame, but I've ranted on about Venkeys till I'm blue. But the idea of regrouping under the current management is worrying as they missed the mark well and truely with the first clear shot at a promotion push.

There will be 3 worse teams than us this season. That means we will still be in this league 2016/17 and hopefully embargo free. Then we will find out just how keen our owners are at wanting to get in the the prem.

Edit: Well one of us had to change.

This is exactly why their tenure makes no sense. There was no ambition to stay in the PL (which was infinitely easier) - there is even less ambition to get back there.

Excuses:

- Bad advice - it was just that, advice. They didn't have to follow it so naively, the could and should have sought a SECOND opinion, or put more faith in John Williams who had successfully maintained the club with astute player sales and £3m Trust injections

- Kean was a "nice man" - REALLY? Did your daddy just hand you the keys to your business? Oh wait...

- FFP - we knew this was coming and continued to waste time with poor signings, entrusting a novice whilst we had the ADVANTAGE of parachute payments

- Embargo - this could have been challenged for a fraction of what they are losing A MONTH.

- Player sales - this will be the next one. Under the restrictions we should have been keeping every quality player for as long as they had contracts (unless release clauses were met).

Everything is half-hearted. They pretend they want promotion, with meaningless pledges, but they are trying to do that at the same time that they are downsizing, without an astute manager even attempting to work miracles in the transfer market - favours from PL teams with loans and/or excellent contacts across Europe. Why can't we do this? There is NO-ONE who would come in (reputation fully no claims protected) and a massive bonus for promotion? REALLY??

C'mon - WAKE UP!

http://the92.com/championship/championship-transfer-ratings-2-0/

List of championship signings here, enjoy!

1/10 for our dealings over the summer?

Looks a bit generous to me that.

Seriously though, when you read the comments of someone who (I assume) is an impartial observer and take away any allegiance to the club, one can't help but be worried.

Archived